The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

The scene in Police Academy 2 where commasaire lazzar and his brother are at the Japanese restaurant and the goldfish get boiled is one of the most underrated comedy scenes of all time.

steve likes this.

2. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

3. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

EoinC2 likes this.
  4. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Well-Known Member

My children all got MP3 players and speakers for Christmas and I have been introducing them to some funny songs such as Stark Trekin, and Were not going to take it, but they came across Bernard Cribbins all by themselves.

It started off with:

and these are pretty good too:

paulambry and EoinC2 like this.
  5. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

6. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Gretsch drums are choice primo kit, too. Well worthy of a paradiddle or two.

7. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

My old man used to sing “Right said Fred” as he drove us in our Morris Minor. Thanks for the memory.

cheetahmk7 likes this.
  8. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Well-Known Member

I just read your comment and then walked into the kitchen only to hear I'm too Sexy by Right Said Fred playing. What are the odds of that?

EoinC2 and steve like this.
  9. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

10. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

EoinC2 likes this.
  11. roshea

roshea Well-Known Member

12. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

13. classic1

steve and Wilchemy like this.
  14. classic1

I reckon.

Here’s a better one. George Harrison

EoinC2 likes this.
  15. Wilchemy

Wilchemy Well-Known Member

16. paulambry

He'd fit right in on the LNP front bench. They make a virtue out of being wrong about so many things....

17. paulambry

Re Spike...

Spike Milligan plays a prophet, ignored because his acolytes are chasing after Brian. By coincidence Milligan was visiting his old World War II battlefields in Tunisia where the film was being made. The Pythons were alerted to this one morning and he was promptly included in the scene being filmed.

EoinC2 likes this.
  18. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

https://books.google.com.my/books/a...p_read_button&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

19. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Telstra wanted feedback. OK.

Funny you asked. You know how you tell me all of my phone calls are recorded? Well, so is this response. It's going to be shared by me to all and sundry. About you, Telstra. So I'll aim for pithy and humorous, whilst completely truthful.
    Here we go. So you know how I've been your customer for at least 15 years? And very occasionally I get a discount off of your most expensive broadband and Foxtel deals?
    And you know how that teenaged bugalugs from Queensland (I asked, it was January 2020 btw, and he promised my deal wouldn't change, which I certainly regret not getting in writing, because you have fucking changed it haven't you?) who promised that I had to give up my 120Mbps cable internet service and join the NBN because you were disconnecting the cable service, and I fell for it and let it happen. But all that happened is I let you spend 5 minutes in my house to plug in a new box between my existing cables to ruin my internet connection. So I just did a speedtest and found that I got 8Mbps when I am supposedly guaranteed 40Mbps every moment of the day. That's a pretty poor upgrade.
    Oh and I use to have a phone line. You disconnected that too and said I have to plug it into the modem from now on. But the modem is at the opposite end of the house to the phone line. You tried to charge me to 'resolve' that issue. I refused, and granted you did send out a surly technician who explained that Telstra don't run cable anymore, but at least he gave me the bits and pieces so that I can crawl under the floor and perhaps drill some holes and MYSELF reconnect the services you've disconnected and thus regain a poor imitation of the services I've been paying your inflated prices for.
    And despite the appalling loss of, well, service and amenity, you've had to gall to up my monthly bill by $20 or more. Please refer to your recorded phone calls. Hint- bugalugs in January 2020.

I'm already so annoyed that this review is going public. Thanks for asking. This is exactly why Ombudsmen exist I reckon. I've removed your direct debit capacity from my account, you can disconnect me if you must, and we will have a very public spat.
    Eh, it wasn't very humorous, was it?

XX, Steve.

steve and EoinC2 like this.
  20. Wilchemy

Wilchemy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got the same treatment & deal as my bro, beeps!
    Lost his high speed cable option & forced on to crap speed NBN with a side serve of disconnected phone line & multiple weeks & arguments to get it “somewhat” sorted.