The Thread about Nothing....

Ooh yeah. I could only afford their Stage 2 or 3 Yella Terra red engine head when I was an apprentice but I had an engine engineering mate and we took it to stage 5 cheaply (there's some interesting word juxtaposition in that sentence). Wish I could have afforded the roller rockers in that pic, I would have saved some money in the long term when I turned a noninterference engine into an interference engine with some serious valve bounce issues at 7or8K rpm. I'd used a 202 bottom end and a 186 YT head ported and polished to hell, all well balanced, and triple SUs, but there was a very serious cam grind (the brand escapes me right now, but they were northern NSW, and good), I kept stepping up each rebuild but it ended up way above XU1 spec, a 240kmh missile even just with M21? 4spd gearbox; but yeah I'd gone too deep for my pockets at the time, and ended up basically giving it away when I realised I couldn't be bothered nor afford to fix bits again.
Full disclosure I swapped the beast for a ****ing shitty Toyota Liteace. But that got me out of Lismore, so, uhhhm, yeah. With hindsight, **** I wish I still owned that car. The engine alone would be worth 20K today. The ACL aluminium pistons stood up to dents and it was likely only a bent valve or two as usual.

Reactions: EoinC2
The valve bounce, interference issues possibly happened even higher in the rev range, like 7 to 8k, but I couldn't afford or was too stupid to buy an affordarble Rev counter to match the potential revs.
It was quite reasonably an inexperienced Work in Progress.

I also like modern F1. A lot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/BHCxaYfqlJ4?t=1013

clip_image001.jpg

Or three. Sorry I was rather ******.
Finished my third online class at 9pm last night, but it was that classes first online class, and sadly we happened to be up to the very worst compulsory but dense, nonsensible, illogical part of any syllabus I've ever taught or seen for that matter. An Australian Standard 3500.3 flow chart for designing box gutters with sumps and side overflows, it's got horrendous errors in it which I can't figure out how to correct, which blew all of our brains to smithereens using a new online classroom which was also malfunctioning.
I got through the working week but **** me, didn't I hit the ****. Sorry.

Last edited:
I love the fact that smashed me repeated 7or8K rpm. A red motor with an M21 and a 3.08LSD was probably doing 9000rpm+ at 240km/h. But I just don't know. I didn't have have a rev counter, but I understood sounds. I did have some mechanical sympathy, I could hear detonation, and ****, but I was too poor to really figure it all out before the internet existed, despite having good players in my team, and each engine rebuild was less than $500 in 90s money, and we definitely did get it to a really high standard for small dollar inputs.
As I said I miss that car. It was a very subtly upgraded granny spec survivor 4dr LJ Torana btw.

**** a duck to me, I just spoke to a favourite uncle, and then his sister, my mother, who has generally estranged me, but she answered the phone in current Covid moment, and yes I was on speakerphone to my father as well, and amazingly we all managed to stay respectful.
Nice. Unusual but nice.

Reactions: steve and EoinC2
Oh and did I ever say I disliked the first year apprentice muppets? I take that back. They were all right there to engage with the new technology and online study.
The Cert4 cnuts on the other hand. They think they're special. Login? Get ****ed.

I think I'll still manage to win the war, if not each battle.

?
Oh and did I ever say I disliked the first year apprentice muppets? I take that back. They were all right there to engage with the new technology and online study.
The Cert4 cnuts on the other hand. They think they're special. Login? Get ****ed.

I think I'll still manage to win the war, if not each battle.
Thanks for liking that Eoin,
but a well explained repeat performance tonight will likely have actual complaints that ****wit gov't departments will have to investigate.
The Cert3 1st year apprentices have nailed it. They seemingly seamlessly understand the necessary online transition. I'll blame myself in part for some 1st term face to face building of respect with those lads. It's worked well.
The Cert4 cnuts on the other hand. (the night classes, specifically tonight's)
Hmm. How can a bunch of ****s be so disobedient to specific email direction and still be so rude and dismissively selfentitled so quickly after only just finishing their apprenticeships? They truly are ****s before their age. I may not win that battle, but I'll keep trying.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/26ELh7P2ZtA

Last edited:
Keep fighting the good fight, Beepers. The ones who get it are worth it. The ones who don’t, travel their own path.
A voyage of discovery...

Hey Ozman is you read this know that you are missed. Hope you are doing ok and still owning weekend warriors on Beach Rd.

Dead pool fail. Little Richard.

I think it’s only Jerry Lee Lewis left out of the original rock n rollers.