The Thread about Nothing....

Oh and that wasn’t meant as a takedown but as an explanation of my chosen method to start with the rules and then the application, because 2.5 years of teaching experience has taught me that they don’t want to pay attention but will complain about you not making **** clear enough over your head if you fail them. So it’s bibs and braces. Even this newfangled online Class of strangers won’t get that bollocks past first base. And we’re clearly startIng to build some trust along with the uploading of poor worksheets and Frank discussion of such. Baby steps.

And sorry for poor grammar in tonight’s messages. I’m fat thumbs on the iPhone resting my Still ****ed back Lying down in front of the telly Stop capitalizing unnecessarily you mad device.
I’m ****ing over that computer which is both my work and personal life almost completely now during lockdown. Sitting down in front of a webcam And Twice as many unpaid hours of associated online box ticking has Not improved the lower back issues. And such a change from a Previously primarily tools based tradie lifestyle.
I’m very lucky to actually have had covid improve my income at a time as a teacher when I’m incapable of proper sole trader plumbing duties. Welcome to the 21st century Beepers.
I don’t know how you freaks have survived living like this. Xx

Last edited:
Reactions: EoinC2
And Claude Lelouch is about to do the remake of it, in Monaco this time, as a replacement to the F1 GP, with Charles LeClerc driving, presumably an actual Ferrari this time, rather than the original which was Claude's 450SEL Mercedes with cameras, but with a Ferrari 275GTB soundtrack overlaid, which may or may not have been driven by a French F1 driver of the era. Which the cops never managed to prove the first time, even though they did arrest him for it when he screened it. He had applied for permission, and street closures, but got refused, but said bugger it, I'm doing it anyway.
Aah.

Last edited:
Having just watched it again, and thought about it, it's clear that a big rorty V12 in 5th gear would be passing the pleb vehicles on the straights at a much faster rate.
It truly was continually decent audio, an editor's special, and I do wonder how they did it. I assume the 275 was driven on an oval, with a TV and VCR in the cockpit and microphones everywhere, and a good driver to try to match braking and gear changes to the video. But the crucial tyre squeal was likely added on top of that in post production, according to my ears.

And that's truly a guess. I know what I posted in the previous -1 post is likely true, but I'm just conjecturing about the process as an amateur.
I can't remember thinlipped actresses names, but I remember that.

Oh, and yes I think I might have a criminal record now that I've been fined for Offensive Language. Woot.

****s.

White men cant jump. **** me that Rosie Perez has the most annoying voice in the history of mankind. Also, get over yourself moll. It is not your destiny to go on jeopardy. Classic1 auditioned for million dollar minute and they ****ing axed the show coz they knew I’d clean up.

Also a chat to a dear friend. His advice was **** celibacy, lick some, ahem, vagina,
and be the superstar you are, and tell the muppets you're gonna help make them the best muppets the world has ever seen.
He's a better salesman than me.

Fran Drescher a close second.

True story about million dollar minute too. I went on and they put you on the buzzers like on the show with two other potential contestants. I think it was 25 questions. I answered 23. Got one wrong. The bloke had to stop half way through to tell the others to anticipate like I was. I still smashed them.

Fran Drescher a close second.

True story about million dollar minute too. I went on and they put you on the buzzers like on the show with two other potential contestants. I think it was 25 questions. I answered 23. Got one wrong. The bloke had to stop half way through to tell the others to anticipate like I was. I still smashed them.

I’m guessing there wasn’t too many math questions...

Hope y’all are doing well and staying generally out of mischief.

Hey Swampy, we are all emerging from various stages of stay at home orders, so time will tell how much mischief we get up to.

How are things going with you?

Lookzilla finally got to stick her head out the door (laziness, rather than COVID-19, has kept her in isolation for many months, but the pandemic was an excuse I happily latched onto).
Went out again in the wee hours today. At a time that is usually the realm of peeps getting kicked out of clubs, and boy-racers maintaining their street-cred, all was very quiet and peaceful. I’m running out of excuses to keep Lookzilla in quarantine.
Look by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Hey Swampy, we are all emerging from various stages of stay at home orders, so time will tell how much mischief we get up to.

How are things going with you?

Same here. Commiefornia had things a little different than most highly populated states in the US. We sheltered in place earlier and now that we are starting to see a gradual rise in cases and have hit our highest death tolls for Covid-19 the past few weeks, it’s been decided we’re ready to get back to normal again. The logic escapes me completely... LOL

I’ve been on either side of the fence for this. You either just let it run it’s course and hurry it through society and hope that those that are infected and survive get immunity or you stick everyone in their houses for eternity until 30 days past the last known case. Our wonderful Libtard Governor decided to drive the local economy into the dirt early and despite noting increase infection rates in LA and the SF Bay Area decides to follow the rest of the country in re-opening.

That said, back at the end of Feb/early March - right when the first case in the US believed not to have been associated with a visit abroad and said person marched into a hospital about 1.4km from my house, I got sick with a bad fever and weird “snotless” flu. I’ve never had flu where I haven’t been a river of snot but this one kicked my ass good. I was dead to the world and sleeping about 20 hours a day - or at least trying too. Probably didn’t help that several weeks prior, Travis Air Force Base, just 7km away became the largest quarantine area in the US for folks returning from abroad and on cruise ships.

Apart from that, I’ve been doing OK. Hardly touched the bike in a few years but a change of jobs and less stress is renewing the enthusiasm for bikes. New guitars and renewed friendship with vodka has ensued. The latter needs to stop. Years ago when I moved to the US and raced cars for a while I got back on the bike to lose weight and go faster. Then I just ended up back on the bike. Now I want to lose weight to do some track days on the BMW sports bike and yep, will use the bicycle to shed some weight. Will likely end up back on the bike again :p One of the two wheel things will have disk brakes :p

The Shining is on. I only saw it for the first time a few months ago. Give me a critique of it.

You only saw The Shining a few months ago? WTF Classo. It’s not like it’s one of the best movies of all time.

Best to watch it several times in various states of drunkenness. Krubriks movies have lots of hidden gems that require a different train of thought to spot oddball details.

I’m not normally a fan of remakes but the remake if this was not too bad but sadly for them that still means if was utter **** when compared to the original.

Not a big horror fan so never got around to it. The young bloke nagged me about it and brought it around.

Speaking of Looks Eoin, I've just scored this.

IMAG0090_1.jpg

Not a big horror fan so never got around to it. The young bloke nagged me about it and brought it around.

Speaking of Looks Eoin, I've just scored this.

View attachment 4552
Niiiice, Classic! From the days when lugged carbon and plenty of glue was the way of the future. It was an important stepping stone to what we have today.