The Thread about Nothing....

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-2_1-37-4.png
    upload_2020-6-2_1-37-4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
I know I've typed some stupid **** on this forum after a bottle of wine lately,` after a bottle of of wine or two to be honest, but I want to reassure you all and even myself, that if you have a child who happens to be my student, I do take it seriously, and this Covid moment has been a dramatic learning curve for us all, but I do have the end goal of better plumbers, with at least primary school levels of maths as my goal, because it's actually necessary. I'm stunned that so many of them have gotten to me without that, but c'est la vie. We're working on it.
I got tears in my eyes tonight sharing my mobile no this evening with an apprentice student who was clearly having a bad day today, with his less than ideal employer, but he stayed with the class despite his issues, and I just kinda had to call him this evening to thank him for that, after sending him home early; and say you can call me anytime if you need to, and also to encourage him not to burn his bridges with his shitty boss for the sake of his own future. And describe how I've experienced similar back in the day.
He appreciated the contact, and was so appreciative after his bad day it made me a little teary.
Uncle Steve did good.

Reactions: roshea and EoinC2
I also finished the job on my bosses bosses place tonight and Plead the 5th. She understood, and smiled, which was nice.
It's taken me 47 years to figure out you don't need to say **** you don't need to.

Don't expect me to adhere to such logic on this forum btw. This is my truthtelling forum. Come what may.

Reactions: EoinC2
****! Would not have guessed that one..... Why is he dressed like a funeral director?

He was NEVER cool IMO. I reckon he thought he was, but he was wrong. I can’t think of any rockstar who gets around looking like that.

Joe Walsh on the other hand...

Reactions: paulambry
Peter Frampton has settled into his middle age body quite well. Has appeared a couple of times on "Madam Secretary".

NZ is in Covid Alert Level 2 (Max social groups 100), still with social distancing and contact tracing. Likely to go to level 1 this week, which will enable nightclubs and sports stadiums to reopen. As of today we have 0 active cases, and no new cases for 17 days. 22 deaths.

I am still working from home and will continue to do so at least 50% of the time when the office reopens for all staff.

I did all my cycling indoors on Zwift during lockdown and will be doing so again after I recover form my latest dumb **** crash. To keep away from some following traffic, I rode my gravel bike up onto a freshly laid roadside berm with newly sown grass, the front wheel sunk in to the rim and spat me off into a sign post. I have a couple of fractured ribs and a bag full of opiates to help me sleep at night.

Rib fractures are very painful as you've no doubt discovered. Make sure you are taking enough pain relief to enable you to breath properly or your next problem will be pneumonia.

Rib fractures are very painful as you've no doubt discovered. Make sure you are taking enough pain relief to enable you to breath properly or your next problem will be pneumonia.

I have a good supply of pain relief, and an app on my phone that goes off regularly like a frog in a sock to remind me about each dose.

I also have this handy device for breathing exercises to inflate my lungs properly on a regular basis.

102790992_10222408600028779_5486406975859865684_o.jpg

And a very happy 99th birthday to Prince Philip. May all the TANs dead pool dreams come true.

53728D8F-183F-4C96-989C-8946FC73E5A6.jpeg
7E38D8E3-DF8C-4DE7-BBC9-2C76F270A5F3.png

If only. Students passed around pictures tonight of some poor ****s no longer a face, who'd been chewed by a big ****ing American 'black'? or possibly not white bear? I was astounded that a human head, however chewed and mangled, could have such obvious cavities?
And he lived. Amazing.
Matagi?

I'll also say Black Lives Matter.
I'm tempted to say All lives matter too, but I won't. Because that'll somehow make me a right wing cnut?
I honestly dunno.
I do hope we can all maybe get along but.

Last edited: