The Thread about Nothing....

You've never heard of Tim Pierce, but with over a thousand studio tracks recorded, no small number of them important hits, you would have heard him. Like this one...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ll explain this one. It’s funk. Of course it’s ace. Der.
Yeah, true true. But the joy of Rick Beato's clip is the way he splits out all the parts Stevie plays. It's a stunning illustration of just how gifted Stevie is. On drums. On keyboard..s, plural. His voice. Composition. Arrangement. Production. What a virtuoso.

Trying to see if we can post an mp4...

(linked BB Code)

(BB Code)
fVZI7h1.mp4

(direct link)
https://i.imgur.com/fVZI7h1.mp4
[EDIT: this one works if you click it]

[MEDIA]https://i.imgur.com/fVZI7h1.mp4[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Doubled-barred Finch. We have a family of them who arrive in Spring/early Summer and nest in the wisteria. Very hard to get a decent pic of them as they are super zippy.

OHPV8u1.jpg

Reactions: EoinC2
King parrots will take seed from your hand if you show enough time and patience with them. I get them occasionally, believe it or not. Plenty of parrots in the green belt behind my place. Cockatoos, corellas, galahs sometimes, eastern and crimson rosellas, lorikeets. I’ve had black cockies fly over but not hang around. No gang gangs, but have seen them 1km away.

Yeah, some of them are pretty friendly. The first two shots are of an old lady King-Parrot who comes to see us regularly. We can get real close to her. The family of maggies are very tame (the ones in the mp4). There's one in particular that I can almost feed from my hand. I reckon I'll get there in the next few months.

And yeah, we have black cockies in our area too, but they never stop by.

I'm not surprised you would have lots of birds down your way.

I'm reading a book at the moment by Tim Low titled Where Song Began. It turns out that all the songbirds of the world originated in Australia. Same same for parrots.

I'm gonna try and get pics of all the birds in our area. I'll post them as I snap them. But I'll need a much better lense to get some decent pics of the kites, hawks, falcons and eagles that hunt in the paddocks out the back of the house. There are heaps of them.

Last edited:
A nice place with nice guests shot well Ambry.
As per Classo I reckon all of our native birds are smart as ****.
I learnt that as a country kid, but I still get it in inner city Sydney. Lots of early wakeup calls and families of transient breeds that choose my backyard as a safe place. I'm a bit sick of the cuckoos. It's not too uncommon though to find magpies and currawongs in particular using my kitchen as theirs when dirty smoker me crawls downstairs in the morning when the door is left open in warmer months. We get along. They're smart birds and I'm pretty sure I've met a few generations of the same family over the years. Mum is generally up for a chat. I've looked after a fledgeling or two when required and it seems that such handfeeding care gets rewarded by the greater family, which I like. Hmm, lately only the bigger breeds left here now. I miss the blue wrens that used to breed in the lightwell. I blame the Indian Mynahs for that, but even they're thinner on the ground here now. A very quiet fruitbat season in the massive figtree this summer too come to think of it. I wonder why?

I'm not surprised you would have lots of birds down your way.

I'm reading a book at the moment by Tim Low titled Where Song Began. It turns out that all the songbirds of the world originated in Australia. Same same for parrots.
I’ve read that, Good read.

Paynesville is even better for birds. You get all the same parrots except maybe King and gang gang, but in larger numbers, plus all the water birds. I need to go to Morwell swamp to see the same (it’s not a ****** wetland, it’s a swamp).

Dad hand feeds magpies, though they don’t come in as much since the female disappeared. She used to tap on the glass door and walk all the way through the kitchen to the fridge. He also feeds a noisy miner and a couple of butcher birds, which I never see in the Valley.

There is a lunatic magpie here now that I can hear warbling. Never heard one warble at midnight before.

One of the great things about living in the country is all the birds that you see. We get quite a few at our house in town and my in-laws have a lot out at there farm. I especially love hearing them when riding gravel roads, even if there calls are only warning calls. If I’m really lucky I’ll get to see a bird of prey like a wedge tail eagle or even a peregrine falcon.

I find it depressing when I visit my folks in Leopold on the Bellarine Peninsula. The only birds are Indian Mynas, sparrows, black birds and magpies.

Reactions: classic1
Yeah, that is sad Cheetah. And a bit ironic, given that you have to pass by the Werribee pooh-farm to get there, which I'm led to believe is one of Victoria's best bird-watchers' sites.

Some good pics there, Paul. I do enjoy the variety of content here in the TAN. Always something to be learned.
We did have a family of Tawny Frogmouths that nested in our front tree for a few years and raised a number of chicks which was cool but they have moved on now.

Reactions: paulambry