The Thread about Nothing....

They are hard bastards to see. I reckon I've only ever seen 4 or 5 of them.

Love then pick of old man galah Paul.

Reactions: paulambry
That reminds me, Ryan and I rescued a galah when I was living at my parents about 9 years ago. It was young, reckon it had been hit by a car. The dumbarses like to sit on the road in Morwell to warm up. Anyway, we go home, get a box, chase the ****er around for ten minutes in the vacant block, finally catch it, then I have to make about 6 calls to find someone who’ll take it. Finally I get on to some bloke at Jeeralang.

Drive out there (it’s 20km away), his place is on some side track off the climb they used in the Churchill stage of the Herald Sun Tour a couple of years ago, the one that turned onto the gravel then the hairy descent. It’s pretty country out there, Latrobe Valley is quite pretty off the hwy and away from the coal mines. Anyway, this bloke has a massive menagerie out there. The veranda around the house had every sort of parrot on it, magpies, blue tongue lizards, goannas, raptors, and best of all, a couple of wedge tail eagles. There were multiple big cages away from the house as well that we’re full of birds.

Anyway, the bloke turns up as he’d been up the yard feeding the birds. He looked like that feral wizard out of The Hobbit. Gave him the galah, he reckoned it would be ok, the ****ed off. Must have cost him a fortune to take care of all that wildlife.

We went through a bit of a period of rescuing animals around that time, to the point we called ourselves Animal Rescue Squad Emergency. **** for short.

lols

Wowsers though... did you get to see the Wedgies up close? Aren't they just the most majestic critters you've ever seen?

They are scary looking mofos up close, only inches away through the cage, big and look really strong. I nearly hit one in the car once, it was scoffing a dead roo on the side of road up on Mt Tassie. It hopped off the road and took off, diving down into the valley. They are pretty awesome.

Went to the nursery today. They have an aviary. Was **** funny. A princess parrot came over to us for a chat. The girl there said his old owner was a man, he only liked talking to blokes, preferred blokes with hats on, hated women, and wouldn’t have a bar of her at all ahahaha. I reckon he was swearing too, saying ****ing cnut, but his chat wasn’t clear. Would hang with again, might take him a beer next time.

Another woman that worked there came over and as soon as she did a lorikeet named Betty flew over and started dancing for her. **** their expensive plants, I’m going back for the birds.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That reminds me Paul. Stevie used to play a lot of harmonica on his songs, but later on you never heard him play it.

Do you think he put his harmonica down somewhere in the house and couldn’t find it again?

That reminds me Paul. Stevie used to play a lot of harmonica on his songs, but later on you never heard him play it.

Do you think he put his harmonica down somewhere in the house and couldn’t find it again?
I heard his second wife moved them just before they parted ways.

Reactions: classic1
I like the Teskey Brothers Beepers.

Reminded me of The Commitments a bit (the lead singer's voice) ...