The Thread about Nothing....

What a little ****ing shithead.
61693488919__002DDFFE-411C-430A-8F04-A91F5485F705.JPG

Reactions: EoinC2
Stop looking at my mum like that.
Oh for ****'s sake. What's with the cross back to the studio with a vacuous discussion about nothing with Bridie?
I do like like Dr. Bridie's voice though.
I mean if I could combine the Fartographer's body with Dr. Bridie's brain.
Come to to think of it, maybe a tad of Robbie McEwen too.
Mmm. Magic.

But think of the excellent diversity we enjoy having the states and territories... like the marvellous variety in rail gauges. That's been a real winner for over a hundred years.

Dont even get me started Paul. Dont even get me riled up. I mean seriously don't even go there. I mean....

The border closures due to Covid19 is a national disgrace and there is no current medical argument for any of it.

The political gamesmanship being played throughout 2020 so far is unforgivable and pathetic.

The conduct of the various state government absolutely highlights their irrelevance in a 21st century economy. Complete lack of ability to effectively collaborate during a critical incident of national importance only reinforces the need to move away from Federation towards a direct democracy without borders.

When this is all over we will absolutely study the public policy failure across state lines and the general failure of public policy execution from the various state agencies including the NSW Police.

Of course I suspect no one will lose there job, everyone will forget it all happened and nothing will change because we "cant be bothered". I hate the right wing dickheads in this country, I hate the left wing dickheads in this country and I feel very alone standing somewhere in the middle.

At this point knowing what we now know about the virus I fully support any and all class actions against Victorian, NSW and Queensland State Governments in particular.

This country is weak as **** and the woke folk have gone totally bananas at this point.

Reactions: paulambry
C995C628-914C-4279-8079-802D52DDBC51.jpeg

Pic turned up on faceaids today, posted by a mate of dads. Dad and my sister messaged it through, I’d never seen it before. That is the second pic this week.

Me, second wheel in the red and white, Melbourne to Ballarat, bottom of the Pentlands, I reckon just past Bacchus Marsh. Not sure but I think it’s 1989, but it may be 1990, so I’m either a last year junior or first year senior. Second scratch bunch.

If it’s 1989 (Which I’m pretty sure it is) I won my grade prize, jumped away 1km to go. It it’s 1990 I got knocked off in the bunch sprint and did ace cartwheels down the road, broke a brake lever and should have gone to hospital for stitches. Dad actually gave me back the odd, unbroken lever about a month ago! Didn’t catch the limit riders either year, although in 1990 only six of us got over the pentlands and we rode through nearly the whole field before scratch caught us on the last lap of the finish circuit. I think the race came in through Bunniyong and finished at Sebastopol. I don’t mind saying, I was ****ing flying that day in 1990 and dead set spewing when I fell as would probably have won the bunch sprint. Distinctly remember catching bunch after bunch, we caught a big group on a drag, spread across the road in an echelon. The blokes in my group pushed up the sheltered side. I just rode up to the front in the wind. You don’t have many days like that.

No smiling. Was a hard day. Both years mentioned it was 5c at the start and maximum 9c in Ballarat. Rained on and off, bit of hail, wind. I know one bloke got hyperthermia, skinny junior from Shepparton who normally went good. Cold part of the world up from Bacchus Marsh to Ballarat.

Having said that, the dude in the leg warmers was from down this way. I told him not to wear them, they were Roubaix type thermals. He overheated and got dropped before we got much further up the Pentlands.

Great pic. Great story Classic. Geez that's a tough ride. I haven't raced it (I mean, as if I ever would), but I have ridden up and back, and the westerlies are an abomination up the Pentlands. Chapeau to anyone who's done the Melbourne to Ballarat.

Don't show us ya tits
I will. I've grown a splendid set of man boobs since the rona began. I walk 30meters to my office, sit on my **** all day, then walk back to the house for dinner. I reckon the rona will kill old farts like me, without even catching the virus.

In which I lose my favourite tripod through being a numpty, and discover that, if one cuts one’s own hair without the aid of duelling mirrors, one stands a fair chance of ending up with an unintentional stupid tribute to a rat-tail at the back, of which one remains blissfully unaware...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=olwVZo3K_v0

View attachment 4723

Pic turned up on faceaids today, posted by a mate of dads. Dad and my sister messaged it through, I’d never seen it before. That is the second pic this week.

Me, second wheel in the red and white, Melbourne to Ballarat, bottom of the Pentlands, I reckon just past Bacchus Marsh. Not sure but I think it’s 1989, but it may be 1990, so I’m either a last year junior or first year senior. Second scratch bunch.

If it’s 1989 (Which I’m pretty sure it is) I won my grade prize, jumped away 1km to go. It it’s 1990 I got knocked off in the bunch sprint and did ace cartwheels down the road, broke a brake lever and should have gone to hospital for stitches. Dad actually gave me back the odd, unbroken lever about a month ago! Didn’t catch the limit riders either year, although in 1990 only six of us got over the pentlands and we rode through nearly the whole field before scratch caught us on the last lap of the finish circuit. I think the race came in through Bunniyong and finished at Sebastopol. I don’t mind saying, I was ****ing flying that day in 1990 and dead set spewing when I fell as would probably have won the bunch sprint. Distinctly remember catching bunch after bunch, we caught a big group on a drag, spread across the road in an echelon. The blokes in my group pushed up the sheltered side. I just rode up to the front in the wind. You don’t have many days like that.

Checkout the goggles on the bloke in front. My missus reckons you were hot stuff back in 1989 so there you go Classic.

Thanks for sharing great stuff :)

Your missus obviously has great taste.

Those goggles are the original Oakley Factory Pilots, forerunner to every cycling specific sunglasses now made. You know you are old when you raced in the time when they were still being made.