The Thread about Nothing....

Interesting that Bridie's step-father was instrumental in the Mabo judgement. His findings in a state-based case (in the Queensland Supreme Court) was referred to the High Court for a decision based on the facts of the case before him. It was the High Court - the highest Case in the land - who handed down the Mabo decision in a 6 to 1 majority decision in favour of Eddie Mabo and his co-plaintiffs. That extraordinary decision, led by Chief Justice Brennan, rejected the traditional doctrine that Australia was terra nullius ('land belonging to no-one') at the time of European settlement.

The case began in 1982 and was finalised in 1992, by which time Eddie Mabo had passed away.

Bridie's step-father, Justice Martin Moynihan... legend. Chief Justice Brennan... absolute legend.

Of course, as soon as Mabo was settled, the lunatic fringe started their campaign of misinformation, asserting that we would all lose our freehold titles. Which was exactly what the High Court didn't say. Three of the 6 judges noted the circumstances in which native title rights and interests could be lost subsequent to European settlement, adding that, there were conditions which must be met to retain native title, saying: 'Where a clan or group has continued to acknowledge the laws and (so far as practicable) to observe the customs based on the traditions of that clan or group, whereby their traditional connection with the land has been substantially maintained, the traditional community title of that clan or group can be said to remain in existence.'

Pauline Hanson, the quintessence of that class of idiot who luxuriates in their ignorance, said (in a language resembling English):

"We thought we were signing over just to Mabo because his connection with the land. It's had so much impact on us with native title, that a lot of people have been dispossessed of their lands in Australia because of it."​

No freehold land titleholder in Australia has been dispossessed of their land.

Reactions: EoinC2
Pauline Hanson, looking more and more like Ronald McDonalds sister, is a ****wit and grifter of the highest order and needs to get in the bin. That **** more than anyone imo has moved the Overton Window in this country so far to the right it’s ridiculous. We’ve always had a looney right, but she made it mainstream. Even more than Howard, as she was the instrument that allowed it to move as far rightwards as it has. He just jumped on the wheel with glee as it moved past, the ****ing rodent.

How someone so ****ing stupid got in to such a position of influence (not power, she has **** all and basically sits in the Senate as part of the dingbat fringe of the coalition) is beyond me.

Good stage. Cracker. **** Zakarin is horrible to watch going downhill. My ***** look prettier descending through my lower bowel than Zakarin looks descending a col.

I reckon there are kiddies out there with training wheels who’d descend better than Zakarin. Pauline Hanson and Donald Trump have better English language skills than Zakarin has descending skills. Helen Keller has better visual acumen and is less frightening to watch on TV on a mountain descent than Zakarin.

I could go on for hours...

Last edited:
I always wince at the footage of Gilbert going over the wall in that montage SBS play at the start of their coverage.

So, Classo, what's your opinion on Zakarin's descending ability?
It’s not very good. I may have stated this. Instead of using **** analogies I’ll put some context around it.

Loving commentators on twitter saying he is so much better than an average cyclist at descending and they shouldn’t criticise. I call ********. I’ve been down the skatepark and can recognise there are 11 year olds that can handle a bike better than me and better than some pros.

I’ve raced against pros and not all of them can mix it when it’s argy bargy. He’s that bad I reckon most blokes riding at B grade at a state level would descend better because they can look up the road to anticipate, hit an apex, descend in the drops and follow a wheel. Zakarins skill level is so poor he can’t even follow the line of component descenders. He lost over 1 min to Peters in 10km of descending. Well over 6 seconds per km. That is woeful.

Reactions: EoinC2 and Wilchemy
In today’s edition of “stuff you didn’t know that will amaze the **** out of you”, I learned that:

Chad Morgan is still alive
Chad Morgan is still alive and performing

He is 87.

Poor Fabio Aru. I don’t think there is anything physically wrong with him. His head fell off. Hope he can re-find his motivation and confidence. When he is on he is exciting to watch.

Saronni is being an ********. You’d think he’d have more sympathy. He was **** after 83, other than one reasonably good year in 86. He might have won a couple of Giro stages in 84 or 85, but the stages must have been downhill because he looked like the little fat kid off Hey Dad those seasons and did **** all else. He was invisible otherwise. Saronni raced until 90 or 91. Pretty much took five seasons of pay checks based on all his results prior to 84 and one blip in 86. So **** you Beppe.

Poor Fabio Aru. I don’t think there is anything physically wrong with him. His head fell off. Hope he can re-find his motivation and confidence. When he is on he is exciting to watch.

Saronni is being an ********. You’d think he’d have more sympathy. He was **** after 83, other than one reasonably good year in 86. He might have won a couple of Giro stages in 84 or 85, but the stages must have been downhill because he looked like the little fat kid off Hey Dad those seasons and did **** all else. He was invisible otherwise. Saronni raced until 90 or 91. Pretty much took five seasons of pay checks based on all his results prior to 84 and one blip in 86. So **** you Beppe.
You had to feel for the guy as he was riding alongside the broom wagon, with the cameras shoved in his face.

I have one of these forlornly hanging in my shed down in Perth...
https://cyclingtips.com/2018/04/bik...onni-for-leroica-and-a-dancelli-for-training/

Gidday!

BGNZdhB.jpg

L to R: Jono. Jono's dad, Laurie. And some other extremely handsome skinny cnut.