The Thread about Nothing....

Sooo ..... how is Ritchie Porte's time trialling? Reckon he can squeak into a podium position?

"Yeah, the crowds were so loud, I couldn't hear the time calls". They were probably yelling "You're making it too obvious... slow down!"

Tom Dumoulin... "What can I say? It happened. I don't know how Pogacar climbed a minute faster than I did" Also Tom Dumoulin: "My values were World Championship values. It's great to see. That's why I was all the more surprised that Pogačar was 1:20 quicker. I'm sure I can tell you I'm never going to reach that level. I may be able to win one per cent somewhere, but not five per cent."

Great Tour though. Credit to Richie Porte. The way he got back to the bunch after his puncture on Stage 18. Nice work. Dunno if you heard the story Robbie told about that incident... after Porte got back to the bunch, Lopez (who would have been happy to step on the gas when Porte punctured) asked Porte for a swig from his bidon. Porte apparently said "Sure cobber, here... I've got a cold though..."

I was pleased to see Hirschi was awarded the Most Combative. He was my fav by the end of the race.

If you dont read proposed and newly enacted legislation then you really should.

If you watch mainstream media more than you read peer reviewed papers or the like then you really should reconsider how you spend your time.

Read this - its diabolical on so many levels:
https://content.legislation.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/bills/591238exi1.pdf

2020 is hands down the most bizarre year during which reality itself is pawning all fiction at every juncture.

If you are having trouble understanding what is proposed above let me know....will be speechless if this gets royal assent.

"Yeah, the crowds were so loud, I couldn't hear the time calls". They were probably yelling "You're making it too obvious... slow down!"

Tom Dumoulin... "What can I say? It happened. I don't know how Pogacar climbed a minute faster than I did" Also Tom Dumoulin: "My values were World Championship values. It's great to see. That's why I was all the more surprised that Pogačar was 1:20 quicker. I'm sure I can tell you I'm never going to reach that level. I may be able to win one per cent somewhere, but not five per cent."
Yes.
I mean what?

Great Tour though. Credit to Richie Porte. The way he got back to the bunch after his puncture on Stage 18. Nice work. Dunno if you heard the story Robbie told about that incident... after Porte got back to the bunch, Lopez (who would have been happy to step on the gas when Porte punctured) asked Porte for a swig from his bidon. Porte apparently said "Sure cobber, here... I've got a cold though..."

I was pleased to see Hirschi was awarded the Most Combative. He was my fav by the end of the race.
Yes. I mean what?

If you watch mainstream media more than you read peer reviewed papers or the like then you really should reconsider how you spend your time.

2020 is hands down the most bizarre year during which reality itself is pawning all fiction at every juncture.

If you are having trouble understanding what is proposed above let me know....will be speechless if this gets royal assent.
Yes. Or not.
I mean what?

Has it gone through? Doubt it would get through the upper house.

The Commonwealth Defence Legislation enhancement of defence force response to emergencies is even worse. The one about taking mobile phones off reffos is pretty bad too. They already have that power if anyone is breaking the law. **** these ****s over reach.

Great tour. Happy to see Porte make the podium after years of working his butt off for others. I was disappointed that Sagan didn't get the chance to grab a podium boy by the ass just to be fair and inclusive.

Ikea-s’arselic have staff members arrested at the Tour for failing to administer doping products properly.

Nice shade being thrown by Tom Dom. He’s not producing similar power to when he won the worlds TT in ‘17. His time splits showed that. Maybe if you don’t ride a TT bike complete with disk wheel up a climb with very steep grades then you’d likely go a bit quicker up the hill. Those Bianchi’s are almost a heavy as I am... Maybe he was thinking of another excuse like having to stop again to take a ****...

Those columbians were probably searched for flogging the shampoos, soaps, towels and bathrobes from the hotel

classic1’s in-depth men’s world pro road cycling covid19 championships preview special edition,

The World Cycling Championship is on Sunday. I’ll preview the shielas first because it will probably be a better race than the men’s. Vos will win. Now that’s out of the way we can move on to the men.

The worlds have been moved from Switzerland to Imola in wogland because Swiss timing is still reliant on cuckoo clocks and because cooties. The circuit has been made hard because the Swiss course was hard, but instead of one big mountain each lap the Imola course has two tough hills each lap. 5000m of climbing is over what you’d normally get in a hard mountain stage. This fits in with the current consensus of ‘let’s make everything as stupidly difficult as possible’. Not always sure this results in the best racing. Everyone gets scared and waits. I can remember a vic pro championship at Yinnar on a relatively flat course that resulted in everyone finishing in ones and twos, because it was open to the wind and had about 4 hard drags and one short climb only, but it still smashed them. One of he Sanspaghettis won, not Sal or Remo, the younger one who talked like an Aussie. Anyhoo.

If the race was in Switzerland I’d say Michael Woods would win. Because it’s in Italy and like Liege or something, someone capable of winning Liege, Lombardy or Flèche Wallonne will win. Someone who is a fat **** won’t win, nor will anyone not entered. It’s that sort of analysis that keeps you all coming back. Here is the start list. https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/world-championships-mens-road-race-start-list-286225

Why Sam Bennett even bothered to enter I have no idea. Vittorio Adorni is a better tip as he won here in 1968 on a course that used part of the circuit and probably climbs better than Bennett.

I’m picking Fuglsang. I’m also tipping the seppos to go really well, but unfortunately they can’t sprint so won’t win. Suck **** seppos. Favourites and comments below. Dunno why Thomas, Kamna and Kragh Andersen aren’t on the start list, I’d rate all at ***.

FUGLSANG Jakob ***** - favourite, not a bad Danish team behind him, should be pinging with the Giro about to start.
VALGREN Michael ** - rode the Tour, former Amstel winner.
VALVERDE Alejandro ** - too old now.
SÁNCHEZ Luis León *** - shifty *******, would not want him there in the last lap. Grouse Spanish team btw, Landa, Mas, Soler etc..
VAN AERT Wout ***** - climbs, sprints, TTs, but likely to get heavily marked.
VAN AVERMAET Greg *** - will likely do something retarded and blow up his chance. On the upside, strong Belgian team, BENOOT & WELLENS to be sent up the road as decoys
ALAPHILIPPE Julian ** - doesn’t appear to have the legs and the French team are rubbish.
DUMOULIN Tom ** - learn to sprint you big dope. May need to stop for a **** or will turn up on his TT bike.
SCHACHMANN Max * - Still not 100% imo
POGAČAR Tadej **** - apparently goes ok
ROGLIČ Primož *** - also apparently goes ok but suspect his head may have fallen off and is on the back side of his form.
PORTE Richie *- look, I bag Richie but I love him. Even though he can’t sprint and falls off all the time. He will be there in the final, but his diesel accelerations will just cause the likes of Van Aert to laugh.
MATTHEWS Michael ***- reckon the course is slightly too tough. A win would be ace though as it would cause the cyclingnews forum to go into meltdown. Go Bling!
KWIATKOWSKI Michał ***** - in form, clever, sprints well, has won before, can race 250km. One of the big favourites.
HIRSCHI Marc *** - this dude is ace and I have man love for him. Slight questions about endurance for 250km as he is a baby but should be ok.
LUTSENKO Alexey * - would suck if he won.
WOODS Michael *** - unless it’s a two up sprint with Porte he won’t win, but will be there at the death
COSTA Rui **- can win a worlds on a hard course. I’ve seen his name in results, suspect he has form the old dog.
BENNETT George * - I reckon he might be ****ed from the tour
KUSS Sepp *** - Seppo dark horse
POWLESS Neilson ** - other Seppo dark horse
NIBALI Vincenzo ***- form a bit unknown, but probably good. Italy will jizz if he wins. What is the Italian word for *******? I think it’s il *******.
PIDCOCK Tom * - kid is a gun, but think he is a year or two off this level.