The Thread about Nothing....

When viewing the route you would think Flèche Wallonne looks like it should be one of the best races of the season.

In reality it’s always a bit ****. It has been **** for a very long time. Since the mid 90s.

18 Aussies in the Giro. 11% of the field. Suspect it is the highest number of Australians ever in a grand tour.

What a brutal course.

Well, without the three wunderkinders, it looks like a race between the 'oldies'. The shortest odds are on Geriant Thomas, Simon Yates, Jakob Fuglsang and Steven Kruijswijk. I couldn't pick between them, but I'd like to see Geraint as the winner.

The sprinting should be good with Bling and Sagan. I think Sagan might be riding angry after the Tour so he's my pick.

Hey - re Stage 1 - how unusual is it to have a downhill TT? That looks unorthodox to me. Good way to warm up I suppose.

I like these guys. Go to 7:00 to check out Stage 20. Hideous.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They had one in the 87 Giro. Down the Poggio. Crazy. Roche won. He used a normal road bike with spoked wheels because it’s a bit bumpy and he was worried about using a disc. Roche could be very conservative with equipment selection and have it pay off. He did the same in the 75km TT in the 85 Tour. Used a road bike with Roval wheels (probably the first pre built lightweight minimal spoke wheel) instead of a TT bike with a disc. He got second, Hinault smashed them on a TT bike (he probably would have won on a postie bike), but Roche beat everyone else who had gone all in on their equipment.

There is a video of the Giro TT in the link

http://www.thebikecomesfirst.com/st...cent-time-trial-of-the-87-giro-ditalia-video/

Reactions: bbp and paulambry
Apparently Sizzler is closing down its remaining Australian biological warfare production facilities, I mean restaurants.

I can actually remember the last time I went to a Sizzler. It was October 1993.

Reactions: bbp
Apparently Sizzler is closing down its remaining Australian biological warfare production facilities, I mean restaurants.

I can actually remember the last time I went to a Sizzler. It was October 1993.
I have never been to a Sizzler. Have I missed anything besides massive food poisoning?

I have never been to a Sizzler. Have I missed anything besides massive food poisoning?
I distinctly remember asking for a rare steak. It came out with a little sign stuck in the meat saying 'rare'.

It was cooked well done.

Reactions: bbp
I distinctly remember asking for a rare steak. It came out with a little sign stuck in the meat saying 'rare'.

It was cooked well done.
You have my sympathies. It is a truly tragic thing when a so-called steak house cannot cook steak.

Which reminds me ..... what ever happened to Black Stump restaurants?