The Thread about Nothing....

I managed to get a local bloke and his missus to drop off a Cycleops exercise thingimajiggy. Oh and that's my first home delivered T-Bone on my 4 burner selfassembled patio heater too.
IMG_4053 (2).JPG
1st day at work online from quarantine was grouse btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: roshea
****ing kids at work today. I found out what is wrong with them.

They haven’t seen Caddyshack. One hadn’t even bloody HEARD of it. Jesus H Christ. What the **** do they teach kids at school these days? How are you supposed to present as worldly, knowledgeable and cultured if you haven’t seen Caddyshack? It’s one of the friggin pinnacles of western culture. It goes Mona Lisa, the works of Shakespeare, The Sistine Chapel, Led Zeppelin IV, Predator, Caddyshack.

**** me. I give up. The human race is ****ed.

I just dropped my phone over the balcony, but fortunately it landed in the awning of the downstairs unit. I did some dangerous free climbing to recover it, but none of the neighbours will touch the bits of their outdoor areas I just did.
A few kiddies were walking by, and said what's that **** doing?
I'm just grabbing my phone.

That's not entirely true. My previous next door door neighbour of nearly 18 years has been one of my avid rental references, and she's exHobart, but she's also very tolerant. Not sure now that my new real estate agent lives directly below me, and the older Greek couple who own the building also live in it somewhere downstairs. We shall see. Maybe they've got good musical taste, and the floors are hopefully thick. Although if I can hear them cleaning during the day they can probably hear me after midnight.

FFS. I got an email and text from the Tasmanian Deputy State Controller with a Police badge last night which said I was free to leave quarantine at 0001 this morning, based on my previous home address now being declared low risk, but then I clicked their links and realised that even though my trips to the tip and storage were still fine, I'd dropped the trailer I'd been loaned to move with back to it's owner in Petersham, and had lunch with him in the Inner West Council area of Sydney on my way out of town; and despite them not having a Covid case nor a venue of risk in their LCA for months they somehow remain Medium Risk according to Tasmania. I will admit I ummed and ahhed overnight, but rang Tas Health this morning to 'fess up and ask for clarification and sadly I'm still another 8 days from freedom. An expensive lunch admission.
But some pride knowing I'm a very good boy indeed.

Last edited:
profile_mask2.png

Steve Foster
6:06 PM (1 hour ago)

to Essential
cleardot.gif

I do believe that my recent experience relocating from NSW to Tas, including dealing with Vic Police, OMG, combined with my lack of desire to be Patient Zero in Tas, puts me in a unique position where I could be of service to encourage a nationwide policy where all information is shared between states. Perhaps we could put such a scheme to Scotty from marketing? Feel free to call me as your first witness.

Steve Foster
The Funky Plumber