The Thread about Nothing....

DPF x 2

Milford Graves and Chick Corea both carked it this week.

That’s 60 missed deadpool points TANners

So I've realised there is no live music scene in Hobart. There is such in Launceston but that's a couple of hours away.
I did have a good old drunken play of my sax tonight at home, and then wandered up to the local to get a takeaway bottle of red, only to realise that the pub was packed on a Monday, for Trivia night.
I can work with that.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/crS5ti-Py7Q

Reactions: EoinC2
I was telling Beebers last night that I read "One Crowded Hour" when it first came out, which is so long ago that I have forgotten most of it.
Same same here. I reckoned I must have read it thirty years ago... bit frightening being able to say that.

I'm enjoying it again right now. This time as an audio book. It's ready mostly by Tim Bowden. He's got a lovely speaking voice and it's always great when the author is the narrator. (Well, mostly).

It's even better than how I remembered it. A ripping yarn.

Reactions: EoinC2
So called “puppy paws” forearms on the tops ban. Good. About ****ing time. I cringe when I see it, especially in the last three kms with the lead out trains. This bs about the pros being phenomenal bike handlers is a furphy. Nobody can steer properly with their forearms. They are called handlebars for a reason. Plus you didn’t see Merckx, Moser, Fignon or Hinault poncing about resting their forearms on the bars. ****s with nicknames like the cannibal, the sherriff, the professor or the badger don’t do puppy paws. ....

I can never relax when I see that. One decent bump or hole in the road and you're kissing the bitumen.

I think over the years bars have gone wider and wider because that's nice for sprinting; but the wider the bars the less aero they are. So I guess a safer alternative to puppy paws is to go skinny and use the drops.

Looks like we'll be in for more typical warny weather for the rescheduled race on May 1st. :cool:

Dead pool success

D6BE291C-BDA6-4948-BB13-0EA4EEE8C8E1.jpeg

Reactions: steve
Reactions: classic1
Reactions: classic1
Good point roshea. I'll do that.

I was thinking we should have had a 5pt bonus if the dead person was a ****ing evil ********. Limbaugh qualifies easily. Too late for this year's dead pool.

We are on fire! Much like Limaugh will be in a couple of days if they cremate him

Reactions: paulambry
Good point roshea. I'll do that.

I was thinking we should have had a 5pt bonus if the dead person was a ****ing evil ********. Limbaugh qualifies easily. Too late for this year's dead pool.

We are on fire! Much like Limaugh will be in a couple of days if they cremate him
Oh yes please. Perhaps after a death the winner could ask for a first and second nominee to support their DeadCnut claim, for double points, to be fair.

A lovely tribute to a man I killed off last year. (I feel bad.)
Yeah, you may or may not have noticed but I won the first Deadpool with Steve Jobs, and I was traumatised by my success, and never picked again. I was a shoein for Jack Brabham a few years back, but I couldn't do it.
In the years since I have realised it's beholden on he/her/it to man/wo(**** it) up and get in the game, because even the lentil eaters want us dead before their beloved greyhound they've never been capable of toilet training.
I have had a few chats with owners and tenants of the neighbouring properties here where I live this week. Many chuckles. And oh **** doesn't this old Greek **** deserve a comeuppance. My instincts were perfect. I have staunch defenders willing to offer video evidence. ****ing funny.

Also, Jobs was a ****. His nickname was ‘Head’ at school, because of his ****ishness

classic1 rates the dead pool celebs because there’s **** all on tv.

Rush Limburgh - ****ing dead ******** 5 pts
Rupert Murdoch - ****ing ******** among arseholes 5pts easily
Barbara Walters - too much Vaseline on the camera lens
Bam Margera - ********
Leon Spinks - good dead bloke
Shannen Doherty -moll
6ix9ine - ****** ********. Possibly 5pts
Shane Macgowan - dentally challenged ********
Phil the Greek - Greek ********. Possibly worth 5 pts
Betty White - top bloke
Harry Belafonte - top banana boat bloke
Jimmy Carter - top bloke