The Thread about Nothing....

Am I a reasonable ****?

Hi Joe, hope you're well.

To be frank, it seems to me that the actual conversation and phone call era for dealing with my landlord and yourself is over. It's time to put it all in writing.

I am thankful that I finally had a working washing machine and dryer, as advertised, in my fifth week of tenancy.
I am not thankful that it took more than four weeks to get such, nor that daring to ask for such has created such animosity and insults from my landlord, and such disdain from yourself too.
Just to recap previous interactions and phone discussions, I simply said to Con Margaritis at 7.35am 12/02/2021 in the car park of 163 Sandy Bay Rd that I was not happy with the state in which he left the fire stairs and the entrance to, and interior of my apartment; blocked and full of uninstalled new and dead appliances and spread out packaging and detritus in his very slow replacement of known faulty appliances. At which Con became abusive and insulting in an unreasonable manner, repeatedly calling me an idiot. I refused to respond in kind, despite my frustration, and simply went to work whilst he continued to insult me, whilst imploring him to go look for himself. Upon my return in the afternoon I was glad to see my access to my apartment was now uncluttered, despite the appliances not having been installed/removed yet, but I again encountered Con who was again aggressively unreasonable, and now insisting I was a liar for God knows what reason, at which point I said I would not speak to him further, but rather with you, the real estate agent I signed the lease with. You also failed to engender any trust, nor accept your responsibilities as a property manager in our phone call at 5.55pm 12/02/2021, and you have also since failed to visit to conduct/receive the Condition Report this last week as verbally agreed in that phone call.

Since that day, now a further week and a half ago, and no action on your or Con's behalf; I will admit I do prefer Con's, and your own, current petulant silent treatment to his previous abusive manner, details pertaining to which I have kept a photo and diary record of from day one of my tenancy; but to be honest, I would simply prefer, and expect, actual solutions now. Hence my choice of a proper written record.
Not to mention that my current experience of you both can't hold a candle to the way decent human beings would deal with a tenant.

Now, there obviously remain previously explained unresolved issues. As detailed below.
Firstly I didn't have a working washer and dryer for more than five weeks, and I did not expect to now have a dryer cluttering a small balcony rather than in the laundry as advertised. As I've said to you since Con's insults, that now deserves a renegotiation of the agreed rents paid.
Secondly there are still multiple loose tiles and much grout missing in the shower as previously reported. I'll put them in the bin soon if you won't them to glue them down.
Thirdly, the toilet half flush is defective, such that the toilet continually flushes at full tilt unless I turn it off, as previously explained.
I have dealt with the general mould issues already.
Fourthly, the old dead bbq on my balcony needs to be removed, rather than simply being rewrapped in yet more plastic by Con on unapproved and uninvited occasions, as,
Fifthly, does the dead washing machine/dryer which unnecessarily remains at my front door.
Sixthly, this one's new, upon using the air conditioner last week, I have found that it spews copious amounts of water onto my belongings and indeed Con's leather couch, which will cause water damage. It should have a drain connected. It may or may not have such, if it does it is blocked and requires repair.

I now realise from your own communication to me since our last discussion of such matters that you are supposedly merely a Letting Agent rather than an actual Real Estate agent, despite you and I signing a lease, but perhaps you know some real Real Estate agents? I would encourage you to chat to them, such which will perhaps help you understand that real Real Estate agents and indeed Landlords and even Letting Agents have lawful obligations and should not only remain civil whilst attending to such disclosed issues promptly, but should also advise lawful tenants when such landlords and/or tradesmen will be entering the lawfully leased premises, beforehand? It'd be a shame to stab my next unannounced home invader only to find it was my landlord's son, yet again unannounced.

Hoping this message finds you well, and I'm looking forward to your prompt response, so as to avoid these well documented matters being referred to both CBOS and the Tenant's Union.

Regards, Steve.

Am I a reasonable ****?

Hi Joe, hope you're well.

To be frank, it seems to me that the actual conversation and phone call era for dealing with my landlord and yourself is over. It's time to put it all in writing.

I am thankful that I finally had a working washing machine and dryer, as advertised, in my fifth week of tenancy.
I am not thankful that it took more than four weeks to get such, nor that daring to ask for such has created such animosity and insults from my landlord, and such disdain from yourself too.
Just to recap previous interactions and phone discussions, I simply said to Con Margaritis at 7.35am 12/02/2021 in the car park of 163 Sandy Bay Rd that I was not happy with the state in which he left the fire stairs and the entrance to, and interior of my apartment; blocked and full of uninstalled new and dead appliances and spread out packaging and detritus in his very slow replacement of known faulty appliances. At which Con became abusive and insulting in an unreasonable manner, repeatedly calling me an idiot. I refused to respond in kind, despite my frustration, and simply went to work whilst he continued to insult me, whilst imploring him to go look for himself. Upon my return in the afternoon I was glad to see my access to my apartment was now uncluttered, despite the appliances not having been installed/removed yet, but I again encountered Con who was again aggressively unreasonable, and now insisting I was a liar for God knows what reason, at which point I said I would not speak to him further, but rather with you, the real estate agent I signed the lease with. You also failed to engender any trust, nor accept your responsibilities as a property manager in our phone call at 5.55pm 12/02/2021, and you have also since failed to visit to conduct/receive the Condition Report this last week as verbally agreed in that phone call.

Since that day, now a further week and a half ago, and no action on your or Con's behalf; I will admit I do prefer Con's, and your own, current petulant silent treatment to his previous abusive manner, details pertaining to which I have kept a photo and diary record of from day one of my tenancy; but to be honest, I would simply prefer, and expect, actual solutions now. Hence my choice of a proper written record.
Not to mention that my current experience of you both can't hold a candle to the way decent human beings would deal with a tenant.

Now, there obviously remain previously explained unresolved issues. As detailed below.
Firstly I didn't have a working washer and dryer for more than five weeks, and I did not expect to now have a dryer cluttering a small balcony rather than in the laundry as advertised. As I've said to you since Con's insults, that now deserves a renegotiation of the agreed rents paid.
Secondly there are still multiple loose tiles and much grout missing in the shower as previously reported. I'll put them in the bin soon if you won't them to glue them down.
Thirdly, the toilet half flush is defective, such that the toilet continually flushes at full tilt unless I turn it off, as previously explained.
I have dealt with the general mould issues already.
Fourthly, the old dead bbq on my balcony needs to be removed, rather than simply being rewrapped in yet more plastic by Con on unapproved and uninvited occasions, as,
Fifthly, does the dead washing machine/dryer which unnecessarily remains at my front door.
Sixthly, this one's new, upon using the air conditioner last week, I have found that it spews copious amounts of water onto my belongings and indeed Con's leather couch, which will cause water damage. It should have a drain connected. It may or may not have such, if it does it is blocked and requires repair.

I now realise from your own communication to me since our last discussion of such matters that you are supposedly merely a Letting Agent rather than an actual Real Estate agent, despite you and I signing a lease, but perhaps you know some real Real Estate agents? I would encourage you to chat to them, such which will perhaps help you understand that real Real Estate agents and indeed Landlords and even Letting Agents have lawful obligations and should not only remain civil whilst attending to such disclosed issues promptly, but should also advise lawful tenants when such landlords and/or tradesmen will be entering the lawfully leased premises, beforehand? It'd be a shame to stab my next unannounced home invader only to find it was my landlord's son, yet again unannounced.

Hoping this message finds you well, and I'm looking forward to your prompt response, so as to avoid these well documented matters being referred to both CBOS and the Tenant's Union.

Regards, Steve.

tl:dr

Regards

Joe

Reactions: paulambry and bbp
Sooo ..... how is Ritchie Porte's time trialling? Reckon he can squeak into a podium position?
That's what I thought about Greipel. Great Tour. Last week in particular. They said it was unwise.
I'm glad Richie will get the photo he wanted on his wall. Face masks and all.
What a year. i am never forget this year

My first house guests tonight. A couple of trash bags from Sydney. But we've had fun.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/dt9GBafFzjE

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/8AHCfZTRGiI

Reactions: EoinC2
Good to see you thriving in your new Southern life, Beepers.
Cheer Eoin. It's feeling like a pretty good choice right now. And don't forget the invite to come visit and get the spare bedroom for a few nights for free is real. It'd be lovely to meet ya.
I've just booked my first optional week off besides the compulsory ones, 4 at Christmas and one at Easter, but I've got another 6 weeks to book, and it's use it or lose it, so I added another week after the Easter week off today, only 5 more weeks to figure out how to use now before December ;) so yeah book a visit and a camping trip or whatever.
It'll be interesting to see who my first overnight house guest will be. Will it be a local lady or a mainland mate? Or even Matagi and Phil on a weekend jaunt? This is suddenly starting to sound a bit wrong. Eh. It was nice having a couple of friends here to use as wingmen/women to meet some of the local ladies this weekend. There was some gentle groundwork done. Although poor Brian had to put up with a lot of local blokes getting a bit overexcited by an in form Kali.
Ah, fun and games. Who'd be a wowser?

Cheers to you, too, Beepers. I suspect it will be a long time before I get back to Oz. I came over here to Congo for a month back in October, and I’m meant to go to Côte d’Ivoire for another ‘month’ when I get finished here. Since I was meant to pay my electrickery bill in KL back in December, I’m guessing any food I left in the fridge may be well-matured by the time I get back.
All’s good, though. I’ve been teaching myself Te Reo Māori while I’m over here - Never know when it might come in handy...

Cheers to you, too, Beepers. I suspect it will be a long time before I get back to Oz. I came over here to Congo for a month back in October, and I’m meant to go to Côte d’Ivoire for another ‘month’ when I get finished here. Since I was meant to pay my electrickery bill in KL back in December, I’m guessing any food I left in the fridge may be well-matured by the time I get back.
All’s good, though. I’ve been teaching myself Te Reo Māori while I’m over here - Never know when it might come in handy...
Fine. So I'll get a passport and visit you in the Cote D'Ivoire. Sounds fancy. I've not been there yet, but I'm looking forward to hanging out with tax exiles and F1 folk. And you.