The Thread about Nothing....

mrkott3r said:
Welcom citizens of the USofA.

Im glad Lotek made the switch, now we just need to grab Brian.

....I was kinda hoping Koffee would jump over too.:D

lotek said:
I moved that particular thread to trash, and posted a sticky with a bit
of a warning. To be honest I'm getting sick of some of the stuff that I'm
seeing going on there. Basically I told folks play nice or I'll invite them
to a vacation from BF.
Yah a bit harsh for me (I usually only ban spammers unless someone
is totally out of line), but I'm fed up with it. Hell I'd close down the entire
TdF subforum except I know it would just spill over somewhere else.

marty
Just keep the posts contained to the TdF subforum and let 'em wail and gnash their teeth and discuss conspiracy theories. It will pass eventually, although probably not soon enough for some. Shall I do as I threatened and post the synthetic pathway for steroid hormones? That'll have 'em heading for the exits.
biggrin.gif

I just got a PM from Brian, looks like the TAT is gonna get resurrected.

Should we return or stay in our new home?

mrkott3r said:
I just got a PM from Brian, looks like the TAT is gonna get resurrected.

Are they gunna beg us to go back?.....after all, we were the 'most viewed thread' on the whole forum (apart from 'what bike do you have')....maybe we should be asking for royalties from Koffee's boss?.....maybe we should demand an all incluisive apology from Koffee?....maybe we should demand Koffee submit to a 'booting' ( obligatory Simpson's reference).....maybe I should shut up!....( & go back to being face down on the bed with a hangover!)

blimey, you spend the weekend away from the computer cycling and helping your wife's best mate celebrate a birthday and bikeforums melts down.

I say stay here, the server at bikeforums is so underpowered anyway it's no fun to use when every third click tells you the server is too busy. If it's up to telling you it's busy surely it can still function?

Yesterday's ride was the coldest so far this year, -1C at 8am at the beach with a hell frost and black ice on one shady corner that had most of the bunch slowly drifting down the camber towards the ditch.

Moet et Chandon for aperitifs for the birthday dinner and a hell cajun fish and scallop main.

And today was the mid winter 70km fun ride, 36km average with four of us finishing 5 mins behind the leaders after getting dropped about 20km from the finish.

Hitchy said:
maybe we should be asking for royalties from Koffee's boss?.....maybe we should demand an all incluisive apology from Koffee?....maybe we should demand Koffee submit to a 'booting'
Yep, Buckley's of it happening though. :D

Hitchy said:
Are they gunna beg us to go back?.....after all, we were the 'most viewed thread' on the whole forum (apart from 'what bike do you have')....maybe we should be asking for royalties from Koffee's boss?.....maybe we should demand an all incluisive apology from Koffee?....maybe we should demand Koffee submit to a 'booting' ( obligatory Simpson's reference).....maybe I should shut up!....( & go back to being face down on the bed with a hangover!)

i really dont know except Brian did mention something about wanting his foot back? :confused: From a dark region? :confused: :D

62vette said:
Yesterday's ride was the coldest so far this year, -1C at 8am at the beach with a hell frost and black ice on one shady corner that had most of the bunch slowly drifting down the camber towards the ditch.

Moet et Chandon for aperitifs for the birthday dinner and a hell cajun fish and scallop main.

And today was the mid winter 70km fun ride, 36km average with four of us finishing 5 mins behind the leaders after getting dropped about 20km from the finish.
Sounds good except the -1 part. I see in your sig you are from the Bay of Plenty. I've always meant to ask where you live in NZ but can't get past the sheep jokes.:D

classic1 said:
Sounds good except the -1 part. I see in your sig you are from the Bay of Plenty. I've always meant to ask where you live in NZ but can't get past the sheep jokes.:D
http://www.bayofplentynz.com/

Tauranga is 200km southeast of Auckland, population 100,000 or thereabouts, and about 50km from Rotorua. Tauranga and Rotorua (Roto Vegas) are probably NZ's top tourist destinations by visitor numbers.

I am well used to the sheep jokes, my nickname (well one of them anyway) when I worked in Sydney was Sheep, and I was shown no mercy by my dingo scraping mates.

mrkott3r said:
this forum is run by Aussies, so maybe we should hang here and boost the ratings, and therefore their ad revenue

531Aussie said:
this forum is run by Aussies, so maybe we should hang here and boost the ratings, and therefore their ad revenue

You getting a cut???.........hah, wouldn't that be funny, given TAT's popularity at the other place, they musta been scoring a fair bit of add revenue just from the 'hits' we used to draw by seppo's looking to see what **** we were on about, if it impacted on their revenue....& koffee got kicked in the **** for 'nuking' us.....

Hitchy said:
You getting a cut???.........hah, wouldn't that be funny, given TAT's popularity at the other place, they musta been scoring a fair bit of add revenue just from the 'hits' we used to draw by seppo's looking to see what **** we were on about, if it impacted on their revenue....& koffee got kicked in the **** for 'nuking' us.....
...now that would be a laugh :D :D

Hitchy said:
.....maybe we should demand an all incluisive apology from Koffee?....
At the very least, and with a bloody big cherry on top... ya can't expect to treat people the way she did and expect it all to just blow over like nothing happened.
Pucker up KB!!

matagi said:
Well you could always cause all sorts of nasty troubles for one silly woman. Mind you, if BF keep her on I reckon that's just collateral damage, ya know?
wink.gif

The temptation to nuke the site is hard to resist, but then that would be reducing oneself to the same level of petty vindictiveness.
yes i dont generally subscribe to the same mindblowingly intelligent foreign policy as the US or their baby brother Israel...id rather take the time to listen to the other side of the fence and maintain my own ethical integrity. koffee knows she has been a silly little girl and the best way to deal with silly little girls is to ignore them.

anyway im sort of liking this new home...seems nice enough...although perhaps we as a collective group have outgrown bikeforums.net and the like...would be nice to think we could all chip in and develop our own forum reality - god knows there is enough quality open source code out there!!!

531Aussie said:
it was 15 degrees when I left home, so I was decked out in full summer gear!! :p
yeah i did the same the other week when i rode down to phillip island and back...it was hilarious to see some of the faces of the drivers as they went past me in the other direction...i know they were enjoying seeing me suffer!!!! it was one of those experiences where you either laugh or cry lol
biggrin.gif
i now dont go on bike rides over 150km unless i am guaranteed of no hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive heard the pros ride in snow even? is that true?

I'd like to move that we move on from the Koffee Brown Affair and get on with life. In case you hadn't noticed we're all running out of nice sunny days to ride - one day at a time! :D

I'd like to know how Dale and Lawrence went today Climbo. Did they reveal the extent of their newfound superpowers?

My eldest had her first go at crit racing today on her shiny new midget roadie. Already she's gone OCP on me with lines like "Dad, can you take the bell and reflectors off please?" :D Once she got her bike handling confidence up she rode a great race. Same for another young lad riding a roadie for the first time. Was brilliant to watch, and loads of fun for all. Post race interview: "So do you like that style of racing?" "Nope." :) You've gotta love their honesty.

existence said:

anyway im sort of liking this new home...seems nice enough...

I like my new room in this 'house' better too....although theres not quite the passing parade of Seppo's to 'get up', as at the other place....but my new room has a window & I don't have my own personal 'mod' standing behind me waiting to smack me 'round the head everytime I even 'think' about posting something that aint exactly PC......531's room is just down the hall, if I listen at his keyhole all I can hear is someone mumblin'...."I am NOT in captain Spalding"..."I am not in Captain Spalding" incessantly.....Tigers is next door...theres a sign on the door that says 'Quiet, evil genius at work'....& I can hear a maniacal BBBWWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH coming from within.....Ed's room's empty, I don't think he's moved in yet.....There's bagpipes playing in one of the rooms, further down the hall....some awesome cooking smells coming from another, some bloke down there calling his thongs 'Jandals', ....I haven't been any further down the hall....anyone else explored any further?.....:D

no Dale, Lawrence was strong but A grade didn't place, they split and splintered and a few dropped out, B grade took it all.

I kinda like this new home too, screw bikeforums and the revenue they just lost from all our posting !

And belated congrats to NZ on the rugby, great game, we blew 2 tries at the end which really sucked eggs - I was livid for a while !!!!!!