The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

97 is a great innings. I can't believe it was as long ago as 2001 when he retired. His enthusiasm was infectious and his malapropisms hilarious, but he was knowledgeable and loved his subject. Best thing about him, I've never heard him say a bad word about anyone, or anyone say a bad word about him personally. He was always likeable in interviews. What you saw was what he was.

EoinC2 and paulambry like this.

2. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

NIce postage peeps.
    And some less selfserving youtubes from me.

View: https://youtu.be/ISell98Jv9w

How good does that sound? And how amazing does that prototype look at 6.15? They're not gullwing doors, they're roof windows. And can't you see the Porsche influence in that?

View: https://youtu.be/-pvXKU2c62A

Another role model quality tradesman.

3. VadarStrikesBack

VadarStrikesBack Well-Known Member

Good summary and spot on observation.

What I was torn about was that I found I actually really enjoyed watching it primarily because some time has passed and I was fascinated to see who has grown from the experience and where are things at now in terms of mentality, relationships and current future prospects. I enjoyed the fact that they interviewed a wide array of relevant characters.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the fact that this was a great opportunity for Armstrong to showcase his blossoming maturity and ability to self reflect and he literally could not even keep it all together for a few hours without descending into being king-cnuty. It was enjoyable to see him unable to figure out why people hate him even now.

At the end of the day he is just a guy who is trapped in a juvenile state of mind primarily due to the fact that his father never loved him and deserted him.

paulambry likes this.
  4. classic1

You forgot the “and he wants to root his mum” bit

paulambry likes this.
  5. classic1

DPF

RIP Sabine Schmitz. Queen of the Nurburgring. Cancer is a bastard.

EoinC2 and Wilchemy like this.
  6. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

So. Sandy Bay. Conservative whiteys and an astoundingly present Asian community. I blame that on Tas Uni and the Chinese dollar. Quite a few local restaurants don't even have English on their signs. Anyway, I've been diligently popping down to the local yacht club for a few pints in the evening once a week, offered to pay to join as crew, yeah nah, we've nearly finished the racing season, maybe in spring?
    But this arvo, ding, the old salts finally engaged with the decently behaved longhaired bearded hippy, and a short one on one chat with an old bloke, and suddenly I was welcome to the long table.
    I may be welcome to the fellowship of Tassie Too.
    http://friendsoftassietoo.org/

7. classic1

DPF Yaphet Kotto.

Played Alonso Mosley in beepers favourite movie of all time.

Also Dr. Kananga in Live and Let Die and the token black bloke in Alien. I liked that dude, he was always good in movies and that Homicide Life On The Street show.

paulambry likes this.
  8. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

9. classic1

The inventor of predictive text passed away.

I’m glad the ducking can’t died

paulambry likes this.
  10. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Nicely articulated and well considered Vadar.

I think the most interesting character in the whole story is Floyd Landis. I'd love to see an exhaustive bio of his life.

11. paulambry

12. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    You're welcome too Vadar, but I imagine you're not a pisshead.
    So, free rent for a few nights and your shout for fancy dinners of your choice.
    Deal?

13. classic1

What sort of third world shithole doesn’t have two KFC’s? B54277E2-4478-4AFB-B2E5-CD963E45CEBE.jpeg

14. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

I actually did leave a voicemail on his pot dealing phone number this week too. I've always thought he was the most decent Postal delivery boy. He's hopefully aware he's welcome here too. If he rings back maybe we can have a men's retreat in the bush or something?

15. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

16. classic1

I just watched that clip of the Faces you posted beepers. Again. Fuck it’s good. Ronnies tone, the tempo changes, the organ, and Rods voice at its peak. Shit hot stuff.

bbp likes this.
  17. paulambry

You and Floyd can start SOFAH (Survivors Of Fundamentalism At Home).

I can feel a theme developing here.... a big sweat tent in the bush.... with the ritual SOFAH sofas around the central fire...

Or maybe just getting on the turps and taking turns in riding a postie bike through a bonefire to see how many times it takes before it actually catches fire. And then see if it'll start after it's been incinerated and you've hosed it off. (It will start - postie bikes are indestructible). And by then the whole pig will have been nicely roasted and you can propose toasts until the sun comes up...etc etc And then in the morning after the morning after you'll all wake up and voila! all healed and at peace with the world. A perfect therapy session.

bbp likes this.
  18. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

No love for the Bad Dads? I'll try again.

View: https://youtu.be/z9_zjhuudB8

They were awesome live. Bit of a long drive to Launny for rehearsals but. Eh I'll be up there in a few weeks again for work so we'll give it a go?

19. paulambry

Waddya reckon? I likey. Not that I'll ever own such a thing.

20. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Fuck I'm happy right now. I've just realised this is my first paid holiday for 21 years. Since I left fulltime employment and started a business. Those days are gone, and now your taxes are paying for me to do whatever the fuck I want for the next two weeks.
    Thankyou. Thankyou all. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Dirty's here from the 7th to the 12th too. Any suggestions as to what we should do? Cnut's ruled out camping already. Made me dirty to be fair.

Happy Dead Baby Jesus Weekend cunts.

#80040 bbp, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021