The Thread about Nothing....

Sparse TAN.
Alright, I'll get over my anxiety and post ****. Some nice music there.
The Great Waldo Pepper arrives with his new beau tomorrow, and we're going bush.
Screenshot (1).png

Should be interesting. At least we get a hut with fire. At 1000m altitude.
https://parks.tas.gov.au/explore-our-parks/mount-field-national-park/mount-field-government-huts
Depending on the weather, we might go for a walk. Should be some nice autumn colours about now.
http://thelongwaysbetter.blogspot.com/2018/04/tarn-shelf-circuit-mount-field-national.html
https://www.thelifeofpy.com/tarn-shelf-circuit

Last edited:
Reactions: EoinC2
DPF

Wilfried Peffgen

former world motor paced champion, six day rider (16 wins), Tour de France rider and German Road champion.

Think I have his autograph in a six day program. Probably his last year as a pro.

So Waldo and his partner arrived today, and I was curious about my describing his partner as a beau, so I googled beau and it said 'a boyfriend or male admirer' which makes that description of her incorrect. She is in fact a mother of six, the youngest of which is 15, and she's having her first holiday for a week away from her children, ever, and she is anxious. Awww.
It is my job to help her relax into her future over the next week, free of the anxiety of so many years of careful motherhood, and also to encourage her connection to weirdo Waldo, who I believe does have his heart in the right place.
Eh, they'll figure it out.

So that's different to Jono, who is coming down for winter solstice. His partner is his beau. He may have bought us all tickets to Dark ****.

Snow down to 1000m starting Friday. Pack your thermals beebers.
Starting tonight, surely? **** it's cold.
How on earth did these ****ers survive? And many others of the era? I have been reading a lot about early white cnuts in Tas. I guess it was literally life or death.
https://tasmaniastories.com/2018/01/26/escape-from-port-arthur-part-i/
Still better in many ways than being a black cnut in Tasmania. Less options seem to have been available.
I should stop reading about now, and just get out and enjoy. Like a sensitive new age cnut.

Last edited:
So if I think something is beau tiful it's a bit gay in Latin?
Ah, of course not because women can have straight beaus too.
I guess it's a bit sad that beau is so gender sensitive that the he/his/she/shims are gonna have to ban it.
Enjoy everything you find beautiful, dear friends, because it may be banned, by definition, all too soon.
Tiful will be completely out of context and will miss it's beau.

Last edited:
Well, Remco the wunderkind hasn't done anything spectacular yet, but he hasn't gone out the back either. And still a way to go yet. Should be interesting...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check out Terrance Laird (and the other runners in this race) in this vid. He's the fastest 100m runner in the world at the moment...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

... but he, and the others, look so different from the fast guys in the 80s, like Ben Johnson:

Ben-Johnson.png

The mice and rat plague up here in NSW is truly evil.

I caught 11 mice in my study the other night. The cats catch two or three every day inside the house (which they have generously gifted to My Bride and me a few times by placing them in our bed). And every day we find dead or dying rats and mice outside thanks to the 20 bait traps I've laid around the house and in the ceiling space. When I mowed the lawn on the weekend, there were mice darting everywhere out of the grass; same same every time I water the pot plants. We've stopped putting the kitchen scraps in the compost bin after a tribe of the buggers were having a permanent rave party there.... they'd made tunnels through the pile.

They make nests everywhere and chew through insulation, skirting boards and flywire screens. And cover everything in green poison-coloured pooh.

One of My Bride's colleagues has abandoned their farmhouse and moved into town.... the rats have completely polluted everything they own and even run across their faces at night, and nothing they do seems to have an effect.

God help the farmers... they must have lost tons of grain from their silos.

The State government is doing their best to help by providing rebates as well as free baits [see what I did there?]. It's also applying for an emergency exemption to import a banned toxin from India, which is purported to be four-times stronger than poisons currently available.

One sad side effect of the baiting going on now is the death of native rats, lizards and birds of prey. Sigh.... (I am glad to report that the ones I have killed - so far - are rattus rattus rather than bush rats.)

It’s been a while. I left Kuala Lumpur in October last year for a few weeks in Congo, and then another few weeks in Côte d’Ivoire. I’m now in Abidjan, with a few more weeks to go, before heading back to another 2 week quarantine in KL. Malaysia’s back in lockdown, so no rush to get back.
The good people of Côte d’Ivoire (+WHO, Gavi & Unicef) gave me my first dose of Astra Zeneca this week. Because I’ve grown a long white beard since I left, the whole of Abidjan thinks I’m Santa (Noël), and Santa’s now partially vaccinated.
Snow looks good, Beepers! Enjoy your expedition.

Reactions: paulambry
Chris Froome’s current playlist. **** me dead. This playlist belongs to an allegedly grown man. When Sophie Ellis Bextor is about the third best song in your playlist it is time to go reassess your life.

D8D3F706-2C7D-42CE-9947-E95BF1511DC7.png

According to a WordPress post...

"The video that claims to show an Ape firing a gun is in fact… Fake. The video looks real and seems very real, however, the video is fake and was created by 20th century fox studios as it says in the corner of the screen, however, why was this video made? The video was made as an advertising campaign for their upcoming film, at the time, Rise of the Planet of the Apes! This video wasn’t put in the news other than on Military Times, but they didn’t have a clue if it was fake or not. This video is hard to tell but it is fake!"