The Thread about Nothing....

I quite like the pink Lotus. And the matching Brynne? Whichever one was in pink.
But yes RIP Geoffry. You lived Large.

I also quite like this Wog vegetable garden cover.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...webs-blanket-gippsland-after-victorian-floods

I'm not sure I like this simple reality of a possible future.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...thium-mining-decarbonasation-salt-flats-chile
Eoin, you're a mining bloke. Enlighten me.

It’s a De Tomaso Pantera. That’s his first missus, Leanne. I think she was 12 at the time

That Guardian article on the spiders is retarded. **** they are geographically challenged. Traralgon is in the Latrobe Valley, part of WEST Gippsland.

It’s a De Tomaso Pantera.

A guy I shared a house with in California had one of the early US versions of them with the 351 Cleveland. He spent way more time underneath it than driving it, but it was a beast when it was running well.

Reactions: classic1
There’s a **** Guy Richie movie on TV called Rocknroller, “starring” Gerard “this is Sparta” “**** at body guarding the President” “does romcoms with that big chinned wog chick from friends” Butler.

Anyway, I’d take that Butler **** in a fight easy. I’d just get a big paper bag and chuck it over him. Let’s see ya act your way out of that paper bag ya ****.

Speaking of **** movie stuff, I have a vision for a scene in an action movie.

it’s kinda like the scene in Team America World Police where they completely trash Paris.

Set the scene in a famous museum, preferably the Louvre. Have a shoot out/battle. Trash all the famous works. Ace.

Reactions: paulambry
…I'm not sure I like this simple reality of a possible future.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...thium-mining-decarbonasation-salt-flats-chile
Eoin, you're a mining bloke. Enlighten me.
It is what it says on the label. A bit like when the Gubbermint decide to put a motorway through your house for the betterment of somebody else, except that many rare mineral resources seem to be located in regions where the people with the house don’t have a voice (eg Democratic Republic of Congo).
There is a new career path in Carbon accounting, as Carbon taxes and credits are now starting to bite, and are meant to be all inclusive (ie including the Carbon cost of extracting, manufacturing, installing, operating, maintaining, and decommissioning the offset. Unfortunately, none of that takes account of the poor bloke with the house, or his limited supply of water for his lamas and veggie patch.

Clearly you're ace at this, but how's the style though Eoin? Is it strictly no-nonsense-all-business, or have you injected a bit of funk into the action?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Unfortunately, I can’t match for style points, although may pick up bonus points for being naked.
I’m now out of quarantine, and have retired from my Ground Controller role, although I suspect it is like the Armed Forces, where I can be called back to active duty at any time, unless I can prove that I’m dead.

I returned to my apartment to be met at the door by the Leader of 10,000 cockroaches, who wanted to know WTF I thought I was doing trying to enter their squat. As I am a weirdo who tries not to intentionally kill beasties, I have spent some days coaching their departure with the use of an empty icecream container and a piece of card (in this case, half of a DHL document envelope - the yellow colour provides nice contrast). I have been reasonably successful, with the fridge now being largely under UN control, most cupboards being bare, general teleporting now down to dealing with individuals, and only the occasional surprise in a cup of coffee (as happened this morning).

I watched Tenent last week. The more of it I watched, the less of it I understood. But I enjoyed it.

Might have to watch it a few more times. I may try watching it backwards - it'll probably make perfect sense then.

Reactions: EoinC2
They have it at Sanity on Blueray for $10. I picked it up and put it back down. Might go get it in that recommendation if I can get up the street.

Anyone a fan of Nordic/Scandanavian Noir?

There's a decent series on Netflix:

Deadwind isn't bad; the first season that is (the second season is cut from the same pattern as season one; not quite as good).​

On SBS, there are stacks; here's a few I can point you to:

The Investigation - a story so weird it had to be based on real life - about the murder of a female journalist by the skipper of a private ('home' built) submarine; a cracker of a series with a slow-burning wick.

Wallender - there are two versions of this; in English starring Kenneth Branagh and the Swedish version - both shot in Sweden.

The Bridge - one of three (?) incarnations of this series (also adapted as The Tunnel).

The Lawyer - meh... watched the first episode; not up to the usual high standard.

Thin Ice - my Bride's pick; gunna start it tonight.​

It's on Netflix at the moment.
I can’t afford Netflix.

My sister has it. I watched Bright starring Will Smith. Was a bit ****. Should have been awesome. She also has Disney plus. I watched half the first season of the Mandalorian. That was good.

Here’s the plot of a Danish Noir comedy.

Aussie bloke gets a job working on a wind farm at Portland. Quits his current job, sells his house and goes to Denmark for 3 months for training, while his wife is left to pack, sort out all the loose ends and buys a new home for them in Portland.

One day the wife gets a phone call. After a few “hellos” she realises her husband has pocket dialled her. She can hear her husband speaking, plus other voices. She realises he is in a car travelling to work with his workmates, but something about the conversation makes her listen in. Her husband is bragging about the Danish poontang he porked the previous night.

Pocket dialled his wife. From 16,000km away. At the exact time he is discussing cheating on her. Think about that. This ****s name and the word “luck” should never be used in the same sentence unless the word “bad” is inserted somewhere. Also, the word “stupid” needs to be squeezed in, but I digress.

She hangs up, distraught. It plays in her mind but she eventually says to herself it was a one off and she won’t confront him about it.

Anyway, he comes home. Has a cold or mild flu and is a misery guts. Goes to her families Xmas family dinner, where he finds some time to sneak a text or two to the Great Dane. He’s a day or two off the ****ing plane, at her families house, and can’t leave it alone.

Because he is stupid and this is just before the Smartphone era, the mobile bill goes to his home address. His wife pays all the bills, and finds texts to a number in Denmark, including during the Xmas dinner at her parents house.

Anyway, she confronts him about it. Not the texts, but the pocket dial phone call. He does what most blokes would do. He lies. It was a one off. I’m sorry baby. I was missing you and lonely. Then she confronts him with the phone bill.....

Anyway, that’s the end of the marriage. She got half. Actually, a bit more than half because dumbarse put the new value on his boat and motorbike, not depreciated value. She also got almost half his superannuation after they did a split on the combined superannuation, but only after friends and family told her too as she believed him when he said she couldn’t touch it.

She moves on, finds another fella, has two lovely kids and a house in the hills with views and koalas. He went back to Europe for a few months for work stints in Spain and Denmark, hooked up with the Great Dane again and they ended up together, although I’ve heard she can’t cook, doesn’t clean, is an average root and has terrible personal hygiene. I believe hygiene as a word has Scandinavian roots, so it is entirely appropriate for this saga. Saga is another Scandinavian word. I’m on a roll. Roots is an Aussie word with a couple of meanings, as demonstrated in this paragraph. ****ing wordsmith, me.

Anyway, if you made this up no one would believe it. It’s all true though. The woman is my exes sister. I’m glad she is happy because she’s a good chick and never ever treated me any differently when I left my missus. In fact, just quietly I think she likes me more than she likes her sister.

The moral of this story is don’t root Danish chicks when you are already married, even if you are 16,000kms away. Or maybe it’s don’t have your mobile phone bill delivered by mail. I’m not sure. I don’t do morals as a general rule.

The end.

Last edited:
Another good article. I pre ordered this book ages ago, it may have even been last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...Hf6PcOtSExiXrC-RaqFdkX7sAmBYzQ6Gg7GhWFAJSgKOk

He mentioned Koichi Nakano in the article. Ten time world pro sprint champion and kierin star. In the 80s the highest paid pro cyclist on the planet wasn’t Hinault, Moser, Lemond, Anderson (who was rumoured to on even more $ at Panasonic than Lemond was at La Vie Claire), Delgado or even Roche after his triple crown. It was Nakano, and probably by a significant margin.

Roche was supposedly on around $700k a year at Fagor. Nakano was earning seven figures year in year out, and he LOST earning opportunities by riding the worlds.

It probably wasn’t until Lemond joined the Z team that Nakano would have relinquished his highest paid cyclist status.