The Thread about Nothing....

Imagine if we'd carried on like he has for decades. They throw us so far deep into the jail they'd have to pump in oxygen. I'm ****ing sick of seeing how rich ****s and politicians get away with **** and get odd scott free.

Reactions: paulambry
Imagine if we'd carried on like he has for decades. They throw us so far deep into the jail they'd have to pump in oxygen. I'm ****ing sick of seeing how rich ****s and politicians get away with **** and get odd scott free.

McAfee was and shall remain a legend. I have no problem that Iconoclasts toy with society. They are a necessary forcing function.

The game is the game - same as it ever was.

Just watched that Metallica doc circa 2003. **** me i'm blown away by their new age 'you are hurting my feelings deep inside' band ********. Therapist wearing yellow woolly jumpers and posting signs in the studio like 'Get in the ZONE'. Lame AF.

Seriously humanity went off a cliff around 1999 and has not recovered and the evidence is everywhere <<insert tin foil>>

I’ve never watched it. I’ve read reviews. Not for me.

If you want to watch a rock documentary that is **** funny, look out for DiG. It’s about the Dandy Warhols and The Brian Jonestown Massacre. Brian Newcombe, BJTM front man, is ****ing insane.

Reactions: VadarStrikesBack
You lot.

Do you have hills around your area that have names that aren’t proper gazetted geographical names? Nicknames all the bike riders use and even some locals, but you won’t find those names on a map? Like the 1 in 20.

We have ****** heaps around here.

• Chook hill. Best hill name ever. Better than Mur de whatever. All the locals call it that and know where it is, but it doesn’t appear as a name on a map. My understanding is local cyclists called it that first and it caught on. There’s a chicken farm at the top.
  • Mad Dog Hill. Near Mirboo North. Second best hill name ever. Named after the mad dogs that lived at a farm at the bottom, they’d attack if they saw you coming. The climb is way different now compared to the old days. It used to wind around the hill. Now there is a cutting straight through the hill And you don’t go right past the farm gate anymore. Not listed on any map, only cyclists know it by that name. Funnily enough, the farmer gave me a lift once after multiple punctures. His dogs were ****s though.
  • Cemetery Hill. One at Traralgon, one at Hazelwood. Usually “the cemetery hill”. Not official names. Yallourn cemetary is also on a hill, but that’s not called Cemetery hill. It’s haunted hills road.
  • Derhams hill. I doubt many people call it that anymore except old bike riders. You might find it on a really old map as there were houses there once, but they were pulled down I think in the 60s. Another climb that’s changed with a cutting being put it. The nearby Latrobe road hill was also changed heaps with a cutting. It used to step up in two steep pinches. Now it is one gradual drag.
  • Mountain Hut road. Goes from Driffield up towards Mirboo North. Never heard it called that except by cyclists. The Herald Sun Tour has been over it. Long drag, probably 5kms.
  • Long hill. Between Maryvale paper mill and Traralgon. Not listed on a map.
  • Rowleys hill. Out near Newry, runs back towards Lake Glenmaggie. The famous Rowley brother used to train there. I love that they are remembered by a climb. If anyone has been to Blores hill mt bike park, it’s not far from there. Not listed by that name on any map. BTW, dad, as a kid, knew Max Rowley and Max was old enough to have raced Opperman when he made a comeback. Apparently Opperman was every bit as strong as what you’ve read and more.
  • Slaughterhouse hill. Near Maffra. Not listed on a map.
  • Billy’s creek hill. That’s not the official name, but that’s what the riders call it. The other side is Morwell National Park hill. Again, that’s not the name of the road. The continuation of either is Jumbuck.
  • There’s a hill out near Narracan that was known as The Blowfly by bike riders. ****ed if I know how it got it’s name, I know where it is but never trained on it, it’s part dirt so never bothered.
  • Traf Hill. Back of Trafalgar, up to Thorpdale. Not an official name but most people will know what your talking about. There’s also a Yarragon hill, they used to have an annual TT up it.
  • Piedmont. The big steep hill that takes you from just before Noojee (Powelltown side) up to Neerim Junction. Piedmont is the locality at the bottom of the climb. I’ve only ever heard cyclist call it Piedmont. Blokes from Warragul cycling club call it something else now, it think the roads official name.
  • Mirboo, Loves Lane, Mardan, Jumbuck, Jeeralang, Boolarra South. Any local rider know exactly what you mean if you are talking climbs. Funnily enough, Mirboo is at the foot of the climb, Loves Lane is of course the road name, The others are the climb summits.
  • W station hill. Because it goes past Yalliourn W. Not an official name.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve and paulambry
  • The Wall - from Monbulk, up Olinda Monbulk rd to Olinda. (Hits 9.8% in some sections)
  • Reverse Walmer - near Kew Boulie - 'No Standing' sign on bend at the bottom of Hodgson Street, 8.5%
  • Terrys Avenue - runs off the roundabout in Belgrave; first 600m is 19% - deserves a better name
  • Mt Wallace - part of the Hell Of The West course at Balliang - exceeds 20% in places - it's a ******* and also deserves a decent epithet.

Reactions: classic1

Jeez, ya murder just one bloke and everyone's down on you.

I suspect the archetype of the sort of 'rich ****' you might have in mind are people like Jeffrey Epstein and his coterie, Ghislain Maxwell, along with the whole network of the Repulsive Rich like Punce Andrew, Clinton, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman etc etc

Just one set of exemplars; the loathsome list is long.

• The Wall - from Monbulk, up Olinda Monbulk rd to Olinda. (Hits 9.8% in some sections)
  • Reverse Walmer - near Kew Boulie - 'No Standing' sign on bend at the bottom of Hodgson Street, 8.5%
  • Terrys Avenue - runs off the roundabout in Belgrave; first 600m is 19% - deserves a better name
  • Mt Wallace - part of the Hell Of The West course at Balliang - exceeds 20% in places - it's a ******* and also deserves a decent epithet.
I think there was a women’s tour that went up Mt Wallace years ago, a national series race. They showed highlights on TV. If it is same climb, **** it looked hard. Open with no trees, windswept and super steep.

There’s a couple of climbs over 20% out the back of Churchill, but nearly all are dead ends, or have only been sealed or opened up in the last ten years and I’ve never ridden them. Churchill Heights is the only one I’ve ridden. Koala Drive at Jerralang Junction is incredible but I’ve never ridden it. It sucks in the car.

There’s a stupid steep one just before Warburton I’ve seen. You turn left over the Yarra a km or two before you get to Warburton. You just about need ropes and crampons to get up it.

That would be it. I drove up it years ago. Insane.

Looking at Google Maps, it reminded me I went and watched a crit in warburton years ago and got lumbered with corner steward duty. Up one side of the river. Over the bridge, down the other side. Over the next bridge. Can't be many crits where you cross a river twice each lap.

Just watched that Metallica doc circa 2003. **** me i'm blown away by their new age 'you are hurting my feelings deep inside' band ********. Therapist wearing yellow woolly jumpers and posting signs in the studio like 'Get in the ZONE'. Lame AF.

Seriously humanity went off a cliff around 1999 and has not recovered and the evidence is everywhere <<insert tin foil>>
Haha I’ve watched that doco. Massive wankers, all of them.
Saw Metallica play in Melbourne back in their heyday & they did an acoustic set in the middle of the show coz they had done it on MTV & thought they could pull it off anywhere & I reckon about 1/4 of the crowd walked out :D

Haha I’ve watched that doco. Massive wankers, all of them.
Saw Metallica play in Melbourne back in their heyday & they did an acoustic set in the middle of the show coz they had done it on MTV & thought they could pull it off anywhere & I reckon about 1/4 of the crowd walked out :D

LOLz. I mean they were ghey from the get go but dialled it to 11 for this doco.

And what an ace F1 season we're having as well Ma. A season worth watching every race. What on earth is happening with Ricciardo though? Struggling to the max.

Jeez you assume a bloke is innocent until proven guilty and the legal fraternity gets all down on you. I'm not shocked though.

He was pretty entertaining in the early days.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But crikey, when he went off, he went right off.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.