The Thread about Nothing....

I just had a thought. Churchill has some viable courses too. All the roads out the back of the uni and Glendonald are sealed now. Would look great on TV with the Strzelecki back drop

Reactions: steve
I tried to avoid the east side of coach road, too steep. Any decent under 800m long that you can hit 80kmh on is probably best avoided.
Avoided? More speed = more fun. Until you fall of and you crack the pelvis and figure you then just have a few years left to live... The joys of older age.

Nope. I was going to work a Seekers song reference into my response, but their massively **** and lame-o oeuvre was no help at all, plus I now have Morningtown Train and Day Trip to Bangor stuck in my head, even though the latter isn’t even the Seekers. **** you Judith Durham.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elmfnHHs8Yg

ParticipantPick 1Pick 2Pick 3Pick 4Points
classic1Marion "Surge" Knight - 19 Apr 65 *Henry Kissinger - 27 May 23 *Imelda Marco - 2 Jul 29 *Don King - 20 Aug 31 *
rosheaHarvey Weinstein - 19 Mar 52 *Allan Peiper - 26 Apr 60Neale Daniher - 15 Feb 61Tom Parker - 4 Aug 8870 points
paulambryJohn Cleese - 27 Oct 39Maggie Smith - 28 Dec 34Client Eastwood - 31 May 30Judi Dench - 9 Dec 34
WilchemyVanessa Redgrave - 30 Jan 37Robert Redford - 18 Aug 36Red Symons - 13 Jun 49Mikhail Gorbachev - 2 Mar 31
matagiHRH QE II - 21 April 1926Vladimir Putin - 7 October 1952*Keith Richards - 18 December 1943Rupert Murdoch - 11 March 1931*

* Will award 5 ******** bonus points

Have I missed anyone or any Dead Pool successes?
No one had Olivia either.

Here's another ridiculously unfair comparison, designed to help sell so-called aero frames. These things annoy me, because they trick newbies into thinking they need a $5,000 frame to keep up with their fat friends on their Beach Rd coffee shop rides. :p

As I wrote in the comments on the video, while the Ribble has got 'everything', the old Battaglin has a million spokes on the shallow front rim (probably round spokes), ancient, probably rock hard tyres, 3-foot wide bars that they rode with their elbows sticking out, and down-tube shifters!! How much drag and pedal-pushing oomph did it cost them each of the thousand times they reached down to change gears?!! Boo. I call shenanigans. That's right, big ishoos!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: steve
Here's another ridiculously unfair comparison, designed to help sell so-called aero frames. These things annoy me, because they trick newbies into thinking they need a $5,000 frame to keep up with their fat friends on their Beach Rd coffee shop rides. :p

As I wrote in the comments on the video, while the Ribble has got 'everything', the old Battaglin has a million spokes on the shallow front rim (probably round spokes), ancient, probably rock hard tyres, 3-foot wide bars that they rode with their elbows sticking out, and down-tube shifters!! How much drag and pedal-pushing oomph did it cost them each of the thousand times they reached down to change gears?!! Boo. I call shenanigans. That's right, big ishoos!! :D

I thought the idea in time trials in the 80’s was to put the bike in 53x12 just after you left the start line and leave it there…

• Haha
Reactions: steve and 531Aussie
FC0E2DEA-8054-4268-B7AA-983F505DE8DD.jpeg

Attachments

• 409D4CBC-DD22-424D-B68B-AF9B88E83759.jpeg
    409D4CBC-DD22-424D-B68B-AF9B88E83759.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: steve and 531Aussie
Yes. The best name ever.

When I saw Roche using those I wanted the Killing System back in 87 but sadly there was no UK distributor that carried FIR disk wheels (they could only get the normal rims) and to get one from Italy or the US was almost £3000. This was back when you could buy a new Honda Civic for £8995 or a house for £29995.

Just to make your blood boil for a little longer...

;)

Any of you gone the route of wider wheels and tubeless tyres?

Seems to be all the rage these days and I only know one lad that has some but he often buys new stuff because it's "new" and defends his purchase, saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, only to talk **** about it the second he buys something else.

I have no opinion on the wider rims, but hookless rims and tyres are a ****ing pain in the ****, as is sticking jism in your tyres. If you blow out a tyre with 70-80psi it’s like the worlds biggest *******. MTB tubeless makes sense to me, road no. They are ****s of things to pump up without a compressor or gas cartridge.

Speaking of not being highbrow.....classic1 rates the Predator movies.

Predator>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Predators >>> Predator 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> +eleventy thousand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AVP>>AVP Requiem.

Predator - Best. Movie. Ever. with about a hundred million great one-liners. And no way are muscly oiled up blokes ghey or anything.

Predators - Way violent. Spoilt by unlimited ammo and fat cnut Lawerence Fishbourne supposedly lasting ten years up against Predators while being a. morbidly obese and b. mental. Also spoilt by killing ace ugly Mexican bloke Danny Trejo way too early.

Predator 2 - would have been much better except for it having Danny Glover and a lame ar5e ending, even for a retarded science fiction movie. Redeemed by having much gun play and Gary Busey in it.

AVP - LOL at a chick matching it with Aliens and Predators. In Antartica. In an underground pyramid.

AVP Requiem - Needed more tits.
Important update.

Prey is very good and comes in at number 2.

The Predator is **** but entertaining and comes in just after the **** but entertaining Predator 2.

Oh my, does it get any better than beating Carlton by a point in the last round of the year to knock them out of finals, while at the same time securing the double chance?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The only way it could be topped is if was a grand final, and the winning score was a kick after the siren after a controversial free.

Mums uncle Des was mad Carlton. He passed away a few years ago. Used to come around to nan's and hang **** on me and my cousin when that **** mob beat the Pies. I was nearly gonna drive out to the cemetery last night, stand at his grave and go "haha"

• Haha
Reactions: paulambry and steve
It gets better. As a Man Utd fan since 74, beating Liverpool a few days ago and unleashing verbal filth with a ferocity that my kids had never heard while I was shouting at the TV with the intent to be heard 5500 miles away, was the best post Covid stress relief yet.

**** them scousers.

Reactions: classic1