The Thread about Nothing....

I was in the shed watching the Collingwood v scum game on tv. The whole neighbourhood would have heard me roaring and laughing the last 5 minutes. They pulled the win out of their arses.

Collingwood has had a wild season. They won 11 games straight by an average of 10.5 points. It’s insane. Normally a team finishing in the top 4 will have a for/against percentage of 120+. Collingwoods is terrible at 104. Every week they were finding a way to win, just. Even opposition supporters who hate Collingwood are into them this year, they are so entertaining to watch.

The Carlton game was gold, they are the old enemy, and we have scores to settle with those ****s. Plenty of punch ons in the crowd after the game by all accounts. The scums supporters would have been absolutely crushed after that loss. Devastated. On the cusp of finals after not having played them in 9 years, only to have it taken away right at the death. I’m still laughing.

It’s hard to explain how tribal the footy is in Melbourne and Victoria. Even people in NSW and Queensland don’t really understand it.

DPF Herman Van Springel. Lost a Tour de France in the final days TT to the great Jan Janssen by 38 seconds. Apparently it was the only time Janssen ever beat Van Springel in a TT.

Dad saw Van Springel race in a Kermesse in Belgium in his last year as a pro back in 1981. He turned up to races wearing a suit, including the day dad saw him. Different times…

Reactions: classic1
I’ve raced out that way, from the Dong (yeah, I work with a formal local) to Yackandandah.

Sounds hairy that decent. You know it retadedly steep when it even looks steep on the pics on google maps

I was thinking someone picked Gorby then got sidetracked and forgot to drop in here. Top work Wilchemy.

ParticipantPick 1Pick 2Pick 3Pick 4Points
classic1Marion "Surge" Knight - 19 Apr 65 *Henry Kissinger - 27 May 23 *Imelda Marco - 2 Jul 29 *Don King - 20 Aug 31 *
rosheaHarvey Weinstein - 19 Mar 52 *Allan Peiper - 26 Apr 60Neale Daniher - 15 Feb 61Tom Parker - 4 Aug 8870 points
paulambryJohn Cleese - 27 Oct 39Maggie Smith - 28 Dec 34Client Eastwood - 31 May 30Judi Dench - 9 Dec 34
WilchemyVanessa Redgrave - 30 Jan 37Robert Redford - 18 Aug 36Red Symons - 13 Jun 49Mikhail Gorbachev - 2 Mar 31
matagiHRH QE II - 21 April 1926Vladimir Putin - 7 October 1952*Keith Richards - 18 December 1943Rupert Murdoch - 11 March 1931*

* Will award 5 ******** bonus points

Have I missed anyone or any Dead Pool successes?
I can’t remember er the points system. Not sure Gorby is worth much because he’s old

Being out in the boonies, there are heaps of aggro Maggies around. I remember once riding to Inverloch and getting swooped by about 30 different Magpies. The only bit I didn't get swopped and got some respite was where I saw about a dozen of them attacking a wedge-tailed eagle out near Meeniyan. Then there were two in Yinnar whose territories abutted one another, so you copped the cnuts for about a kilometre.

Anyway, all the bike riders in the area know where the bad ones are. There was the one at Yallourn Nth, the one at the old gum tree at 5 ways (*******), the one at Thoms bridge (knocked a rider off a couple of years ago, before someone went and shot it), old 'Joe' at the top of the state forest near Mirboo Nth who used to swoop cars or attack you from front on until he got shot by the ranger years ago..... then there was this ****er that lived out near Rosedale on a 100km loop I used to train on.

This Magpie got me in the head 4 times in a row one day, drew blood, the works. I was swinging my pump, it didn't matter. I take this big swing...thump... knocked the ******* to the ground. First time I ever hit one full on, it was like when you hit the sweet spot on a cricket bat and belt the ball over the fence for six. He was flopping around totally ****ed. I was gonna go in for the kill, but thought, 'nah, the thing won't come back for seconds after being clobbered like that'. Three days later I am on the same road riding along in a bit of a daze as you do sometimes, when 'whack', he got me again, and again, and again. Except he had wised up the pump and had worked out how to dodge it. Didn't train out that way for two months until the roid rage wore off. I told this bloke 'Red' about it. Red simply would not believe how bad this Magpie was. 'Couldn't be as bad as the one at Yallourn Nth' he goes, so he heads out to Rosedale....... and copped it ahahahahaha. He didn't train out there for three months just to be sure.

Lama is posting videos of magpies attacking him and the footage is fantastic.

Its better than Top Gun Maverick and all the Battle of Britain footage I’ve ever seen combined.

Anyway, here’s a magpie story I wrote years ago. Not one word is a lie or even an exaggeration. That thing at Rosedale was the Terminator of Magpies.

• Haha
Reactions: steve
Tasmanian magpies don't swoop apparently. They do take out the power grid however.

Got **** raped by the umpires the whole first half. ****ing disgusting. Jumped on bigfooty at half time and even the neutrals were going off about it.

Geelongs backs, Rohan and Cameron were incredible in the end. Great game. Collingwood backs, Daicos brothers, Pendlebury, Sidebum and De Goey awesome for the pies. It could have gone either way..

Three incredible finals and one just finished that was close but a weird game. Amazing week of finals.

Apparently Taylor Adams has torn his groin off the bone. ****ing ouch.

Reactions: steve
Update. Speculation about the queens health, what Chuck and Bill are up to, and what Harry and his uppity missus are likely to do. Also the Queen is likely to get the best medical care. I'm shocked.

Update. Last year the Queen attended a gay pride rally, or something.with the archbishop of Canterbury. Not sure, but there's blokes in dresses.