The Thread about Nothing....

I had a nice quiet flat recovery ride this morning after getting chewed up and spat out the **** end of the Tuesday night "training" ride last night.

Tuesday's here in sheep shagger central are four groups, and I'll go in group 3 for an easy one, group 2 for a good hard ride and group 1 if I want some to do some serious hard work until I pop (I've managed to stay on once.)

Last night was group 2, bolstered by one A grader who was recovering from a stomach bug and another A grader that arrived late. I got dropped on a climb not long after we were doing 40kmh up a slight rise into a head wind about an hour into the ride. Thankfully I haven't used my HRM for a month as the transmitter needs a new battery and it just would have freaked me out anyway :p

Hills tomorrow in preparation for Northland in 6 weeks.

existence said:
Yeah I checked the start list for last year. I am a little confused. I actually know a couple of guys in that field (B grade) and they were never strong athletes growing up...I mean maybe things have changed but it was a suprise. So how hot was the pace in B grade last year? The A grade field looked quite handy lol...Regardless of where I belong I would probably do D grade, smoke some peace pipe with the masters and see if i can pick up a trick or too :)
THe standard for B was pretty low that race. The gap between A and B Grade at coleraine was HUGE. Generally you could expect B grade to be a little stronger than that at an open event.

Jono L said:
THe standard for B was pretty low that race. The gap between A and B Grade at coleraine was HUGE. Generally you could expect B grade to be a little stronger than that at an open event.
Yeah the A grade field had a few names in it...im sure it was just a nice training weekend for them but yeah impressive. B or C would be more fun as I think the D grade distance is only 60 odd clicks which is a bit minimal.

existence said:
....any other team that would get us boys a trip to another school to fight and check out if that school had better chicks than ours....
lol. **** that brings back some memories. :p Our high school and my year in particular had some dead set hoods and bogans in it. We lost some games but never lost the punch up. Even against the local tech schools. When I was in form 2 we used to get into blews with the form 4s and kick their arses, with a few hard nuts leading the way.

******* teachers were onto us with the footy matches though, they always played at a neutral ground away from the school so we couldn't pillage their women.:D

SYDNEY (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a Parramatta, NSW courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the Boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the English Cricket Team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

classic1 said:
lol. **** that brings back some memories. :p Our high school and my year in particular had some dead set hoods and bogans in it. We lost some games but never lost the punch up. Even against the local tech schools. When I was in form 2 we used to get into blews with the form 4s and kick their arses, with a few hard nuts leading the way.

******* teachers were onto us with the footy matches though, they always played at a neutral ground away from the school so we couldn't pillage their women.:D
MrM's brother played for the local footy team (Nunawading) when Mark Jackson played for Burwood, and he has some horror stories about fights when taking the field against Jacko - total carnage is probably an appropriate description. (according to MrM, the fact that MJ had sufficient brain activity to walk was a miracle and he made bogans look cultured and sophisticated by comparison)

existence said:
Anyone doing the Tour of the southern Grampians?? It looks like a fun event to test the water...goes right down to D grade (for hacks like me) and only 2 days (4 stage).

I'll be at the Tour De Grampians.....don't think for a minute that D grade will be easy, remember it's an 'open' event, so guys will be coming from everywhere to have a go. Last year they had heaps from adelaide as well as all the country & metro Vic clubs. The Parcours is a little easier this year, they've dropped a road stage & included an ITT instead. Well organised, fun race. Book accomodation ASAP if you're going, cos theres bugger all in Coleraine

Wattsy Rules said:
SO Hitchy, the first thing you have to do with Matagi is change her from riding at 75 rpm cadence to 85+...

75 RPM???...she must have quads like Hulk Hogan!

531Aussie said:
hey Melbrunians, the new Ride is on the stands

ooo baby

Got mine Tuesday...must say I've never been a fan of Ernesto's creations...but that 'Extreme Power' has me drooling...now I've just gotta convince Ebay to let me sell one of the kids & I'm on me way to raising the $14K :D

Hitchy said:
75 RPM???...she must have quads like Hulk Hogan!
No I don't!!!!

Sheesh!

And what's wrong with 75rpm anyway? It's a nice cruisey cadence.:p

So if I told you I rode up Tawonga Gap with a cadence of 60, you'd be even more horrified?

matagi said:
So if I told you I rode up Tawonga Gap with a cadence of 60, you'd be even more horrified?

....not if I was your orthopedic surgeon!!!!.....them's S & E cadence, you must be one strong woman...remind me not to let you get me in the 'figure 4 leglock', Hulk :D

Hitchy said:
....not if I was your orthopedic surgeon!!!!.....them's S & E cadence, you must be one strong woman...remind me not to let you get me in the 'figure 4 leglock', Hulk :D

Sounds like the cadence I was doing up Tawonga Gap the second time around...

I so suck at hills.

Hitchy said:
No, really, it felt fine - I won't tell you the gearing I was using (for fear of public ridicule) but is was pretty low. I'm actually very careful because I'm carrying an old skiing injury in my right knee.

As for the "figure 4 leglock" ...... you should be so lucky! :p

matagi said:
No, really, it felt fine - I won't tell you the gearing I was using (for fear of public ridicule) but is was pretty low. .

:p

Nothing surprises me anymore...saw a bloke going up Falls Creek on a Scooter on Saturday....as in, a person powered scooter!...insanity!...another bloke was pushing 53/11 up Tawonga....his problem was the 11 was on the front & the 53 was on the back!....120 cadence doing about 2kph!

parawolf said:
Sounds like the cadence I was doing up Tawonga Gap the second time around...

I so suck at hills.

Your coach obviously sucks...get rid of him! :D

Hitchy said:
I'll be at the Tour De Grampians.....don't think for a minute that D grade will be easy, remember it's an 'open' event, so guys will be coming from everywhere to have a go. Last year they had heaps from adelaide as well as all the country & metro Vic clubs. The Parcours is a little easier this year, they've dropped a road stage & included an ITT instead. Well organised, fun race. Book accomodation ASAP if you're going, cos theres bugger all in Coleraine
If only hitchy and myself posted on here for a full page it would be a beautiful thing :p

D grade.......cmonnnnnn.....with my eyes closed...surely???:p

Edit: It looks like M has some form of kinky man **** on her avatar...we should make it mandatory lol

Ha! The croc man (Adam Hansen) just posted on my blog - what a champion!! I hope he goes well in his early season races in California and Belgium :) Good on T-Mobile for giving him a chance!!

62vette said:
SYDNEY (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a Parramatta, NSW courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the Boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the English Cricket Team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
Good sledge...two birds with one stone ;) Diverting attention away from the cricket?? You realise beating England at cricket is about as rewarding as remembering to put your pants on the right way round...:p

climbo said:
each state website has their own race calendar.
cycling australia should have a list of national races, it also has links to every other state's website.
Thanks Climbo. Ive been looking around al the states websites and just putting together a list. If you know of any good road race days in your state let me know :) I figure its not a bad way to see a bit of the country!!