The Thread about Nothing....

existence said:
You realise beating England at cricket is about as rewarding as remembering to put your pants on the right way round...:p

Personally, I reckon getting me duds on the right way, is more difficult than beating the Poms....'specially when I'm ******!

Hitchy said:
Personally, I reckon getting me duds on the right way, is more difficult than beating the Poms....'specially when I'm ******!
*mumbles*.....great and everyone keeps telling me this guy is some super coach...and he is admitting to having troubles with life's basics...shittteeeeee
tongue.gif
But then maybe thats his thing...pants on straight hes a normal man...pants on backwards and he turns in the super coach...fine line between brilliance and stupidity or something like that...*mumbles*

Hitchy said:
Remember the golden rule Hitchy...yellow at the front, brown at the back.

Hitchy said:
I'll be at the Tour De Grampians.....don't think for a minute that D grade will be easy, remember it's an 'open' event, so guys will be coming from everywhere to have a go. Last year they had heaps from adelaide as well as all the country & metro Vic clubs. The Parcours is a little easier this year, they've dropped a road stage & included an ITT instead. Well organised, fun race. Book accomodation ASAP if you're going, cos theres bugger all in Coleraine
Ok well I have until April 2nd to sign on which gives me 8 weeks to see how I am feeling. I might not be ready or have a club by then!!! As for accommodation that wont be an issue will just ring up the local footy club - country footy clubs are salt of the earth - I will get a billet no dramas. I could even check out the second half of the local lads as the TT is only 3 km....

existence said:
Ok well I have until April 2nd to sign on which gives me 8 weeks to see how I am feeling. I might not be ready or have a club by then!!! As for accommodation that wont be an issue will just ring up the local footy club - country footy clubs are salt of the earth - I will get a billet no dramas. I could even check out the second half of the local lads as the TT is only 3 km....
Are you sure they'll billet a lycra wearing, bike rider poofta?? :D It is the country you know...

Wilchemy said:
Are you sure they'll billet a lycra wearing, bike rider poofta?? :D It is the country you know...
mehhh wont tell them that lol just that im down in the area looking a few of their young guys...which may well be the case. Most VFL clubs dont have resources to scout everywhere so if they know you and that you are out in the sticks they do back your judgement.

Noticed WW won the inaugral event...god he has gone places since then!!!

The inside goss on the Tour of Qatar from Greg Henderson - copied off the Cycling NZ forum.

hendy said:
just so u guys get a wee inside to the race over here.
first stage hard on anchors to dodge toms bouncing bike.it was seriously ww3 out there. i was a little scared to be honest.

2nd stage i fought hard and tried to forget crashing and had prime real estate. i had petacchis wheel for last 2k. stepped round him 400 to go with eisel. we finished 3rd...if i had stayed put on petacchi it looks bad if i dont win and finish 2nd or 3rd and eisel is 4th. yes a result for me but t mobile are not happy with there new kiwi sprinter.just so u guys can see how we are trying to race this race.

today...xwinds from kilometer zero. 22 went away in first kilometer.59k in the first hour. ouch!
everything for the win today...only saved eisel to sprint. first klier at 6k to go attacks to try isolate boonen. then knaven goes....then van bon....then i went at 2.5k to go.
everything for the win but still boonen had to many teammates to arrive fresh for the finish.
we have moved eisel to 3rd on gc. i was leading him out in the intermediates.
glad u guys are following with such interest.
tomorrow...more of the same depending on the wind.

interesting notes that are new to me...
sprinted at 72kph on first day...77kph on the 2nd day. crosswind today and we still hit 67kph.
still have not topped our 89kph in the 2nd last stage of the southland tour yet.

62vette said:
Blaha blah blah...After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the English Cricket Team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
****** myself...I thought it was real!:D

Hey Vette, I need some advice. I've been set to take out a lady tonight for a drink. Apparently she moved moved out from the Land of Sheep Shaggers about 2 years ago. Any advice for dating NZ women?

BTW, some stats: Apparently 35yo, 5ft 11" tall (4 ft of which are legs) blonde and either runs or rows 6 days a week and is described as 'HOT'.

Wattsy Rules said:
Hey Vette, I need some advice. I've been set to take out a lady tonight for a drink. Apparently she moved moved out from the Land of Sheep Shaggers about 2 years ago. Any advice for dating NZ women?
How would he know? He's from Kiwi Land. But if you need expert advice on ovine peculiarities....

jock.c said:
How would he know? He's from Kiwi Land. But if you need expert advice on ovine peculiarities....
Ah **** Jock, let me change that to: Hey Vette, if I were to date a kind of lovely looking tall sheep from NZ, what sort of Baaaaa should I take her to?:D

Wattsy Rules said:

BTW, some stats: Apparently 35yo, 5ft 11" tall (4 ft of which are legs) blonde and either runs or rows 6 days a week and is described as 'HOT'.
If you can't figure out what to do with one of our premium export products, send her back, she's too good for you :D

I have a general technical question about avatars.

I have a picture I want to use as my avatar but it's too big. How do you lot compress them so they'll fit.

Wattsy Rules said:
I have a general technical question about avatars.

I have a picture I want to use as my avatar but it's too big. How do you lot compress them so they'll fit.
Use photoshop or some other graphical editing program to shrink it.

62vette said:
If you can't figure out what to do with one of our premium export products, send her back, she's too good for you :D

Yeah, of course she's too good for me! Christ Granny May Clampet's too good for me. I just need to know what to do/say so I can do what all NORMAL men want to do with a leggy blonde before she works me out!:( :p

Back to the cycling.

Clinton Avery (the mad bugger that tried to bridge the mother of all gaps in the TDU) just won the NZ cross country national title.

Vanessa Quin (former world champ) had to pull out of the downhill after breaking her neck in a seeding run (C2 vertabrate -sp?) Walked 1km out from the crash to the medical tent where they promptly strapped her to a board.

I used "Paint" to shrink my avatar pic - and I'm useless at techo stuff, so it must be easy!

Any advice for dating NZ women?
Don't mention the cricket?;) Edit: And don't expect her to shout coz she's probably on the dole :D :p