The Thread about Nothing....

Wattsy Rules said:
Yeah, of course she's too good for me! Christ Granny May Clampet's too good for me. I just need to know what to do/say so I can do what all NORMAL men want to do with a leggy blonde before she works me out!:( :p
What would I know. It's been 10+ years since I took a woman out on a date and she's my missus now. And another 13 or 14 years before that. Of course I had to beat the ladies off with a shitty stick anyway, so technique was unimportant (NOT) :p

Ma will set you straight here, but I would think: flowers, restaurant, drinks, say she looks lovely and don't try to shag her in the car on the way home. Talk about your kids but don't say your ex is a hormonal ***** from hell.

62vette said:
What would I know. It's been 10+ years since I took a woman out on a date and she's my missus now. And another 13 or 14 years before that. Of course I had to beat the ladies off with a shitty stick anyway, so technique was unimportant (NOT) :p

Ma will set you straight here, but I would think: flowers, restaurant, drinks, say she looks lovely and don't try to shag her in the car on the way home. Talk about your kids but don't say your ex is a hormonal ***** from hell.
Hey since when did this go out of fashion lol....
tongue.gif

62vette said:
...Ma will set you straight here, but I would think: flowers, restaurant, drinks, say she looks lovely and don't try to shag her in the car on the way home. Talk about your kids but don't say your ex is a hormonal ***** from hell.
See, that's the gold I'm looking for...I was thinking of having a drink and going straight to the "so, do ya r**t?". Mate, Sheep Shaggers are so much more sophisticated!

Torpedo7 have Shimano HG-93 chains for $20 & Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX for $48 (up around the $100 mark elsewhere) for today only, first in first served.

Wattsy Rules said:
I have a general technical question about avatars.

I have a picture I want to use as my avatar but it's too big. How do you lot compress them so they'll fit.
find a pic less endowered :D

62vette said:
Talk about her more than you. People's brains release all sorts of nice endorphins when they talk about themselves positively.
Also, keep your eyes on hers, not on her boobs, **** etc. Look her in the eyes, perve when she can't see.

Thylacine said:
Okay, I appear to be back. What did I miss?
Wattsy is on a mission to score a date with a Kiwi chick but has forgotten how.
Existence is going to enter a race
Mrs M is or once was part of the WWF, and I don't mean world wildlife fund.
Apart from that just the usual low grade dribble we're famous for.

Oh yeah I nearly forgetted: OzMan wants outta the rock biz, and claims that he once had a girlfriend for about 2 days. I think he might have been stretching the truth a little there.

Hitchy said:
Your coach obviously sucks...get rid of him! :D

Hard to sack someone you don't pay! :D

Nah see I figure it had something to do with my approx 3 months training window.

1/11/06 -> AAC 27/1/2007 I covered 2739km, did 78,679kcal - and in that period I had more than 3 weeks off completely thanks to overseas travel!

Something about no base endurance, interrupted training patterns, minimal hill climb practice, and being a 'green' cyclist.

parawolf said:
Hard to sack someone you don't pay! :D

Nah see I figure it had something to do with my approx 3 months training window.

1/11/06 -> AAC 27/1/2007 I covered 2739km, did 78,679kcal - and in that period I had more than 3 weeks off completely thanks to overseas travel!

Something about no base endurance, interrupted training patterns, minimal hill climb practice, and being a 'green' cyclist.

Why are there so many alarm bells ringing all of a sudden?

No matter how good a deal you might think free coaching is it usually turns out to be a raw deal. It's to easy for a coach earning nothing to put in an equivalent amount of effort, and it can only end in tears. Always insist on paying for training services. Always. Unless you're coaching yourself. Then you can just pay for your own services in beer.

Before kicking off a training program you should be doing plenty of base miles. Three to six months worth. Very important period for easing your body and mind into the rigours of training, getting your bike setup tuned before you hurt yourself, etc. A good coach would ensure that this is absolutely done to the letter, only increasing mileage progressively, to protect their future income.

Part of coaching (and for the athlete) is being able to adapt. Working around periods off the bike and maintaining reasonable form shouldn't be too difficult for a smart coach to help you achieve.

As for the hills, you can either climb or you can ride lotsa hills to learn how. 3 months ain't enough time to master it unless you're a natural born flyweight mountain goat.

So take Hitchy's advice: get on the fone, talk to lotsa ppls to try to work out a good coach to use, hook up with one (be prepared to pay roughly $100/mth for mostly email/phone based programming with some face to face), and then set your current coach free.

jock.c said:
Why are there so many alarm bells ringing all of a sudden?

No matter how good a deal you might think free coaching is it usually turns out to be a raw deal. It's to easy for a coach earning nothing to put in an equivalent amount of effort, and it can only end in tears. Always insist on paying for training services. Always. Unless you're coaching yourself. Then you can just pay for your own services in beer.

Before kicking off a training program you should be doing plenty of base miles. Three to six months worth. Very important period for easing your body and mind into the rigours of training, getting your bike setup tuned before you hurt yourself, etc. A good coach would ensure that this is absolutely done to the letter, only increasing mileage progressively, to protect their future income.

Part of coaching (and for the athlete) is being able to adapt. Working around periods off the bike and maintaining reasonable form shouldn't be too difficult for a smart coach to help you achieve.

As for the hills, you can either climb or you can ride lotsa hills to learn how. 3 months ain't enough time to master it unless you're a natural born flyweight mountain goat.

So take Hitchy's advice: get on the fone, talk to lotsa ppls to try to work out a good coach to use, hook up with one (be prepared to pay roughly $100/mth for mostly email/phone based programming with some face to face), and then set your current coach free.

Can I laugh now about an internal joke? Hitchy is my coach :)

531Aussie said:
hey Melbrunians, the new Ride is on the stands

ooo baby

Andrew Curro's review of the S Works was a pisser. Poor fella didn't quite know how to say "don't throw your hard earned at this overpriced piece of ....."
Should've employed one of little Johnnies speech writers in Canberra to write the review.

Gusboh said:
I think Jock knows... I don't think Jock cares :D

I realised that it should have said "Hitchy was my coach up until I dumped him from advice given over to the interwebby".

:D

62vette said:
:D we figured that, Jocko just used the opportunity to hang some **** on your coach :D

See to me, talking trash is all about short sharp one liners. None of this spouting essay junk to try and put some intelligence around it.

If you mean trash, talk trash.

When i've been out riding with Hitchy, hang a bit of **** on him by riding up along side him and then push him along on the back for a few metres as in to say hurry up :)

Short and sharp, and easily recognisable as fun. :D

parawolf said:
See to me, talking trash is all about short sharp one liners. None of this spouting essay junk to try and put some intelligence around it.

If you mean trash, talk trash.

Sorry, I got carried away. For a moment there I thought I was RFS.

Got the latest issue of Ride (my first one ever...) with Cadel on the front. Interesting picture of him. His right eye is one of 'intent' and his left extremely 'vulnerable'....which is exactly how his personality comes across...he needs more mongrel...

Anyways how come you all hang **** on how he looks?? All he needs is to dye the hair blonde, pluck the eyebrows and a touch of cosmedic surgery on the chin and walllahh hes the next James Bond (I mean you cant get an uglier than the current one....)

Also Nev (or anyone but I know Nev has sidis..) do you get hot spots at all and do you know of any insoles/inserts to soften the blow on the ball of the foot...

Also does anyone else have 'issues' with moderate/recovery training days...i.e everything going fine nice and slow even pace and then...oh there is a hot chick in a car better speed up and fly past her so i can get a better look at the next set of lights...and on and on it goes....I end up coming home stuffed!!!!
redface.gif