The Thread about Nothing....

Gusboh said:
If you are worried about the energy from beer - buy a fixie and ride to and from the pub... Its fun (i've heard) and you burn the beer off.
HA!! :) riding whilst half ****** is harder than I thouhgt.

531Aussie said:
what about these?

Seiko SAT-100

sat100_01.jpg

http://www.seiko-syd.co.jp/music/product/tuner/sat100.html

tsk tsk tsk. You can't read digital readout like that on stage. You need LEDS and/or a needle.

matagi said:
The only thing worse than a sore loser is a less than gracious winner.:rolleyes:
I note with interest, Miss M, that there was no mention of the pwning of all the tex-mex wannabes in the individual pursuit. By none other than Phil Thuaux of CCCC, and I'm not referring to Carnegie Caulfield. :p

Men 4000m Individual Pursuit - Final

Gold & Silver Medals

1 Phillip Thuaux 4.24.955
2 Zakkari Dempster 4.30.070

Bronze Medal
3 Cameron Meyer 4.29.691
4 Michael Ford 4.30.686

This is post #1000 for me on CF.

On such an auspicious occaision I could relate a cycling snippet, a beer review, or even post a large image of a scantily clad fembot of ample proportions.

But no. I give you this: pshaw has CHICKENED OUT. Baaaawwwk Baaawk Baaawk Baaaooor. I will win by forfeit as he has plans of completing the climb from the comfort of his pillow. Bkaaaakk!

Congratulations on your 1000th post Uncle Jock. Of course we should mark this momentous occasion with some sort of ceremony but since most of us couldn't give a stuff (and some of us passed 1000 some time ago without feeling the need to make an announcement) I think we will just let the occasion pass without comment. ;)

matagi said:
Congratulations on your 1000th post Uncle Jock. Of course we should mark this momentous occasion with some sort of ceremony but since most of us couldn't give a stuff (and some of us passed 1000 some time ago without feeling the need to make an announcement) I think we will just let the occasion pass without comment. ;)

We're different breeds of cats Mrs M. I have a hunger, a passion. I need to set goals, train hard regardless of the weather conditions, rise to the occaision and ride on the gilt platform of success and achievement. It's been a tough grind, but I made it. And so I can slip into the comfort of inebriation, safe in the knowledge that I have achieved my goal.

BTW OzMan is just shy of 2000 posts, so I now have to set the bar higher...

Ok, i've had about 2000 calories tonight in amber goodness, plus maybe 400 calories in lovely scottish spirit.

And you know what? i don't care. The joys of riding for transport :)

Gusboh said:
- we'll be riding to Centennial for the morning coffee, so we can meet you at the big cafe (can't miss it, its on the main loop) in Centennial park. We'll be there at about 09:45.

What - ride followed by lunch

Who - Whoever wants to come, all you lurkers are included. It'd be nice to have a good sized bunch to ride with around Sydney. It'll be a beautiful ride no matter which way we go, so come on down.

1) Doma's bohemian cafe in the city - Czech beer and food. Mains from $12 if memory serves. Beer is $5 for a half litre of the good stuff.
Gusboh said:
18th LET ME KNOW PEOPLE!
OK...just spoken to u know who, & I suggested that the 18th would be a good day for her to visit her mother-in-law [1st of 3, no fun being widowed twice before the age of 40] who just happens to live at Surry Hills :D
Hey, I say, I could go for a bike ride while we are there, um maybe Centennial Park would be a good spot? :)
I know shyte about The Big Smoke, so if I can find my way to the Big cafe, I'd just follow the leader after that. Doma's sounds good

funny, Alcohol has the opposite effect on me, I have this desire to expel
food (well on a few occaisions), is this a northern/southern hemisphere thing?

Thylo, yes we seppo's can be quite polite when we insult you.

speaking of bike ****, do you design any bikes with normal (non compact)
geometry?

Marty

lotek said:
funny, Alcohol has the opposite effect on me, I have this desire to expel food
boom boom :)

Just like Jerry Seinfled, spewing up is so traumatic and infrequent for me that I could just about list and date each 'event' :p

matagi said:
The only thing worse than a sore loser is a less than gracious winner.:rolleyes:
The only thing better than beating NSW is beating NSW twice.:p

existence might argue beating SA is better but he's an AFL boy.

pshaw.........I dropped in to Lucca Rd [a guy said u were there] Fridee arv [1st time] & had a bo peep. Unfortunately I had 1 more job for the day & only stayed 15 minutes, so did not get to see the business end. Did you clean up?

classic1 said:
The only thing better than beating NSW is beating NSW twice.:p

existence might argue beating SA is better but he's an AFL boy.
Pfft! Being a transplanted Melburnian, all I can say is nothing is better than beating Collingwood. :p ;):D

Hey you fullas who order a lot of shite from the US. I'm doing a bit of an order from AEbike which I need to get in by the 9th of March. Just got an email back from them and they said the standard international mail would only be 90% certain of the stuff getting in by that date and that if I want it guaranteed to arrive I need to pay US$35 extra for USPS Express. So what's the go? Is that right, or are they just trying to upsell me for no good reason. Iguess US$35 is not that much extra to pay when the alternative is not having my stuff for the tour.

badsac said:
Hey you fullas who order a lot of shite from the US. I'm doing a bit of an order from AEbike which I need to get in by the 9th of March. Just got an email back from them and they said the standard international mail would only be 90% certain of the stuff getting in by that date and that if I want it guaranteed to arrive I need to pay US$35 extra for USPS Express. So what's the go? Is that right, or are they just trying to upsell me for no good reason. Iguess US$35 is not that much extra to pay when the alternative is not having my stuff for the tour.
Depends on the size of the parcel - most standard stuff comes into Oz by air these days. Our experience has been that most airmail parcels take about 2 weeks to reach us but some have taken as long as 6 weeks.

You can be certain that if you really need something before a certain date, Murphy's Law will come into play and if it comes by standard mail you won't get it in time. So I guess if you really have to have the stuff before March 9th, you should pay the extra for courier delivery.

Albert 50 said:
pshaw.........I dropped in to Lucca Rd [a guy said u were there] Fridee arv [1st time] & had a bo peep. Unfortunately I had 1 more job for the day & only stayed 15 minutes, so did not get to see the business end. Did you clean up?
Hey Al, legs were aching from gym session on thursday but was still there at the end, 7 of us got clear into the 400m and contested the sprint just ahead of the main field...i got 6th:rolleyes:

Happy just to be there and did a fair amount of work (unlike some!) so all good!

0600 motorpacing at Adcock tomorrow for the insomniacs...

Good luck to der kaiser in the pink for Sunday!