The Thread about Nothing....

jock.c said:
But no. I give you this: pshaw has CHICKENED OUT. Baaaawwwk Baaawk Baaawk Baaaooor. I will win by forfeit as he has plans of completing the climb from the comfort of his pillow. Bkaaaakk!
Pshaw had baby swimming lessons...and raced last night while you were om the couch;)

Not sure I could bring myself to race a MAMS5 anyway:eek:

badsac said:
Hey you fullas who order a lot of shite from the US. I'm doing a bit of an order from AEbike which I need to get in by the 9th of March. Just got an email back from them and they said the standard international mail would only be 90% certain of the stuff getting in by that date and that if I want it guaranteed to arrive I need to pay US$35 extra for USPS Express. So what's the go? Is that right, or are they just trying to upsell me for no good reason. Iguess US$35 is not that much extra to pay when the alternative is not having my stuff for the tour.
badsac

there's a backlog of mail in sydney, still clearing some from Xmas!! i've seen articles postmarked 23rd Dec in the last few days........and moremba if it's over AU$1000 customs'll have a go at it too

lotek said:
funny, Alcohol has the opposite effect on me, I have this desire to expel
food (well on a few occaisions), is this a northern/southern hemisphere thing?

Thylo, yes we seppo's can be quite polite when we insult you.

speaking of bike ****, do you design any bikes with normal (non compact)
geometry?

Marty
I can design anything, Marty. That's the whole point of custom! :p

Most designs you see of ours are Sloping because a) They're mostly MTBs, and b) Horizontal top tubes in my size look very, very dumb, so I tend to draw road bikes with sloping top tubes, which means I'm horribly biased.

However, if someone wants horizontal, I'm cool with that.

matagi said:
Umm .... aren't you a little old for the baby class? :confused: ;) :D
:rolleyes:
I jined the SLSC to use their gym last week...which means bronze medallion...which probably means baby swimming lessons...:p

Wattsy Rules said:
Right! That's it, no more being nice to Matagi!!:mad: :rolleyes: :D
Bah! Wait until the season starts and all Collingwood supporters will be fair game. :p :D

Just back from the Central Division track championships with only seven CC riders taking part. Results are pretty impressive for such a small bunch:

Mick C - 1st Warm-up A Grade Scratch, Gold Elite Derby, Gold Elite Scratch, and 1st in the A Grade Motorpace as well. Towel flick for everyone else.

Matty B - 3rd Warm-up A Grade Scratch, Bronze Elite Scratch

Me - Gold MMAS1-3 Derby, Silver MMAS1-3 Scratch

Peter H - Bronze MMAS4/5 Scratch

The Rev - Smashed everyone for 1st in the C Grade Motorpace

Glen E - Mastered a track with proper banking on it and got Bronze in the MMAS1-3 Scratch. Had some sphincter problems when he first got up on the banking but ended up relaxing a bit as the night went on.

...and last but not least was Kodie (U13 rider) who had to ride up a division and copped a pasting, but rode his little heart out.

jock.c said:
Just back from the Central Division track championships with only seven CC riders taking part. ......

Me - Gold MMAS1-3 Derby, Silver MMAS1-3 Scratch...........
Good work, Uncle Jock! The twin pillars of doom crushing the souls of the weak, :D

matagi said:
Good work, Uncle Jock! The twin pillars of doom crushing the souls of the weak, :D
The best part wasn't medalling, it was blocking savagely in the Warm up scratch. I was gifted some nice blocking last year in the same event, so it was nice to be able to 'pass the favour on'. :)

matagi said:
Hey, any northern TANners doing the Sydney Body Art ride tomorrow?
Sorry Ma, racing tomorrow. You and Mr M have fun, won't you. I might try to get the twin pillars into the event next year.:)

I'm nooding up tomorrow - celeste coloured Gus riding from out the front of my office :)

Ok, there are 5 coming on the 2nd TAN ride at the moment. Any other Coasties coming?

Lurkers - post/pm if you want to come.
Regulars - Coasties - what's doing boys? I was expecting most of you to come to the smoke for some k's, some beers and some duck...

Gusboh said:
I'm nooding up tomorrow - celeste coloured Gus riding from out the front of my office :)

Ok, there are 5 coming on the 2nd TAN ride at the moment. Any other Coasties coming?
Go the celeste Gus!

On the TAN ride front, still trying to balance Opens, Champs, Team stuff, family, etc. Will be there if the planets are all in alignment.

Out for March 18 :( Doing a train trip to walk the bridge with the kiddliwinks.

Go the nudes !!!

matagi said:
Depends on the size of the parcel - most standard stuff comes into Oz by air these days. Our experience has been that most airmail parcels take about 2 weeks to reach us but some have taken as long as 6 weeks.

Well, it's a new fork, front and rear panniers, rear rack, pedals, and these funny barends so it's a fairly bulky order. So I just sucked it down and went USPS Express. US$120 hurts though. :(

chuckchunder said:
badsac

there's a backlog of mail in sydney, still clearing some from Xmas!! i've seen articles postmarked 23rd Dec in the last few days........and moremba if it's over AU$1000 customs'll have a go at it too

Oh ack. That sounds terrible. Will that effect things coming USPS express? I'm screwed if my stuff doesn't get here. :(

Should be right with customs though. Bought almost $2k's worth of stuff from Probikekit late last year and they let that through.

This order only comes out to US$400 before shipping though so I'll be right.