The Thread about Nothing....

Well pissing down with rain here this morning, radar looking a tad dodgy as we got ready to go, so MrM elected not to ride.

I was only going along for chauffeur duties coz I haven't recovered from the plague yet.

badsac said:
Well, it's a new fork, front and rear panniers, rear rack, pedals, and these funny barends so it's a fairly bulky order. So I just sucked it down and went USPS Express. US$120 hurts though. :(

Oh ack. That sounds terrible. Will that effect things coming USPS express? I'm screwed if my stuff doesn't get here. :(

Should be right with customs though. Bought almost $2k's worth of stuff from Probikekit late last year and they let that through.

This order only comes out to US$400 before shipping though so I'll be right.
What forks and panniers did you end up getting?

matagi said:
I was only going along for chauffeur duties coz I haven't recovered from the plague yet.
Crikey, its hangin around. Get well soon.

In fact, why don't you grab a small bottle of OP rum and take it to bed. You'll be cured in the morning, but you'll have a cracker headache, nausea, and a desire to never drink rum again.

Gusboh said:
Bloody mother in law coming over for lunch, can't ride today....
HA! Not a problem I have to worry about anymore!:D :p :D

I, on the other hand got out on the road by 7.30am into pissing rain and massive head wind down to Frango. Sat on between 25 and 28 kmh to Frankston and then 37 to 45 on the way back. I almost felt sorry for the poor basatrds pushing against the wind as I was coming home...almost.:D

jock.c said:
Crikey, its hangin around. Get well soon.

In fact, why don't you grab a small bottle of OP rum and take it to bed. You'll be cured in the morning, but you'll have a cracker headache, nausea, and a desire to never drink rum again.
Yeah, it's taking its time - not helped by the fact that I had to work 7 days straight without a break so rest and recovery time was non-existent. Actually scored the weekend off, so am feeling a little better this evening.

Not a fan of rum except in fruit cake (I do a mean Christmas cake ;) ) but I did hit the couch with some hot lemon and whisky when it was at its peak last week.

matagi said:
Well pissing down with rain here this morning...
Jeez, some of us were motorpace training down the velodrome at 0600...where were ya?

Jock...status on the maglia beauie?

Met Phil Thuaux down avoca this avo on way to gym...what a decent bloke...hes off to adelaide for an ais training camp before worlds in spain.....

Go CCCC...world domination is next!

*inserts monocle and strokes fluffy white cat.

Well that was a hard but good weekend.

Knocked off early Friday arvo and me and the missus were in the surf at 5pm. Nice! Followed by kebabs at the beach watching riders in the big surf.

Satdee morning did 138km in a group of 8. It started as a base ride, but a tail wind on the homeward leg turned it into a thrash fest.

Spent Satdee arvo in the agrden and another swim at the beach but was too shagged to even body surf and just stood in the surf.

Sunday morning too poked to ride, but managed another full day of gardening. Finished with G & Ts and a nice pork curry washed down with a Marlborough Pinot for me and an unoaked Hawkes Bay Chardonnay for the chook.

5 weeks till the Northland tour and in the meat of the training programme. The plan says 14.5 hours in the saddle this week.

62vette said:
The plan says 14.5 hours in the saddle this week.
Yeah, I love it when the easy week rolls around too!

Q for OzMan, Hitchy, Ed, etc. How come when you're piling on the strength training you hillclimbing goes to shite and you end up going into oxygen debt waaaaay early? Is it because your losing iron, gaining muscle mass (which requires more O2), or something else?

jock.c said:

Q for OzMan, Hitchy, Ed, etc. How come when you're piling on the strength training you hillclimbing goes to shite and you end up going into oxygen debt waaaaay early? Is it because your losing iron, gaining muscle mass (which requires more O2), or something else?

Depends exactly what you're referring to....if you're saying that hill climbing goes to shite *during* weeks of strength training......thats what I'd expect to happen....the famous 'J' curve....performance goes down when intensity & duration goes up for any extended period.....perfectly natural....you're tired! (although you may not neccesatily feel that way)....soon as you slacken the strength stuff, or come off a recovery week, all things being equal, your performance (in your case, climbing),should exceed that, that you achieved prior to the strength 'block'....thats the time for hill PB's & the like...1st up after a 'heavy' block & after a recovery week....its about 'adaption' to the work load....work, overload, recovery, perform.....

Thylacine said:
What forks and panniers did you end up getting?

You scare me when you ask these questions. :p

Got a Surly Instigator for the fork and for the panniers a set of Axiom La Salle's for the front and Axiom Cartiers for the back.

chuckchunder said:
shouldn't, express gets done first, should go straight through...........

cheers

Phew! Thanks for that. :)

jock.c said:
LOL, I can see that it would be an easy week for the twin pillars of doom. After all such a short time out riding is barely enough time to irritate the soles of your feet, let alone terrify and crush the souls of the weak :p

62vette said:
LOL, I can see that it would be an easy week for the twin pillars of doom. After all such a short time out riding is barely enough time to irritate the soles of your feet, let alone terrify and crush the souls of the weak :p
ROFLMAO

62vette said:
LOL, I can see that it would be an easy week for the twin pillars of doom. After all such a short time out riding is barely enough time to irritate the soles of your feet, let alone terrify and crush the souls of the weak
Wow, I didn't realise Jock was The Kaiser in disguise(r).

Hitchy said:
Depends exactly what you're referring to... <schnippen> work, overload, recovery, perform.....
So that's where I'm going wrong: I keep omitting the "perform" bit! :D

Thylacine said:
Wow, I didn't realise Jock was The Kaiser in disguise(r).
Come to the next NTAN ride...when your standing in the shadow of his thighs (twin pillars of doom)...then you'll realise!

;)

pshaw said:
Come to the next NTAN ride...when your standing in the shadow of his thighs (twin pillars of doom)...then you'll realise!

;)
Paul, it really worries me that you're fixated on Jocks Thighs... :p :D