The Thread about Nothing....

Top bike Hitchy. Love me white bikes. They look flash. :D

Hey Thylo, I've got a guy over on another (non cycling) forum who knows your racers. It's good to hear the cult of Thylo is getting stronger and stronger. The stuff he's spewing out about Carbon could have came straight from you. ;)

Nice that Thlacine Cycles is getting spread out far and wide. :)

Hey what is the go with your Ethers btw, and how are they different to an Arete?

badsac said:
Top bike Hitchy. Love me white bikes. They look flash. :D

Hey Thylo, I've got a guy over on another (non cycling) forum who knows your racers. It's good to hear the cult of Thylo is getting stronger and stronger. The stuff he's spewing out about Carbon could have came straight from you. ;)

Nice that Thlacine Cycles is getting spread out far and wide. :)

Hey what is the go with your Ethers btw, and how are they different to an Arete?
Hey, I love carbon! Wait til you see Pete's bike :)

The Ethers are pretty much the Arete SL's on a diet. Every part, every tube reduced to it's essence, coated in a swish-o ceramic finish, and bingo, you have the Ether.

Yeah, the frames are getting out-and-about. Brett and Erin are doing us proud going round and round in circles in the enduro scene, and we're getting noticed more in the US too, which is our major market.

Happy days!

Thylacine said:
Hey, I love carbon! Wait til you see Pete's bike :)

Well at least you roll with the times. ;)

Thylacine said:
The Ethers are pretty much the Arete SL's on a diet. Every part, every tube reduced to it's essence, coated in a swish-o ceramic finish, and bingo, you have the Ether.

Are they going to pop up on your website? This bloke on the other websites just got an xtc Team which he's going to build up pretty nice but he rekons it'll still be heavier than Erins Ether. Crazy that you're getting steel down lighter than what should be a pretty lightweight aloominum racing frame. Nice work. :)

(How long until they taco though? :eek: :p )

classic1 said:
Hey saccy, you still haven't posted a pic of your bike yet!

Are you for real? Bugger me I'm hopeless. I'll have to fix that when I get home this arvo. Though with the pron Hitchy and Thylo have been posting, the poor thing will be looking a little second rate by comparison. ;)

badsac said:
Are you for real? Bugger me I'm hopeless. I'll have to fix that when I get home this arvo. Though with the pron Hitchy and Thylo have been posting, the poor thing will be looking a little second rate by comparison. ;)
Nah, pr0n is pr0n. Put it up.

You could always title the pic as "Home Girl of the Month" if you are worried about the airbrushed, touched up pics from Thylo & Hitchy :D :p

classic1 said:
Hey saccy, you still haven't posted a pic of your bike yet!
is this it? :)

brokebike.jpg

badsac said:
Well at least you roll with the times. ;)

Are they going to pop up on your website? This bloke on the other websites just got an xtc Team which he's going to build up pretty nice but he rekons it'll still be heavier than Erins Ether. Crazy that you're getting steel down lighter than what should be a pretty lightweight aloominum racing frame. Nice work. :)

(How long until they taco though? :eek: :p )
Yeah, I'll put info on the Ether up after I've finished writing the spiel.

We're hanging the goolies out with the Ether, no doubt, but then again it's probably three times the price of the Giant, 10 times the labour cost and 5 times the materials cost.

You can't compare a Giant to a high end custom frame. Neil Perry Wagyu burger vs a Big Mac etc. etc..

lol. Will do Wil. ;)

531Aussie said:

Umm could be soon. Principias have a reputation for doing that kind of job in short order. :(

Thylacine said:

What's taking so long with the spiel? You put "She's light as a drunkards wallet. Do yerself a favour and buy the *******!" :D

Thylacine said:
We're hanging the goolies out with the Ether, no doubt, but then again it's probably three times the price of the Giant, 10 times the labour cost and 5 times the materials cost.

So you're saying you're underselling them. ;)

Thylacine said:
You can't compare a Giant to a high end custom frame. Neil Perry Wagyu burger vs a Big Mac etc. etc..

Well they both fill a hole. :p

badsac said:
Umm could be soon. Principias have a reputation for doing that kind of job in short order. :p
nah, I was talking about your Specialized :)

Didn't you smash it?

531Aussie said:
nah, I was talking about your Specialized :)

Didn't you smash it?

No, I didn't smash it. The bumper of some middle aged soccer mum with her head up her **** did. :rolleyes:

Old new. I'm trying to get this new one smashed now. :p

flipper said:
Gawd, the new Treks are pig-ugly. .png[/IMG]
eh, I don't mind it. :) What a coincidence, they look a lot like the new Lemonds :)

Looks better than the fugly Specialized and Orbea Orcas, which both look like old dragsters. I just can't 'get' that rounded top-tube/seat-tube thing

prod_2017.jpg
diva_main_pink.jpg

531Aussie said:
I just can't 'get' that rounded top-tube/seat-tube thing
Same here.
One of the things I liked about the Treks was the traditional geometry. Not a fan of compacts at all... sorry, unisex ;) :D

It's weird to think that one of the good parts about carbon is that you can make it any shape you want.......but then they go and pick that.

*Edit* Beer Tasting Notes:

Tonight, we have the Raftman by Unibroue, Quebec. Made from Whiskey Malt, and tastes like it, too. A fairly light ale with a smokey maltiness. Ahh...the Peat.....the Peat! Not bad. I wonder what this would be like as a double, with more alcohol to give it that whoompf underneath the smokiness.

flipper said:
Gawd, the new Treks are pig-ugly.
Stop insulting pigs.

flipper said:
Same here.
One of the things I liked about the Treks was the traditional geometry. Not a fan of compacts at all... sorry, unisex ;) :D
That bike looks farking horrible. It might be ok to ride, but its so gay looking they should throw in a pink tu-tu or some leather chaps to wear with it. Its such a clownish looking bike they should give you some big shoes and a red nose when you buy one. Its so stupid looking they should have models named 'Pauline Hanson', 'George Dubbya' or 'Rocky Balboa'. I think you get the picture.

But its still not as ugly or stupid looking as that Specialized.

classic1 said:
Stop insulting pigs.

That bike looks farking horrible. It might be ok to ride, but its so gay looking they should throw in a pink tu-tu or some leather chaps to wear with it. Its such a clownish looking bike they should give you some big shoes and a red nose when you buy one. Its so stupid looking they should have models named 'Pauline Hanson', 'George Dubbya' or 'Rocky Balboa'. I think you get the picture.
But but but...it kinda looks like my new bike (not finished yet).. :(:eek: (No mine isnt a trek. I am a fan of the paintjob. It is clean, simple and not overstated. With a better set of wheels it could be allllrite. I think what they have done with the seat tube is what makes it so 'George Dubbya' ??

Thylacine said:

That ceramic finish makes me feel all tingly.

I can remember the ONCE teams had hill climb TT specials made by klein that used 100-150 gms of paint only. 40gms....jeebus christ.

existence said:
But but but...it kinda looks like my new bike (not finished yet).. :(:eek: (No mine isnt a trek. I am a fan of the paintjob. It is clean, simple and not overstated. With a better set of wheels it could be allllrite. I think what they have done with the seat tube is what makes it so 'George Dubbya' ??
What did you buy?

Theres a heap of bikes that have that curved compact look at the moment, like a farking 1977 Malvern Star dragster. Some look ok (De Rosa Idol), but most leave me indifferent. (some of the weirder Colnagos, Orbea) or make me spew (specialized, new Trek).

There are a couple of compact (or at least sloping) frames I like aesthetically. Storck. Umm, and thats all I can think of for now.:D

classic1 said:
What did you buy?
I dont want to say really. Its not a Look 595 :( Maybe once its ready I will feel better about it.

Having a look at Trek I noticed they are now using words like 'fuselage'....:confused:

Also it seems like every year with every brand there is a 30-40% increase in frame stiffness...looks like Trek went with 48% this year...nice arbitrary figure.

In fact the new Trek is a 'game-changing' bike.............whatever that means?????