The Thread about Nothing....

Jono L said:
Ozman, I'm off scratch with ya boyfriend this w/e:p

SCRATCH
10 CHESSUM, Matthew CAR
11 EDMUNDS, BradE-M
12 LEAPER, TomBBN
13 LOVELOCK, Jonathan HAW
Tom Leaper's comeback to racing must be going alright. Maybe you can chat to him about riding in Italy while you work over the rest of the field...:D

classic1 said:
Maaaate. I'm a nappy changing guru.
:) I struggled enough with potty training the niece over the weekend... I think i'm in for a big shock if the Mrs gets pregnant.

Thylacine said:
I'll win a baby boy, does that count? Missus reckons it's perfect timing, because I'm not going to be sleeping anyway coz I'll be watching the tour.

Unfortunately, this nightshift is gunna be a bit tricky when ya don't have boobies.
Boobies are not required - there's this neat new invention (called a breast pump) which allows a lactating mother to express breast milk, thereby taking care of the supply and demand end of the equation ahead of time. :rolleyes:

Hoo boy! Are you in for a shock when little Tigger comes home from hospital. :D

Jono L said:
Ozman, I'm off scratch with ya boyfriend this w/e:p

SCRATCH
10 CHESSUM, Matthew CAR
11 EDMUNDS, BradE-M
12 LEAPER, TomBBN
13 LOVELOCK, Jonathan HAW
where's that at?

Says on the Carnegie fixture that it's just normal crits at Casey Fields.

How hard are those 2hr handicaps for the back groups? Is it like 92% maxHR until you drop? :)

hdtvkss said:
well its gone, sold the crack-en-fail :( nearly brought a tear to the eye! :(
What about the Marshall? How long has that been on the market now?

matagi said:
What about the Marshall? How long has that been on the market now?
oh about 5 years, i will put it on ebay once the cannondale has been taken delivery of. just never been assed to advertise the marshall!

funny thing was i got more for the bike on ebay than what i was asking for to buy it outright. gotta love ebay :D

and in other inlgorious cycling news ill be making my fat ass return to the road bike this evening to see if my issues i was having are cleared. hope i dont bend those mavics.... :eek:

531Aussie said:
where's that at?

Says on the Carnegie fixture that it's just normal crits at Casey Fields.

How hard are those 2hr handicaps for the back groups? Is it like 92% maxHR until you drop? :)
Tthis handicap is more like 3-4hours, 130-140k @ creswick, info on the csv site...

usually flat chat till you catch 2nd scratch then it becomes more tactical ie,

1) Can we get rid of those from 2nd scratch who aren't working? and

2) If you can't then do you wanna tow all thsoe slackers up to the finish?

Often people wait for a decent hill and split it up to get rid of those who aren't working and then start worrying about running down those still out front.

Jono L said:
Tthis handicap is more like 3-4hours, 130-140k @ creswick, info on the csv site...

usually flat chat till you catch 2nd scratch then it becomes more tactical ie,
JEEEZUZ!! I reckon I could count on one hand the amount of 4hr rides I've done. Sounds like fkn murder.

Does this mean no-one good will be at Casey? :p

Jono L said:
this......
were you there last night? It was ****: a moderate headwind meant it was one of those ones where it just stays on 40kph to 45kph the whole way, with everyone easily sitting on, also with lots on bunching up coz no-one wants to go the front.

531Aussie said:
it was mostly low 40s, which ain't that fast when there's probably a dozen or more guys taking turns
You shoulda took charge Nev. I yo-yo all the time. Its more fun and interesting.

531Aussie said:
not many bargains on Sidis. :p The guy at Le Knicks reckons there's less mark-up on shoes than other stuff, which is why they stopped selling them.

Here I go again pimping Bicycle Recycle again, but they have better-than-average prices for Shimano shoes, if that's what you like (I reckon Shimanos are a bit fugly). Other than that, there always seems to be deals around town on DMTs
I find the Shimano ones rather ugly also, and they dont seem to fit me that well. I ended up getting some Specialized comp road shoes from Goldcross cycles reduced to 95$. Not so ugly and importantly they feel comfortable.

existence said:
You shoulda took charge Nev. I yo-yo all the time. Its more fun and interesting.
I thought I was feeling fantastic, then I shot off the front for a bit and felt farkin ****. :) My legs were dead, and the next thing I know I'm doing 35 with my HR at 190!! :p I missjudged the wind direction and speed.

With a headwind like that, when you're at the front you kill yourself to sit on 35 to 40, with everyone sitting on doing nothing, so it's kinda pointless unless you just want the workout.

existence said:
Naw, you'd fly off the front doing 50, then settle into a nice rhythm in the high 40's and smash them all. :rolleyes: