The Thread about Nothing....

This is what I'm talking about!! :)

fc-6500-large_v2_m56577569830490305.jpg

531Aussie said:
yeah, but it's carbon. Isn't the alu Campag stuff still shiny?
I think Record brakes only come in black this year. Chorus (which are functionally the same but without the Ti bolts) are silver.

Helps you to do this...

zees_polished_motorcycle.jpg

Amaloominium comes up real nice. We used to do heaps of it on pommy cars.

flipper said:
Amaloominium comes up real nice. We used to do heaps of it on pommy cars.
Is that so they'd at least look good while broken down on the side of the road.;)

Still no word from 'campag' :p regarding my exploding plastic record cranks. :( They have had them in their service centre for 2 weeks now. Time enough to make a judgement call and to have notified me. I have sent 2 follow up emails. Nothing. I am not calling them. I just hope they come through with the goods. My shimmie centaur replacement cranks make me realise how stupid I am. They are just as good, they shine, weigh a bit more but really a hack like me cant tell the difference. Record was a total waste of money for someone like me. I blame everyone on this forum but mostly ginaman. :p

existence said:
my cheap Campag cranks are all I need]
eh, nice stuff makes ya wanna ride and clean the bike more often

existence said:
Hey Ozzzie you seen this bad boy...how many hours of fun? :)

http://www.computrainer.com.au/varicrank.html
ha! Nah, haven't seen them, but I've seen other adjustable cranks. Could've saved me about $2000 buying all the different lengths! :p

What would really be grouse would be cranks that vary length during each revolution: short up the top, lengthen through the downstroke, then shorten again as they come back up :)

existence said:
Record was a total waste of money for someone like me. I blame everyone on this forum but mostly ginaman. :p
Shoulda bought Chorus. :D I keep telling people stuff, they don't listen, and it ends in tears. That's all I'm sayin'. ;)

Hey Hitchy, whats the verdict on the Zero Gravity brakes? Worth the cash?

Boo farken hoo.

:p

Actually, can't show you any roadie stuff at the moment. It's all hush-hush.

Pete's Tephra CTI is in the middle of being titaniumised and should be off to the carbon people in a week. Might have some pix of that then, but on the roadie side of the fence, that's all I have for the next few months.

Lots of MTBs though! :cool:

Bloody Genius said:
Still no word from 'campag' :p regarding my exploding plastic record cranks. :( They have had them in their service centre for 2 weeks now. Time enough to make a judgement call and to have notified me.
Got an email today. Turns out they honoured the warranty immediately and ordered a new crankset for me from Italy. It arrived in Sydney today and I should get it Monday. No questions were asked on the exploding plastic so all in all I am very happy with Campagnolo. I wonder if they will send me 06 or 07 stock?

existence said:
Got an email today. Turns out they honoured the warranty immediately and ordered a new crankset for me from Italy. It arrived in Sydney today and I should get it Monday. No questions were asked on the exploding plastic so all in all I am very happy with Campagnolo. I wonder if they will send me 06 or 07 stock?
You should post the pics of the exploded crank. Start a new thread. Call it 'plastic cranks are stupid'.

Sell the new cranks to me for $1 and I will dispose of them appropriately.