The Thread about Nothing....

Hitchy said:
I think I hate you.....no fark it,....I know I hate you.....you are gunna suffer for your wheels!....

hey, i'll trade you the easton's for your Dura Ace :)

eastonbling.jpg

Hmmm more deep dish

Hitchy said:
Oi....foxtel victims!....CI.....Ulrika's a sex addict!....It's just occurred to me that if I was 20 years younger & single....sex addicts anonymous would be a grouse place to pick up! :D
What in god's name are you blathering on about man? Can we get an English translation? :p

flipper said:
I kinda like them Ariones. Sundee didn't hurt (the nethers) one little bit. I think I must've finally got the bike fit right, cos pretty much nothing hurt after the TAN from hell :)

yeah, Gotta love them Ariones.....especially the ones with World champ stripes, makes ya go 10% faster!....unfortunately for me, mine only went on the 486 the night before & I don't think I got it in quite the right position (fore/aft).....maybe 5mm out, but after 190 km it makes a difference!......the 595 is now equiped with a Selle Italia SLR carbon...undecided as yet, about it....but not to shabby...could be my favourite seat dejour...(subject to further notice)....bit ****** off that the advertised weight is 125gms, (even printed on the sadddle) & the actual is 150gm......but given I'm 9kg overweight, whats a few grams between friends?

parawolf said:
hey, i'll trade you the easton's for your Dura Ace :)

eastonbling.jpg

Hmmm more deep dish

Ok...lemmme think for a second....hmmm....NO....fark off!...Me love DA Carbon 50's......'specially cos I got 'em for nuffin! (You already know the story)

Hitchy said:
the 595 is now equiped with a Selle Italia SLR carbon...undecided as yet, about it....but not to shabby...could be my favourite seat dejour...(subject to further notice)....bit ****** off that the advertised weight is 125gms, (even printed on the sadddle) & the actual is 150gm......but given I'm 9kg overweight, whats a few grams between friends?

hmm i've got the SLR XP, very comfy saddle. Pondering when it needs to be replaced to either get it again, or go the slimline ones - whats $500 for a saddle that weights about 75grams (Selle Italia SLR Carbon64)

Hitchy said:
... especially the ones with World champ stripes, makes ya go 10% faster!....
Dude on Dawn Patrol in rainbow colours was copping heaps of flak but doubt he was even remotely aware of the contempt that the other riders had for him.

parawolf said:
hmm i've got the SLR XP, very comfy saddle. Pondering when it needs to be replaced to either get it again, or go the slimline ones - whats $500 for a saddle that weights about 75grams (Selle Italia SLR Carbon64)

If your @rse can cope with the SLR shape, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the one i've got....about $180 at PBK including postage, vs gawd knows in Aus!....I'm just not sure whether it suits my @rse or not....but might have to revert to the Arione, bloody Phil pinched me other one....& the carbon ones only come in black...which definately doesn't look 'the goods' on the 595!

jock.c said:
Dude on Dawn Patrol in rainbow colours was copping heaps of flak but doubt he was even remotely aware of the contempt that the other riders had for him.

Agree totally....the problem is if you like an Arione & the colour fit is 'white'....its only in the last 12 mths that Fizik have got around to creating one in white without the world champ stripes....I console myself that with my fat @rse, no-one can see the stripes anyway!

flipper said:
I've seen them in white with a silver stripe down the middle.

yeah...Marcus had one on Satdee that I scored for him....posties should be in bed by now....I'm expecting my latest PBK order tomm...get working!

Hitchy said:
Hitchy: I think my medicare card expired about 5 years ago

SWMBO: No it didn't, we got it renewed, remember?

Hitchy: No. Those bulk bill blokes just got off the last boat from Darkest Africa, I want a real doctor.
ROFLMAO. I took my grandfather to hospital the other week. The doctor had friggin tribal scars gouged into his forehead. I **** you not. If its not witch doctors its wart faced Russian doctors who look like bloody Igor out of the horror movies and probably did their interneeship at the infirmiry of the Kolya gulag salt and uranium mine.

classic1 said:
ROFLMAO. I took my grandfather to hospital the other week. The doctor had friggin tribal scars gouged into his forehead. I **** you not. If its not witch doctors its wart faced Russian doctors who look like bloody Igor out of the horror movies and probably did their interneeship at the infirmiry of the Kolya gulag salt and uranium mine.

Fark...you obvoiously live closer to me than I thought.....last time i went to the quack (got the flu that everyone in Melb got), wouldn't have bothered going, but was a week into a new job & didn't want to be seen as a bludger & thought I should front with a certificate.....bloke barely spoke English, I was Delirious (SWMBO had to drive cos I could barely get out of bed)....SWOMBO tells me my temperature was 40.3 taken by the witch Doctor, & apparently I insisted on knowing what the 'record' was...wouldn't leave until he looked it up on the web, apparently....I don't remember any of it....diagnosis...go back to bed....which is where SWMBO had dragged me from in the first place!.....Apparently, (again, I remember nothing of the trip), I asked him how much you earn't an hour in Addis Abba for driving a taxi against being a doctor in Aus...SWMBO freaked (apparently)....gotta love modern medicine!....anyway, 3 days of twurling a dead chook around my head, while walking on hot coals & chanting 'Steve Erwin is a ******", apparently did the trick......

classic1 said:

Fark...you obviously live closer to me than I thought.....last time i went to the quack (got the flu that everyone in Melb got), wouldn't have bothered going, but was a week into a new job & didn't want to be seen as a bludger & thought I should front with a certificate.....bloke barely spoke English, I was Delirious (SWMBO had to drive cos I could barely get out of bed)....SWOMBO tells me my temperature was 40.3 taken by the witch Doctor, & apparently I insisted on knowing what the 'record' was...wouldn't leave until he looked it up on the web, apparently....I don't remember any of it....diagnosis...go back to bed....which is where SWMBO had dragged me from in the first place!.....Apparently, (again, I remember nothing of the trip), I asked him how much you earn't an hour in Addis Abba for driving a taxi against being a doctor in Aus...SWMBO freaked (apparently)....gotta love modern medicine!....anyway, 3 days of twurling a dead chook around my head, while walking on hot coals & chanting 'Steve Erwin is a ******", apparently did the trick......

matagi said:
FWIW, Crazy John was an ex-smoker ......
......religious & didn't drink alcohol.
There you go Hitchy, you've got no worries :rolleyes:

Yesterday I got my Nov-Dec Bicycling Aus mag. It's obvious that white is the 'in' colour. Three quarters of the bikes advertised have white bar tape & white [or white & black] seats. Louis Garneau white [with a little bit of black & orange] shoe & a white Flite saddle also advertised.
For a slob like me all that white stuff would look like **** in no time.

HA! Witch doctors! :)

A million years ago I needed some quick dental work to remove a root (half the tooth was already gone), so I had to quickly get a stack of antibiotics coz I had a heart murmur when I was a kid (several doctors has sincebeen unable to detect it with a stetho).

I was running around Brunswick or Nth Fitzroy, or somewhere, when those suburbs were still untrendy, and the only chemist I could find was some dump with Arabic, Yiddish, or Greek or some kinda sign out the front, with carpet so **** that dirt was coming through the tears

I was shitting meself that the dude didn't know what he was doing and was gunna gimme the wrong stuff and i was gunna die. :p The look on of panic must've shown on my face, coz the guy smirked, put on his best Aussie accent, and said: "don't worry mate, that's why i went to uni" :)

Hitchy said:
Apparently, (again, I remember nothing of the trip), I asked him how much you earn't an hour in Addis Abba for driving a taxi against being a doctor in Aus...SWMBO freaked (apparently)....gotta love modern medicine!....anyway, 3 days of twurling a dead chook around my head, while walking on hot coals & chanting 'Steve Erwin is a ******", apparently did the trick......

better than EPO or synthetic hormones!

Like to see the UCI developed a test for chook waving...