The Thread about Nothing....

I've farked a few bikes in my time.

They were either the ones you fark behind the hedge at 1am after the pub or they were farked after my having exciting race-touch wheel-road-sky-road-sky-gutter-serious pain-hospital shennanigans.

classic1 said:
They could try another tack. How about they ban ****wit do-gooder lobby groups, god botherers and political parties?
That'd just about leave us....

Jono L said:
That'd just about leave us....
Classic1 for PM! :p

Personally, I reckon the low-slung jeans thing makes it really easy to immobilise your victim should the need arise. One quick tug and the things are down around their knees - very difficult to run when your legs are tangled up in your jeans.

classic1 said:
I've farked a few bikes in my time.

They were either the ones you fark behind the hedge at 1am after the pub or they were farked after my having exciting race-touch wheel-road-sky-road-sky-gutter-serious pain-hospital shennanigans.
No-one's going to make a joke about the town bike?

I think I want to make an apology of sorts. For a bloke who years ago decided to keep his cycling a pleasurable and stress relieving pursuit rather than making it a competitive race oriented one, my posts here sure have focussed on numbers a bit too bloody much after two races with midfield packfodder results. Not really my desired focus. So please disregard some of that **** and replace it with the fact that I've had a great time getting fitter earlier after winter than I normally would, have enjoyed some great riding, improved my skills, found a community I'd like to spend more time in, met some great people, and um, realised just how instinctive competitive behaviour is in myself. Nothing wrong with that, I guess, but hopefully I can avoid being a tosspot about it. Hmm.

Moving on, Saccy, found this at http://www.ontrackimages.com.au/MTB/galleries/Mont24_6300/index.htm

Speaking of MTB's, on the ATB last week, I bumped into some members of the AusPost team and was invited to join them and do a MTB race in Canberra next month.
I doubt my '98 Yukon would be up to the job... and I know the engine wouldn't... it's silly that my property backs onto Lysterfield Lake park (Comm Games MTB course) and I rarely ever go there.
Is there some big race up there in November? (they never said what the event was)

bbp said:
I think I want to make an apology of sorts. For a bloke who years ago decided to keep his cycling a pleasurable and stress relieving pursuit rather than making it a competitive race oriented one, my posts here sure have focussed on numbers a bit too bloody much after two races with midfield packfodder results. Not really my desired focus. So please disregard some of that **** and replace it with the fact that I've had a great time getting fitter earlier after winter than I normally would, have enjoyed some great riding, improved my skills, found a community I'd like to spend more time in, met some great people, and um, realised just how instinctive competitive behaviour is in myself. Nothing wrong with that, I guess, but hopefully I can avoid being a tosspot about it. Hmm.

Nah, nothing wrong with getting into something you really enjoyed and letting everyone know. People'd be wankers if they had a problem with it. And who cares if we didn't come first? We went hard achieved some goals. Nah, she's all good.

bbp said:
Moving on, Saccy,

Yeah saw it. That ***** needs to grow some shoulders. ;)

Any pictures of you in there? I couldn't see any of you. One of my mates turned up in the day pics though so you might have turned up in there???

bbp said:
I think I want to make an apology of sorts.
Not required mate. Call it excitement, passion whatever but definitely no apology required for that post. Maybe for you it is the beginning of MTB racing career :) Racing is fun :D:D
If you can find the time for a ride in the Hunter you could tell us more.

Bloody Seppo Halloween infiltration.
Get ready ppl Wednesday arvo / early evening for the trick or treat grommets sucking up for chocolates & other forms of teeth rotting goodies:eek:.
Time to lock the doors & be quite for a couple of hours :p

Wikipedia, in brief, suggests the Celts started it
'Halloween originated from the Pagan festival Samhain, celebrated among the Celts of Ireland and Great Britain. Irish and Scottish immigrants carried versions of the tradition to North America in the nineteenth century. Other western countries embraced the holiday in the late twentieth century.'

Albert 50 said:
Get ready ppl Wednesday arvo / early evening for the trick or treat grommets sucking up for chocolates & other forms of teeth rotting goodies:eek:.
I've got a better idea: get your sorry **** down to Adcock for round one of the summer track season. Don't forget your aeroguard

Albert 50 said:
Electronic gates, work every time :D