The Thread about Nothing....

Ok I'm gutless...there, I've admitted it....You blokes in melb reckon ya got a bit of rain over the weekend...30mm according to Oz's favourite site....Hotham got 70mm....all of it on Hitchy's head!.....Got as far as CRB hill & still can't work out whether it was the torrential rain, the cloud that meant I couldn't see 50 feet in front of me, or the fact that it was so icy, every tome I got out of the saddle I was spinning me rear wheel....gutless I tells ya.....I chickened out & descended ...slowly....what would Lance have done? (oK, apart from HGH!)

Could be worse hitchy
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/nov07/southland07/?id=results/southland073
The conditions got the better of 2005 race winner Gordon McCauley, with the Trek Zookeepers Café rider being blown from his bike while in the lead group over the closing kilometres, but the New Zealander was able to recover for a credible fourth place finish.
Jeesus.. after what happened to Paul Crake over there, ****en southland sounds like the **** end of the earth...

Hitchy said:
what would Lance have done? (oK, apart from HGH!)
He would have said to the team coach:"You're telling me the road is blocked?"
"Yes Lance, there's three feet of snow - you can't ride"
"I can't ride?"
"You cannot"
"Who says I can't ride?" and off he rides...:p

In other news Australia's Rob Lyte is still only 13 seconds off the pace after stage 2 of the Tour of Hainan::):)
General classification after stage 2

1 Jenis Galimzyanov (Rus) Russian National Team 8.15.47
2 Haijun Ma (Chn) China Skoda Team 0.09
3 Kazuya Okazaki (Jpn) Nippo Corp - Meitan Honpo Co LTD - Asada0.10
4 Sergey Kudentsov (Rus) Discovery Channel Marco Polo Team 0.11
5 Rongxi Zou (Chn) China Skoda Team 0.13
6 Pascal Hungerbuehler (Swi) Swiss National Team
7 Robert Lyte (Aus) FRF Couriers - NSWIS

And in still other news I was today forced to abandon :
a Little Creatures Bright Ale
veal scalopini and
a Felton road 2005 Pinot Noir
during the Melbourne Cup
to interview some peanut who's former boss bagged him out so badly in a reference check even his mum wouldn't give him a job.:mad::mad:

gplama said:
stayed in bed with an Olsen twin.... <borat> HI FIVE! </borat>
borat-flag-770131.jpg

gplama said:
stayed in bed with an Olsen twin.... <borat> HI FIVE! </borat>
lol

Reports now are he took that skinny chick out to dinner. That would be a cheap shout. 'Here baby, have another sultana.' On second thoughts, shes what, 12yo? so he probably brought her a happy meal at maccas.

classic1 said:
lol

Reports now are he took that skinny chick out to dinner. That would be a cheap shout. 'Here baby, have another sultana.' On second thoughts, shes what, 12yo? so he probably brought her a happy meal at maccas.

I think they've always had a thing for older men.....

full-house.jpg

Geez, thats grossing even me out.

Full House would have to be a contender for the most sacchrine and worst show ever IMO. Scientists have proven that it was actually the cause of the recent alarming rise in diabeties.

Ok, 3rd post in a row is a bit wierd but I couldn't resist this one
The Kiwis know how to have fun with the races too. All along the course they had all these signs with short quips for us to read and apparently possums are their main roadkill victims because they had like 5 or 6 of them tied up to sign posts dressed up in baby outfits holding beers. I thought they were stuffed animals until told otherwise by locals after the race. I'm sorry if you work with PETA, but that's pretty funny right?
http://www.tomzirbel.blogspot.com/

Jono L said:
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=5437&status=True
Any science out there to back up this 'old school' myth? Seems like **** to me..I thought the excercise einsteins in the power training forum had proved it to be BS...
yeah, think of all the pros and top amateur riders that could smash all of us put together, yet they've never done this, or one-legged drills, or 'ankling', or pedaled in perfect circles.....amazing how they've managed to get to the top without doing this kinda stuff. :rolleyes: :p

....and, and, and, and....I wonder how guys like Merckx even managed to smash 50kph time-trials without even knowing what all this **** was, not to mention intervals or a HR monitors, not that those things aren't useful, :)although.....i reckon the people who get the most out of intervals are those who never knew what hard riding was in the first place :p

The "pedalling, push up push down" thread is a farkn classic. :) That Fday dude (Frank Day, who sells Powercranks) is still banging on about it
http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?p=3564021#post3564021

Jono L said:
Ok, 3rd post in a row is a bit wierd but I couldn't resist this one

Tom quoted by Jono said:
The Kiwis know how to have fun with the races too. All along the course they had all these signs with short quips for us to read and apparently possums are their main roadkill victims because they had like 5 or 6 of them tied up to sign posts dressed up in baby outfits holding beers. I thought they were stuffed animals until told otherwise by locals after the race. I'm sorry if you work with PETA, but that's pretty funny right?
http://www.tomzirbel.blogspot.com/
The dead possums the K2 organisers set up holding road safety signs are a real crack up, a better use for one of the worst pests introduced into NZ I can't think of.

Jono L said:
Could be worse hitchy
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/nov07/southland07/?id=results/southland073

Jeesus.. after what happened to Paul Crake over there, ****en southland sounds like the **** end of the earth...
Exactly right. Bluff is the **** end of the earth, and Invercargill is 30km up the orifice. Don't tell anyone from Southland I said that :p

The conditions for stage 2 on day one that finishes at the top of Bluff Hill were so bad some of the riders had to walk sections of the final climb just to make forward/upward progress :eek:

haha! I think

"wow it's like mtbing, but better":D ...

Downhill cyclcross! Yeha

"American Professional Continental squad Health Net-Maxxis has announced the termination of Australian Nathan O'Neill's contract as of October 29, following the star rider's non-negative test for prescription appetite suppressant Phentermine."

Ammmarrrssss I'm dobbin! Does this mean I get bumped up one spot at the nationals TT? :)