The Thread about Nothing....

classic1 said:
jesus nev, you've got that seat pointing up in the air. You'll have to stick some stickers on the bike saying 'intruder' or 'pentrator'.
Bloody noob used the spirit level on the bars and not the seat :p
At least it's got a seat though :rolleyes: I'm surprised I didn't get any lowbrow quips after my last race report.

531Aussie said:
hmmm, interesting.
I'll use that when I argue against the mythical rotational mass. It goes partly like this: if a guy like Dempster, who weighs about 75kg (?) puts out 1400w in a sprint, that's a power to weight ratio of ~18.6w/kg. That's like my 1900kg sedan going from a 200kw engine down to a 35kw engine. Imagine trying to accelerate an EB which had suddenly lost 82% of it's power, and only had a 1cyl motor! Then try to imagine what little differnce a few kg of rim weight would make to that car accelerating so slowly.

In other words, one reason that rotating mass on a bike is bollocks is because a guy on a bike has the acceleration power of a 50-yr-old backhoe tractor trawling through 3-feet-deep mud :)
Your argument is becoming quite well though out and almost maybe somewhat possibly compelling, nearly. Wasted on us mugs of course.
And given the choice, for somewhat similar dollars I'll still go with lower rotating mass every time. I won't mention that with such a lowpowered engine that's precisely when you'd want lower rotating mass into order to maximise what acceleration you have got. But still, keep up the good work soldier :D

531Aussie said:
Imagine trying to accelerate an EB which had suddenly lost 82% of it's power, and only had a 1cyl motor!
Own one for long enough and you'll get to experience it first hand :D :p

....fark! I've got to do a head on one tomorrow... :rolleyes:

parawolf said:
You can have all of 'em... i'd prefer to go to bed alone.
Screen left, not stage left:eek:

I guess someone has standards higher than Pantani's hematacrit

jock.c said:
...or maybe not. Hit the majic link button Tigger
Yeah, go to the results. Masters A.

__DSC0015.jpg

Attention Northern TANners

Anyone else coming on the Tour de Broke?

So far I have Al, 46kg, MrM and me doing the cycling thing with MrsAl and Mrs46kg joining us afterwards.

bbp - you a definite for this?

Gus - this was your idea, so are you fronting or what? +/- MrsGus?

Jock - a definite yes or no would be appreciated and will you be flying solo or will la famiglia de Jock be attending?

Any other ******* who wants to come along PM me by tomorrow at the latest.

matagi said:
Can't go. Tin lids have dance practice on that day, so I'll be dropping off, picking up, dropping off picking up, and entertaining the lad in between.

So have fun without me (again), and I'll see if I can make the next one. In fact, the only way I'll get to fit it into the training/racing/family schedule is if I do indeed 'make it' myself. So look out for an impromptu invitation to a ride to nowhere in parts unknown at a time yet to be determined!

jock.c said:
So what's yer man's report on the tigger frame then? All good? Was it one of those 'sight unseen' OS purchases?
Most sales are 'sight unseen' in the tradional sense, Jock. Some sales are as a result of frames being out there, but when you do less than 100 frames a year, it's mostly Internet presence that generates sales.

That will change as we get bigger though.

Rich is stoked with his frame. Well, stoked enough to race it from sea to sea across Central America for 3 days, 360kms in total, 3400m highest point with no gears and no suspension.

matagi said:
Attention Northern TANners

Anyone else coming on the Tour de Broke?

So far I have Al, 46kg, MrM and me doing the cycling thing with MrsAl and Mrs46kg joining us afterwards.

bbp - you a definite for this?

Gus - this was your idea, so are you fronting or what? +/- MrsGus?

Jock - a definite yes or no would be appreciated and will you be flying solo or will la famiglia de Jock be attending?

Any other ******* who wants to come along PM me by tomorrow at the latest.
I'm in like that Flynn fella
not sure how many sheila's to bring

I get the feeling a couple of them will just go for the extended breakfast option.

bbp said:
la de da double post. Nothing to see here.
Nice looking bike Nev, ride nice?
yep, nice and stiff

I forgot how stiff some of the old 3ttt Forge stems were. Grouse