The Thread about Nothing....

Gusboh said:
Also what's that John Dory guys, are we here or there?
Since your absence young gus my boy, the joint has split into many pieces, sometimes here sometimes there. Even there its split again into two threads :confused:
At least here some decent bike talk is to be had occasionally ;) Anywhere else it's mainly a lonely hearts club me thinks but no one is getting a root :p

Hey cranky are you in jail or suffink?

coneofsilence said:
I like how they tilted the camera to make it look like hes going up hill.
Look at the angle of the trees in the background. They're straight up, which means the shot is not tilted. That part of the climb (Winch Corner) is quoted as 20% or 23% gradient depending on who you ask about it. I can't verify the gradient as I didn't take a protractor and a bit of string, but I'll try to remember for next year.

I took that photo and the camera was level when I took it. It's not doctored. That is how steep that part of the course is. It's only like that for about 10 metres :)
I climbed it a couple of years ago (39x27) at 90kg, and it was some beast .. the 6km took me 55 minutes. Zigzagging ... :eek:

^ I think he was joking
thumb.gif

everyone knows that Baw Baw goes 'straight' up.

And you took the picture? Why weren't you doing it? :)

531Aussie said:
^ I think he was joking
thumb.gif

It takes me 3 and a bit hours to get up Hotham these days! I save my efforts for races of about 750m total length, and dead flat :eek:

Baw Baw's a climb you have to do at least once in your life, it's like a Warny ... do it once or twice to prove you can do it, then wax lyrical about past glories .. "nice hill, but it's no Baw Baw ..." "yeah, long race, but it's no Warny ..." ;)

Albert 50 said:
Since your absence young gus my boy, the joint has split into many pieces, sometimes here sometimes there. Even there its split again into two threads :confused:
At least here some decent bike talk is to be had occasionally ;) Anywhere else it's mainly a lonely hearts club me thinks but no one is getting a root :p

Hey cranky are you in jail or suffink?
Al (or Bert?) - it's supposed to be the same thread over there. Do you think there's some rule that you can't talk about bikes in Brian's forum? And what's this talking about bikes for umpteen years on the TAT, TAN, TABA anyway? I thought the process was - age 10: talk about bikes all the time... age 14: talk about girls all the time.... age 17: talk about cars all the time. Just ride the bike Al. It's about the pedalling... :D

And the BABE thread was set up just as a vehicle to help some other members from CF (in the FID thread) migrate. I thought I was helping out your friends, Tigger and Brian/expatriate. But most of those members won't migrate permanently it seems unless cycling forums implodes. Which seems to be the unspoken rule with you guys.

BTW - If I ever get to ride with you on a TAN ride someday, don't get on my wheel or you'll be eating asphalt... I'll be one mean m'farker ex-con with a vendetta... :D :D :D

PS - I'm banking on the "50" in your handle being your age once. If it isn't I'm only joking of course. You are one of the best and funniest posters in here... ;)

What's the go with the "welcome to Sydney" ride for MsM?

There's a notional route, but do we have a proposed day/date in mind? She arrives early June, so I reckon early/mid July might be the go.

matagi said:
What's the go with the "welcome to Sydney" ride for MsM?

There's a notional route, but do we have a proposed day/date in mind? She arrives early June, so I reckon early/mid July might be the go.
She arrives around mid July AFAIK. She doesn't finish her job in Brizz until July 4th.

Crankyfeet said:
She arrives around mid July AFAIK. She doesn't finish her job in Brizz until July 4th.
Woops! Ok, then late July/early August as a nominal date.

matagi said:
Woops! Ok, then late July/early August as a nominal date.
You might want to make it as close to her arrival in Sydney as possible. I'm sensing from posts in the other forum that Dee is not yet fixed on her eventual city/country of permanent encampment.

531Aussie said:
is this the beer experts forum? :)

What beers are a similar style to Corona, but cheaper? I don't mind Corona, coz it's easy on the head and it tastes ok, but it's a farkin rip-off! Some joints sell the 6-packs for $19.50, and each stubby is only 1.2 standard drinks!!
"Amsterdam" lager.$8.99 for a 4pack of 500ml cans. All malt,lightly hopped north Euro lager and the best value beer around.
Get it from :) Dan Murphy's.

This is gunna sound really bad, but I forgot who sent me the Paris-Roubaix DVD, so whomever you are, thanks! Watched it this morning, clever race from Poonen.

531Aussie said:
^ I think he was joking
thumb.gif

Hey Nev, I saw you riding East in South Road on satdy...F.uck dude, 45 - 50 kph beside Harvey Norman was VERY impressive, especially as you were obviously heading home....:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool:

Crankyfeet said:
Al - it's supposed to be the same thread over there.
I've slowly come to the realisation that I don't have enough time in my life to continue spending the hours I have over the last couple of years reading forums. I don't want to call the time I've spent so far as wasted time because I have learnt a lot in the last couple of years. More than just bike stuff. For starters my spelling & typing skills have improved:p
I guess what I'm saying is I've decided to spend less time forum looking/posting. Having multiple sites to wade through doesn't help :) Our club has a forum also that I keep up to date with.

And the BABE thread was set up just as a vehicle to help some other members from CF (in the FID thread) migrate. I thought I was helping out your friends, Tigger and Brian/expatriate. But most of those members won't migrate permanently it seems unless cycling forums implodes. Which seems to be the unspoken rule with you guys.
Brians livelihood depends on people contributing to the sites he represents, no posters, no job, it's that simple. He is trying to drum up business & good on him for that. He really does owe you a beer though :D

BTW - If I ever get to ride with you on a TAN ride someday, don't get on my wheel or you'll be eating asphalt... I'll be one mean m'farker ex-con with a vendetta... :D :D :D
Sure when you're in town. Sorry about the 'inside' reference but you seem to have a lot of time available to hang around these joints.

I'm banking on the "50" in your handle being your age once.
Yup, I was when I signed up in 06. I didn't add the 50 by choice, but Albert was already taken. Not that that is my name but a teacher used to call me Albert & it became a nickname for a few years.

Wattsy Rules said:
Hey Nev, I saw you riding East in South Road on satdy...F.uck dude, 45 - 50 kph beside Harvey Norman was VERY impressive, especially as you were obviously heading home....:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool:
eh, it was a fair tailwind, :p and I was really rushing home coz it was starting to **** down