The Thread about Nothing....

531Aussie said:
Well, someone on here blabbed that his name was Stewart, and he was ****** off and freaked out a bit (it wasn't fkn me who blabbed his name :D). :p He got freaked out, and I reckon his missus said that he should stop messing with a bunch of nutters on the net that he doesn't even know, so he nicked orf :D
Yeah I do sorta feel like I maybe stirred him up too much. I dont think he got my crappy gags at all and once I realised he was getting shitty I just would stir him for fun. And well it all went downhill from there. MsMerida reckons he is ok and he probably is.

Although the way he went bananas over the cardboard bike was farken comedy gold.

531Aussie said:
Hey baby, I need much more than that :)

Nah, just kidding! I'm a size 43 cycling shoe, so my party pump is only 6" :p

Tell all ya friends :D
Ok, if you insist .......

HEY EVERYONE! OZMAN'S GOT A 6 INCH WILLIE!

matagi said:
Ok, if you insist .......

HEY EVERYONE! OZMAN'S GOT A 6 INCH WILLIE!
That's right!! Deal with it!! :p I've found over the years that 6" is enough to touch the bottom with any chick under about 5'6" :D

531Aussie said:
eh...I'd hit this mouse I'm holding if the ball hole was big enough :p
LOL! Being more depraved than Classo= major achievement deserving of a OAM in the New Years Honours List.

531Aussie said:
That's right!! Deal with it!! :p I've found over the years that 6" is enough to touch the bottom with any chick under about 5'6" :D
... define touch the bottom...

stevebaby said:
Parts List
Frame as described, newly chromed fork
Velocity Synergy rims with NOS Shimano 600AX hubs
Choice of 3 Brooks saddles..B17,Swallow, Swift,all honey
Choice of Campag, SR or DuraAce seatposts (all NOS)
Shimano Crane short cage RD or Arabesque, S/H but in good nick
Cambio Rino 2 bolt stem, anodised gold
Nitto Randonneur bars with Velo-Orange elkskin stitched covers, new
DuraAce BB, forgotten how old it is but NOS
Shimano Parrapull brakes NOS with DuraAce levers, NOS
DuraAce cranks and chainrings, 52X42, S/H, polished
CambioRino racing pedals,NOS, anodised green.
Is all that Shimano duraace stuff 80's stuff?

The old man has a Crane derailleur somewhere. I think Crane was mid-70's - Crane = duraace.

stevebaby said:
"The Golden Age of Handbuilt Bicycles" and its companion volume "The Golden Age of Competition Bicycles".
I have a feeling I brought one of these but haven't read it! I've got that many books I haven't read. :rolleyes: Maybe I brought it for dad for a birthday or something? I better have a look.

classic1 said:

The old man has a Crane derailleur somewhere. I think Crane was mid-70's - Crane = duraace.

I have a feeling I brought one of these but haven't read it! I've got that many books I haven't read. :rolleyes: Maybe I brought it for dad for a birthday or something? I better have a look.
All the DuraAce is 7400 stuff. You're right on the money with the Crane. I had the idea at the time I bought it ,that Crane RDs were becoming rare but they can be found.
I'm in two minds about using the Parrapull brakes, which are becoming rare, particularly NOS. Great looking brakes, kind of like the Campag Deltas.

******* computer won't let me post an image, so here's the whole page.

http://velobase.com/ViewSingleComponent.aspx?ID=1984ed04-207f-433d-a825-fefbefd62dd0&Enum=117

The bike will either look unique and brilliant, or like a Kmart Xmas tree. I'll never know till I put it together, so onward and upward as my apple-cheeked Grandma used to say when she worked the waterfront. When it's assembled I'm gunna get a six-pack and sit in the garage and just look at it lol.
6 speed freewheels are becoming exy. Very ordinary new ones were selling in the States for neaqrly $US 100 with freight. Tell'em they're dreamin', son.

531Aussie said:
Damn bourbon, and damn 3-hour edit window

Ah well :D
I thought there had to be an explanation for your unusual candour. :p :D

But just to make you suffer for a little while longer, I have edited my sig in your honour. ;)

classic1 said:

I think you've mentioned some of your Dad's stuff before IIRC. Jeez, It must be like a treasure trove of Australian cycling history in his garage.
:)
That bloody book is what really set me on the path to ruin lol.As soon as I saw the French constructeur bikes I lusted after one...till I saw how much they cost! :eek: Craftsmanship always costs.
I "casually" mentioned what a good investment a Herse or a Singer would be, but I have a bad back and I don't think I can sleep on the couch for the rest of my life.

matagi said:
I thought there had to be an explanation for your unusual candour. :p :D

But just to make you suffer for a little while longer, I have edited my sig in your honour. ;)
:D :D :D

Bugger...brian's banned 'Flyer' already...& I was just warming up!...getting banned after 1 day must be a new record, even for him....the challenge is in front of you Vadar! :D

531Aussie said:
eh......5th :(

Tough race. It's always farkin windy out there :p

If anyone thinks vets is gunna be a breeze when they turn 35, think again :D

Harden up old boy. Just give me a few years and I'll be there ripping into you zimmer frame racers.

According to CSVs write up of the Masters Games, I'm already a member of the Southern Vets..