The Thread about Nothing....

Hitchy said:
I remember they used to have a 'breathalizer' mchine on the wall. :D
Those things were ********! :p I was pretty smashed one night at Transformers (that's right, Transformers! :p), and I only blew 0.08!!

531Aussie said:
I don't wanna sound like someone who's fallen for some gimmicky marketing, but I bought some Sidi Genius 6.6s, and there might actually be something to this uber-stiff carbon sole thing. Either that or it's in me head :)

Kennedy is someone who dismisses unnecessary stuff, but super-stiff soles is one thing he's REALLY adamant about. He once asked me to hunt down Duegi Keirin shoes on the net for him, coz he likes the stiff wooden soles. And he sells those Bont shoes, coz he reckons the stiff soles are grouse
I had a pair of Diadoras in the early 90's with carbon soles, same as what the MG/GB team used. Compatible with Look or the proprietry Diadora pedal system. Good shoes, but I thought they were too stiff.

BTW, the old man loved the Diadora pedals and was ****** off they never really took off and were discontinued. Pros were using them for 2 or so years after they stopped making them. I reckon if they had have used Look cleat drillings they would have been a hit.

classic1 said:
I had a pair of Diadoras in the early 90's with carbon soles, same as what the MG/GB team used. Compatible with Look or the proprietry Diadora pedal system. Good shoes, but I thought they were too stiff.
Hmmm, interesting.

I didn't even know Diadora made shoes back then!

What ever happened to Campag pedals?

Got the TCR stripped... time to build it up with my existing DuraAce bits tomorrow.. so if anyone is in the market for bits lemme know... I'm cheaper than PBK and WAY cheaper than Ribbles plus flights.

All straight off the Giant, not ridden...

DuraAce 7800 Crankset (172.5 53/11) No bb.
DuraAce 7800 Brake set (pads etc). Mrs might have her eye on these...
DuraAce 7800 Rear Derailleur (short cage/standard)
Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL (Silver) 2006 I think... and skewers.

More shite to come once I've finished tooling around..

531Aussie said:
Hmmm, interesting.

I didn't even know Diadora made shoes back then!

What ever happened to Campag pedals?
Diadora have been making bike shoes at least since the early 80's.

Which Campag pedals? SGR or Pro fit?

The old SGR's were ridiculous. First time I ever saw a pair was on Scott McGrory's bike at Leongatha in a wheelrace heat. I remember thinking 'wow, he has those $400 pedals in his bike', then he pulled his foot out of them. LOL. They weighed something stupid like 650gms a pair as well.

They still make Profit AFAIK. I wouldn't use them if you paid me. See Weseman having problems with them 2 years running in Paris-Roubaix, Zabel 'knackering' himself in a Tour bunch sprint or my mate pulling a foot and stacking on the track at Warragul for evidence of why they suck.

classic1 said:
Which Campag pedals? SGR or Pro fit?
Not sure. The ones that look a bit like Shimanos.

I have a mate with Italian parents, so he farkin wants everythink on his Ciocc and Olmo to be Italian, and he was ****** off that he couldn't get Italian pedals, :p

bbp said:
And no I don't know who or what I meant by that either :eek: I earnt today's headache tobesure.
Happy Mardi Gras everyone :D

Wow and I thought the tiger snakes I saw were big enough. This one's freaking enormous.
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/cspeyer/200901Tasmania#5298356791641531010
I met this guy when I was on the turps in Hobart on Australia Day, he'd sold his house in London, then quit his job at a law firm and decided to come to Oz and ride back to England. He's prepared to take a couple of years. Not sure on his route or planned countries yet, but I'm not sure he is either. He'd just started when I met him, then he went down to SouthEast Cape, the lowest point in Australia, which I'd wanted to get to as well but didn't, and he's nearing Sydney now, so I'll put him up for a day or two and get the goss. Some great emailed reports from him already, he's putting in some big days unlike my little ones. Should be interesting getting updates from him over the next couple of years.

bbp said:
And no I don't know who or what I meant by that either :eek: I earnt today's headache tobesure.
Happy Mardi Gras everyone :D
Was about to ask did you want to burn me of filpper???

So speaking of PBK prices...! PD-7810 pedals (DuraAce, wide platform, blahblah). A$294.95

They were A$182 back in June 2007 when I got mine. They were as low as A$148 sometime last year when I was thinking of getting two more sets, yeah, I like em. I know the dollar has dropped, but get farked.

PD-7810:
Wiggle: $360.11
Rib...er.. Etihad Airways: AU$309.35

Looks like Shimano have solved the 'Internet is cheaper' issue, by jacking up prices like a mother f*%ker. Pisses me off that we've all been farked over by these large corporates screwing up - then we're paying close on double for **** like this. I hate the retail bike industry, world wide.

SEGFTG said:
Was about to ask did you want to burn me of filpper???
As far as I know, Flipper caught a bad case of life: :) more work, much more responsibility at work, and more stuff with his family. He was right into racing at Eastern Vets last season and the season before, but I haven't seen him at all this season

gplama said:
Looks like Shimano have solved the 'Internet is cheaper' issue, by jacking up prices like a mother f*%ker. Pisses me off that we've all been farked over by these large corporates screwing up - .......
Yeah, it's obviously totally farkin **** at the moment.

A few months ago, DA 7800 shanks were about $305 on PBK. At that time, I bought some slightly used ones from Bicycle Recylce, saying to the guy that I'd happily buy them off him if he could match, or get even close to, PBK's price. He did so, so I brang them off him for $300. Well, about 3 weels after that, they farkn skyrocketed to $380, then to $400, and now they're farkin $433!!!!
http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=D1039

Same deal with the 7800 DA levers: 6 months ago they were about $290, and now they're farkin $441!!!!

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=D1040

531Aussie said:
eh.....how much do you want for the shanks?

PBK lists A$433.75 (Fark!), best I can find on eBay is AU$375+50postage! (Farkn!). 350 I guess would be a good price.

If you want to blow a Shimano load, Cecil have the 7900 crankset for $986.00! I hate that so much that I want to work for Shimano.... because if you can't beat em (or afford them), join em! :)