The Thread about Nothing....

Hmmm, that's a bit out of reach at the moment, in fact, I dunno why I even asked you, coz I've got no money at the moment,. :p
I bought some used ones off Hitchy a couple of years ago for $250!! :)

531Aussie said:
I bought some used ones off Hitchy a couple of years ago for $250!! :)

....& they were farkin A1 too!...plus I seem to recall I got some 9 speed cranks, which duely got passed on to Philby!....fark if I hadda known DA cranks were gunna 'appreciate' in value, I'd have put my whole farkin super scheme into them!....Did I mention I lost 30.84% last Q....farkin merchant bankers!....still when the revolution comes, I have some comfort in knowing that those bastards will be the 1st "stood up against the wall"...closely followed by anyone under 80 kgs! :D

531Aussie said:
As far as I know, Flipper caught a bad case of life: :) more work, much more responsibility at work, and more stuff with his family. He was right into racing at Eastern Vets last season and the season before, but I haven't seen him at all this season
Yeah, can happen to the best of em... **** i think it could happen to me anyday sometimes - 2 kids currently understanding (but for how long?) wife and too much farkin work... it all adds up:(

Hey Internet price ninjas.... Price check on isle Lama... "2006 Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL Wheel Set. Clincher. Silver. As new, not ridden. Mavic skewers included".

Kennedy has the 'wheel' for $733 (+550 for the set!?): AU$1283
US sites list them around US750-900ish

I think I've scored a better set of wheels than first thought. (except for their aerodynamic properties, but don't let facts get in the way of a good sale!).

What should I be seeking? AU1k? $900?

SEGFTG said:
Yeah, can happen to the best of em... **** i think it could happen to me anyday sometimes - 2 kids currently understanding (but for how long?) wife and too much farkin work... it all adds up:(
That's right! :) Good luck. :D
The guys I know who 'get around things' usually end up doing their training early morning, tuck the kids into bed early at night, then drop off ten minutes later at about 8:30pm :p

Hitchy said:
....& they were farkin A1 too:D
Yeah, good deal! :D

I also thought they were gunna come down in price. The 7800s were $720 in some ******** shops a few years ago, then dropped to around $600 in most; then Cecil Walker had them for $540; then I got some for cost at $490; then....well....that's the end..............now they're going up :p

gplama said:
What should I be seeking? AU1k? $900?
I sold a pair of them for $850 two years ago. So assuming they be glorious in nature then you could easy ask for a kilo fresh.

classic1 said:
Fruck me!

That is a monster.
Fat bastards like that one taste better.
Throw the fecker in a roasting pan with a few spuds and some pumpkin. That'll wipe the grin off his/her rotten little reptilian head.
Did I ever tell ya about the time I tried to kill a cobra with a bb gun?

stevebaby said:
Oh Jesus, I'm never drinking red wine again as long as I live.
1996 Chateau Labegorce last night - I feel fine. :D

Oh yeah, Sydneysiders - Bistro Ortolan in Leichhardt is well worth a visit, exquisite food.

The dollar in this part of the world may be farked, but it's still cheaper over the net than in the local shops.

I just bought a Polar speed sensor from Total Cycling for GBP26 air mailed. About NZD$75 at the current exchange rate. I was quoted NZD$150 from my local shop.

I hope that Total doesn't have the same deal with Etihad as Ribble :confused:

matagi said:
1996 Chateau Labegorce last night - I feel fine. :D

Oh yeah, Sydneysiders - Bistro Ortolan in Leichhardt is well worth a visit, exquisite food.
St. Halletts something for me. It tasted fine at the time but there must have ben something wrong with it 'coz I feel crook.
I was out on the bike yesterday when I spoted some young blokes in the park riding trials bikes. They were pulling some amazing stunts, jumping their bikes 3 ft. onto a sandstone wall and jumping from sandstone block to block, all from a standing start. they were doing some pretty impressive trackstands too.
My first thought was "What a great way to meet lots of nurses! I want one." lol, but I think I've exceeded my quota of fractures for one lifetime
Wish I still had my trials motorcycle.
My mum left it out on the footpath. :mad:

I just watched the Tour of Californication on TV

I farkin ****** myself when Armstrong knocked off Leipheimer. :D

Also, what was with the huge amount of seppos dressed like dickheads running along next to the riders? I've never seen anything like it. I don't get all the 'woot woots' from the seppo spectators either. Are they doing owl or monkey impersonations?