The Thread about Nothing....

gplama said:
1500m climbing in a time trial..!? Those whacked out Italians handing the Giro to Contatard on a plate!?
Yep, just like they pushed Moser along that time with the TV helicopter in the TT, then held up his rival (I can't remember who) :)

classic1 said:
I bet some of you gheybos love Billy Joel. Billy Joel has sucked 24/7 since he was born.
Yep, I did when I was a teenager teaching myself piano. In fact, I thought I was him. :p

Notes-06-june.gif

".....I'll meet you any time you want
In our Italian Restaurant."
:D
Notes-06-june.gif

Then, when I turned 18 and saw the piano bar guys at the Chevron, ToK H, etc, i thoght they were the coolest guys on earth. :p

classic1 said:
I have a confession to make. I'm a closet Rod Stewart fan. I reckon Hot Legs and Stay With Me and Stone Cold Sober are ace and sing my head off when I hear them.

I'll qualify that by stating pre-Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? Rod Stewart is ace.
Eh...not a bad song. It grooves along as good as any dance song, I reckon.

Hitchy said:
Actually...I'll vote with Ma...For mine, gunt & cnut have been used to death & are boring.
+ 1 :)
Rod Stewart: Maggie May
Billy Joel: Allen Town
Loop the Lake report:
Sunday 7am start and the Temp crept up to 16. No official start time, just go when ready. Prolly about 6,000 this year I'd say up on last year's 3-4,000.
As usual a beautiful day, well supported, water every 10k, muffins at 35k (pretty good when you got up at 4.30 and drove for 2 hours to the start), fruit at 60k. First 30 k rollings hills, not as bad as Adelaide, might I say. About 55k we crested the Big Prawn, declining to stop with the puffing walkers, and after a few more pinches rolled down to Swansea for a sip of coffee, passing straight by the "fruit stop" and rolling on through the last 20k. A truly beautiful 85k; and loads of fun.
Nuffies: I saw a few.
As we started, a guy rode straight into a handrail decorated in Red and White striped tape, for safety, as he fell rather than clipping out, he tried to grab the handrail WTF?
The Griswolds stood out. "Clark" wobbled along trying to call his wife on a mobile while squashing the mountain bike groaning under him. "Rusty"'s 'bike' had a spoke sticking out that was fouling the derailleur.:eek: I asked him if he knew what the noise was, as I tried to get from behind them on the steep slope where they'd stopped suddenly at the lights. He pointed out he'd got this far, what was another 60k? He'd just got off the train 1 k before. As we took off, the red lycra clad, bootie wearer I just managed to move behind, hoping to avoid the inevitable Griswold disaster, failed to get either foot clipped in, wildly pedalling he fell on top of his new Colnago, there was a sickening crack from what sounded like the frame.
One guy on his new road bike was given a tute on what makes the gears make that shocking noise, and the use of the half click, by my cycling companion. Why do people think the best place to try out the new bike is with 6,000 others in a 50 cm bike lane next to traffic traveling at 90kph?
We decided those with mirrors were the ones to avoid, though I really think the ones with cracked mirrors deserved the most attention. Just please keep to the left!!!!!
No active ambo's attending fractured collarbones like last year's, but a lot of people just fell off. :)

46kgToDate said:
Loop the Lake report:........
Should've stopped at the fruit stop - I've always found that the best bit, although the muffin stop isn't too bad either.

It's a nice ride too, around the lake. You should try it during the week when there's only the coal trucks to worry about. ;)

Basic rule for these rides is: take the best bike you can afford to lose. Especially given the examples of "stunt riding" you witnessed. :D

531Aussie said:
Yep, just like they pushed Moser along that time with the TV helicopter in the TT, then held up his rival (I can't remember who) :)
Fignon. Moser beat him by two and a half minutes in the last TT, to win by 1 minute and a bit overall.

classic1 said:
You owe us a farkin story.

Which one?....thought you blokes were heartily sick of ‘Hitchy reminisces’ :D

Jack Elliotts wooden spoon: This was the year that CAAAARRRLLTTOOON won their 1st ever ‘spoon’, musta been around ’03 or something. Now I don’t know about the rest of you blokes, but I hate ‘em…always have, always will…I won’t even talk to a Carlton supporter!…I think it’s genetic, anyway, obviously any chance to stick it up ‘em is not something that ya let pass by.

As it happens, the Bombers were playing the ‘baggers’ in round 22 of whatever year it was, we hadn’t made the finals (I don’t think), but that was irrelevant because the ‘baggers’ had won the spoon & that gave us an enormous amount of joy!….it was always gunna be on ‘for young & old’. A mate that I always go to the footy with is a ‘chippy’, & decided that he would make a ‘wooden spoon’ to ‘wave’ at them at the game…turns out the bloody thing was 6ft tall. A work of art it was, ‘turned’ on the lathe at work, nicely painted blue, with blue & white streamers attached. We all wrote ‘charming’ messages on it & a little ‘love note’ in a card from S.N.Don. :D

After tackling the problems of getting the bloody thing in the car & getting it past the redcoats at the ‘G’ we were all set. Turns out there was about 50,000 Bomber supporters with the same idea….all waving wooden spoons at the ‘baggers’ & giving them heaps…most of ‘em were ‘conventional’ sizes…ours was by far the biggest. To add to our enjoyment, it was an ‘away’ game, which meant we were sitting in the ‘outer’ with all the ‘non member’ ‘bagger’ fans…..oh what a day we had!.....much mirth, plenty of grog & from memory we won the game….50,000 wooden spoons doing the ‘UP, UP’ from the club song at the end of the game :D

Anyway, a few celebratory ‘grogs’ were had after the game, mighta been a visit to the ‘Gallery’ & before we knew it, it was 3am & we’re heading home (Hitchy had a pre-arranged ‘leave pass’ which he’d used about 6 months worth of ‘brownie points’ to gain!). We still had our ‘spoon’ & decided that as we were driving down Royal Pde, it would be remiss of us not to hand deliver it to the occupants at ‘Price Fixer park’ & do a few ‘doughies’ in their carpark at the same time, whilst hanging out the window singing the Bombers song! :D…. Sadly, no-one was there that we could present it too (well, it was the wee small hours!). Bitterly disappointed, we were contemplating whether we could ‘get in’ & run it up a flag pole, when another mate piped up…”Why don’t we take it ‘round to Jack’s place in Toorak”?. Turns out this mate, a ‘sparky’,had done some work at Jack’s joint about 6 months ago & knew where he lived….we didn’t need much more encouragement! :D

4am… somewhere in Toorak…4 blokes trying to look as inconspicuous as possible, (can you see the picture?...3 of us drunk as skunks, carrying a 6ft blue wooden spoon around the streets of toorak?...inconspicuous?…LOL :D)…Anyway, we lob at big Jack’s joint…all is quiet, all is dark. He had this 9ft high wall with steel ‘grated gates’ at the front, ….unfortunately for him, he also had a doorbell at the gates….so after about 10 minutes of just leaning on it!...we hear thru the intercom…”fark off you cnuts” (sorry Ma), “I’ve called the police”….hmmm, we decided that it might be wise to ‘fark off’, but me mate grabbed the ‘spoon’ & ran up & down past the ‘grate’ banging it on each of the steel uprights the gate was made of….’bang, bang, bang, bang’ one way, then ‘bang, bang, bang, bang’ back again! :D…next thing we know, there’s Big Jack coming at us armed with a golf club…screaming abuse, chasing us down the street in his boxers…(not a sight I care to remember!)….we’ve chucked the ‘spoon’ over his fence & decamped as quickly as we could…thankfully, our drunken staggers were more than a match for Big Jack’s 80 ‘durries’ a day, fitness level…so we got away….

A few months later we were at a club function, mingling with the players (probably the ‘family day’ the following year). Was having a word to ‘sheeds’ in the social club & told him the story…he thought it was hilarious & reckoned if we hadda brought the spoon to training before the game, he’d have signed it too! :D

The Northern Combine winter calender is out.

Can anyone confirm as a non NC member but CA licence holder I can freely enter all these events as ought to be my FARKEN RIGHT as a CA licence holder?

And dont tell me I need to get a note from my mum to race cos that is googlygoogoogargar.

God it gives me the *****. Please let me know the good news that we can all race these cool events put on by the NC.

Yours sincerely,
Biterman

Geoff Vadar said:

Can anyone confirm as a non NC member but CA licence holder I can freely enter all these events as ought to be my FARKEN RIGHT as a CA licence holder?

And dont tell me I need to get a note from my mum to race cos that is googlygoogoogargar.

God it gives me the *****. Please let me know the good news that we can all race these cool events put on by the NC.

Yours sincerely,
Biterman

Yep...pretty much, except for the 'championships'...the ones restricted to combine members are highlighted on the program

... & ya need a letter from your mum....or club rep. This isn't an NC rule it's a CSV rule....argue it with them if ya not happy

Hitchy said:
Yep...pretty much, except for the 'championships'...the ones restricted to combine members are highlighted on the program

... & ya need a letter from your mum....or club rep. This isn't an NC rule it's a CSV rule....argue it with them if ya not happy
Dont worry I hate CSV. I think they are bungholes. I will blame them.

So basically I can race in everything that has cash up for grabs and the only ones I cant race only give out medals. Awesome. Medals are ghey anyway! You cant eat them and you cant use them as currency at Maccas on the way home.

Geoff Vadar said:

Yours sincerely,
Biterman
+1 bazillionty, its a farken joke that CSV puts up this needless obstacle to club racing.
When it comes to winter RR's NC ***** all over EC

Geoff Vadar said:
Dont worry I hate CSV. I think they are bungholes. I will blame them.

So basically I can race in everything that has cash up for grabs and the only ones I cant race only give out medals. Awesome. Medals are ghey anyway! You cant eat them and you cant use them as currency at Maccas on the way home.

I think CCCC give out 'blanket' letters covering any event, have a word to Mal, the combine will accept that.

Do you have a copy of the program?......it pretty much spells out what's, what

Hitchy said:
I think CCCC give out 'blanket' letters covering any event, have a word to Mal, the combine will accept that.

Do you have a copy of the program?......it pretty much spells out what's, what
Yeah. Its a good little program but there is a lot of misinformation out there in 'da hood' about what you can and cant do. We need to get smarter about promoting these club run events across the state. Speaking of vampires. CSV are the vampires. Sucking the life out of all innovation.

Boooooooooooooooooo.

SEGFTG said:
+1 bazillionty, its a farken joke that CSV puts up this needless obstacle to club racing.
When it comes to winter RR's NC ***** all over EC

Don’t get me started on CSV….as a past president of the NC I’ve had more than my fair share of arguments with them. For a mob that are supposed to promote cycle racing they put up a lot of obstacles to groups that are trying to run races, believe me…

…a classic example, the NC has run the ‘Eric Hall’ 3 day tour over the queens birthday long weekend, for about 50 years…Tour de France type thing, but for 3 days…5 grades, so everyone has a an opportunity to have a go. In the past it’s been restricted to NC members, but for the past couple of years we’ve been trying to get it on the calendar as an ‘open’….doesn’t interfere with anything else on the metro calendar…but you reckon they’ll let us?...nope

CSV : “OK, but you have to give us 50% of your entry fee’s”
NC: “What for”?
CSV: “For commissares etc”
NC: we don’t want your commissaries, we’ve got our own”
CSV: “Doesn’t matter, no cash, no ‘open’”
NC: “OK, help us find a sponsor to put up some cash”
CSV: “BWHAHAHAHA”

Hitchy said:
Don’t get me started on CSV….as a past president of the NC I’ve had more than my fair share of arguments with them. For a mob that are supposed to promote cycle racing they put up a lot of obstacles to groups that are trying to run races, believe me…

…a classic example, the NC has run the ‘Eric Hall’ 3 day tour over the queens birthday long weekend, for about 50 years…Tour de France type thing, but for 3 days…5 grades, so everyone has a an opportunity to have a go. In the past it’s been restricted to NC members, but for the past couple of years we’ve been trying to get it on the calendar as an ‘open’….doesn’t interfere with anything else on the metro calendar…but you reckon they’ll let us?...nope

CSV : “OK, but you have to give us 50% of your entry fee’s”
NC: “What for”?
CSV: “For commissares etc”
NC: we don’t want your commissaries, we’ve got our own”
CSV: “Doesn’t matter, no cash, no ‘open’”
NC: “OK, help us find a sponsor to put up some cash”
CSV: “BWHAHAHAHA”
Yeah it's just like the Fed govt, state govt, local council mess we've got here. State level has no real clout cos they arent functioning on a nationwide level, and they dont really connect with the people as they arent present at the local level.
I'm sure (I hope!) CSV does contribute on some levels, but I have to wonder how it would go if the system was stripped back to just CA' and local clubs, with more money and more ability to deal directly with any other local club.

bbp said:
Here's another nice one! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190292558437

"It is a damaged item, good for spare parts or maybe it can be repaired"

3ffc_12.JPG

Yep, that should buff right out. ;)