The Thread about Nothing....

roshea said:
Here's another nice one! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190292558437

"It is a damaged item, good for spare parts or maybe it can be repaired"

3ffc_12.JPG

Yep, that should buff right out. ;)
A bit of wet n' dry and she'll be apples mate.Not. Unfortunately...not the bargain it appears to be since the unfortunate buyer will have to set aside a few bucks to shout the orthopod and nurses a few drinkies after they put him/her (pc) back together, when the farken wheel disintegrates.

531Aussie said:
Pissa.

My two-bit theory #19: We hate the clubs which were a threat to our club when we were young and impressionable. :) This means for me, as a Richmond supporter, it's mostly Carlton, then Collingwood. I reckon I'm still a bit scarred from the 1972 GF; and the only GF I ever went to was 1982 -- :( each time it rained they caught up. At least I got to see that chick get her gear off. :) Winning in '73 and '74 was enough for me not to give a **** about North and Hawthorn through the rest of the '70s. Then girls took over after 1980, so I didn't give a **** no more :D
Memories of 77 are vague. Memories of 79, 80 (night - Pies were robbed blind- and day GF's), 81, 02 and 03 are as fresh as yesterday. Yes, I farkin hate Carlton, Nth Melbourne, Richmond, Carlton, Carlton, Brisbane and farkin Carlton with a passion.

::dom:: said:
Just though you guys may be interested in a 2008 Masi Specialé Fixed 56 on eBay.com.au

I'd love to buy it but it's pick up only in Epping, NSW... and I'm about 4000km away.

Auction ends in around 20mins

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Masi-Speciale-Commuter-Fixed-Single-Gear_W0QQitemZ120385998140QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Sport_Cycling_Bikes?hash=item120385998140&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
How the mighty have fallen. Masi was one of if not the most respected names in cycling. I can not think of an instance where such a respected name has been prostituted out as much as the Masi name.

Wilchemy said:
The trouble is Ozman, where, close to the city, are you going to find a road racing circuit that can be raced without full road closure and has no traffic lights, minimal traffic, limited intersections requiring marshalls etc?
Yep, I know the problems with the logistics; I'm just saying I can't be farked. :p I'd rather do a crit once a month over winter at Dunlop Rd, or somewhere similar?

Wilchemy said:
Or you could always head down to LittleRiver and race with the in-breeders at Footscray CC ...
Yer not far wrong. I used to be a member there. Word was that you didn't need a license to race if you had Waterside Union card or a letter from your parole officer.

I will give them one thing though. Footscray CC riders have the best roadcraft of any of the suburban clubs. Those guys knew how to ride their bikes and weren't shy about educating newcomers.

classic1 said:
How the mighty have fallen. Masi was one of if not the most respected names in cycling. I can not think of an instance where such a respected name has been prostituted out as much as the Masi name.
What about Bottecchia, Raleigh and Gitane? They're probably no better than Meridas now. And I think Basso and Viner are now just more cookie-cut frames out of Asia :p

cs124 said:
Yer not far wrong. I used to be a member there. Word was that you didn't need a license to race if you had Waterside Union card or a letter from your parole officer.

I will give them one thing though. Footscray CC riders have the best roadcraft of any of the suburban clubs. Those guys knew how to ride their bikes and weren't shy about educating newcomers.
LOL.

Footscray used to ride 100 mile club races in the lead up to the Warnie.

531Aussie said:
What about Bottecchia, Raleigh and Gitane? They're probably no better than Meridas now. And I think Basso and Viner are now just more cookie-cut frames out of Asia :p
and more recently, ahem... Malvern Star

531Aussie said:
Bottecchia, Raleigh and Gitane were always mass produced. Falerio Masi was an artesian and possibly the most respected frame builder of all time. The story goes(yeah, yeah there is a heap of BS around about these blokes) he had so much faith in his own abilites he would sometimes work in a silk shirt!

I always liked Basso's. The late 80's/early 90's frames looked grouse. Some of their models used to have a really low bracket height, like 80mm drop, as opposed to the usual 68-70mm drop.

531Aussie said:
All "re-birtthed" AFAIK. Plus Motobecane, Kestrel, Mercier and Dawes. Find a brand that used to mean something but is in the doldrums, buy the name and churn out cookie cutter bikes at low cost. :confused:

I'm watching channel 9. WTF have channel 9 done to Berts and Sams heads? they look like they are made of plasticine.

classic1 said:
I'm watching channel 9. WTF have channel 9 done to Berts and Sams heads? they look like they are made of plasticine.
jaysus! check out the hairy dude! :eek:

classic1 said:
Bottecchia, Raleigh and Gitane were always mass produced. Falerio Masi was an artesian and possibly the most respected frame builder of all time. The story goes(yeah, yeah there is a heap of BS around about these blokes) he had so much faith in his own abilites he would sometimes work in a silk shirt!

I always liked Basso's. The late 80's/early 90's frames looked grouse. Some of their models used to have a really low bracket height, like 80mm drop, as opposed to the usual 68-70mm drop.
Oh.

Bicycle Recycle has one of the newish carbon Masis, and it's pretty hot.

What's an 80mm bb drop generally ride like? Does it let you fly down winding mountain roads at 100km/h? :)

roshea said:
All "re-birtthed" AFAIK. Plus Motobecane, Kestrel, Mercier and Dawes. Find a brand that used to mean something but is in the doldrums, buy the name and churn out cookie cutter bikes at low cost. :confused:
Yeah, it's farkin not right. Imagine if the same thing happened to Ferrari or Lamborghini: some Septic buys the name and slaps the logo and prancing horse on some shitbox Russian car, like an '80s Lada :)