The Thread about Nothing....

What is Armstrong doing on a race long breakaway? Has he turned into a third-rate journeyman French professional rider?

gplama said:
He needs a chain catcher....

No... He needs to drop the bling bling rubbish and put on a stock SRAM red mech. That said, he should just bin the SRAM rubbish an stick on DA7900 or Campag Super Record.

Andy Schleck - SRAM - will you take the leap? (just like Andy's backwheel took a leap when his sh1t jammed up)

Yes!! I was waiting for someone to blame Schlock's mishap on light, weight weenie bling! :) Now I can put my undies on my head, get up on my bed, and do my retro grouch dance of joy

531Aussie said:
Yes!! I was waiting for someone to blame Schlock's mishap on light, weight weenie bling! :) Now I can put my undies on my head, get up on my bed, and do my retro grouch dance of joy

I thought the R painted on the backside of those undies that are strapped across your noggin stood for something other than Retro...

It wasn't totally the weight weenie bling per se that I was blaming - a lot of it seemed to be the setup from running what looked like a full length tandem chain. Either way, self inflicted. While he's thinking about what happened maybe he can remember how the peloton waited for him on the run into Spa when he had issues. How many times does the guy want people to wait for him... Fark.

Thylacine said:
Fark what a yawnfest. I'm going to bed.

:(
Second that. When was the last interesting stage? Think it was the cobbly bit, wasn't it? Since then: a dropped chain. There's always these gorgeous laaaaaydeeeees:
tour-de-france-girls.jpg

531Aussie said:

When you ride a Tommasini Super Prestige with Super Record, then you can call yourself retro Nev.

Thylacine said:
When you ride a Tommasini Super Prestige with Super Record, then you can call yourself retro Nev.
Hey, I still ride my 1988 Raleigh once a month (8sp, quill stem, and all), and when I do so, I polish the chrome and other shiny bits, so that the turkeys I'm dropping know full well I'm on an old 10kg clunker. :D Also, I'm the only guy left on Beach Rd with 32-spoke wheels and 'natural' aluminium hub shells.

So they're talking in the Ballarat paper about turning the run-down 'theme park' Kryal Castle into a brothel. No major changes required as the owner has fcuked it for the past 20 years....

Anyhow, the comments are alight with passion and opinion. The pick of the bunch being:

"I think it is disgusting Mr Keith Ryall put is life and sole into that place."

...and now he's just 'walking' away from it all? The sooner someone nukes the Internet the better.

gplama said:
Jens was so worried about the performance of his SRAM equipped team bike, he rode his commuter for stage 16
:D
Cool! My newbie mates have been asking me for ages if that ever happens; now they might shut up