/ˈɔ
thinsp.png
tɪz
thinsp.png
əm
/ Show Spelled[aw-tiz-uh
thinsp.png
m] Show IPA –noun
1. Psychiatry . a pervasive developmental disorder of children, characterized by impaired communication, excessive rigidity, and emotional detachment.
2. a tendency to view life in terms of one's own needs and desires.

Bwhahahaha...I was gunna question his over inflated ego in having to bleat from the rooftops "I'm an engineer" to support his arguement...but I lost interest. I did find it mildly amusing that he also needed to tell us he was able to 'procreate'...obviously not using his personality as a method of birth control!...but again, my short attention span for idiots defeated my desire to respond

531Aussie said:
Hee hee! I just went over to the Bike Vic forum to see if Hitchy had raved about the Scapin I missed out on, :

Nev...it's 'uber' grouse...haven't had a steel frame in probably 15 years & had forgotten how nice a ride they can be. It's not flexy at all, (unlike my last one) & begs to go on the 'attack'...being a fat unfit *******,when the going gets a bit 'vertical' my current tendencies are to change 'down' but this thing positively encourages getting out of the saddle & 'putting in'. Even with a sadlle that I reckon must weigh a kg (turbomatic 4) & the original kysiriums, it still only weighs much the same as the 486...but a fair bit more than the 595 (will report on the 'actual' when I find some accurate scales)

It doesn't twitch, goes where you point it & didn't 'beat me up' on the 1st ride of 80km odd (after several shorter rides to make the adjustments form 'Ed's bike' to 'Hitchy's bike')...I'm not a fan of campag, mostly cos I can't seem to get comfortable on the hoods. All I've changed is the stem, seat height & the 'barney the dinosaur' bar tape & I think it's pretty close to being perfect. (My 'purveyor of bike fitment' is coming around to give it the once over). How do I measure the seat tube angle?...really is my new 'fave'...dunno if I'll race it...more likely will stay the 'fine day poser bike', cos I'm scared of scratching it...it's immaculate, you really couldn't tell it wasn't brand new...I suspect Ed serviced it recently in anticpation of selling, cos everything I checked over had already been done recently by the look of it

Hitchy said:
How do I measure the seat tube angle?

You don't. Just measure "setback" - use a vertical line from the centre of the cranks and measure back to the tip of saddle (only really works if you have the same saddle on each bike). It's distance "E" on this:

Park Tool Website

Edit: ok, you CAN measure STA if you have a digital spirit level (there's at least one free app available for iPod / iPhone) or are good at trigonometry, but I don't think you need to know this to set up the bike.

roshea said:
You don't. Just measure "setback" - use a vertical line from the centre of the cranks and measure back to the tip of saddle (only really works if you have the same saddle on each bike). It's distance "E" on this:

Park Tool Website

Edit: ok, you CAN measure STA if you have a digital spirit level (there's at least one free app available for iPod / iPhone) or are good at trigonometry, but I don't think you need to know this to set up the bike.

nah, it's not a set up issue...I'm fine with that. Nev wanted to know the seat tube angle so he could convince himself that this frame wouldn't have been any good for him!. Whats the trigonometry formula?

Hitchy said:
nah, it's not a set up issue...I'm fine with that. Nev wanted to know the seat tube angle so he could convince himself that this frame wouldn't have been any good for him!. Whats the trigonometry formula?

Trigonometry Calculator (or any other web trig calculator).

Using this:

24c72us.jpg

You can measure distances a, b and c - you only need 2 of these. Make sure angle "C" is 90 degrees.

Hitchy said:
Nev...it's 'uber' grouse...haven't had a steel frame in probably 15 years & had forgotten how nice a ride they can be.......
Nice. Thanks for the review. I get the feeling you'd probably appreciate it more than me anyway -- what, with me with 28 bikes and all. :D Knowing me, I woulda just butchered it with my "fat masher" specs: a cheap-ass stiffer fork and my 2.2kg DT wheels. :D Did you measure the head tube? What was your last steel frame?

This is in the pg20 news snippet on Boonen: "tendinitis".
Not good enough. :D Like one of me mates says: "I always feel a little bit dumber after reading an Australian cycling magazine."

These spammers seem to come here first. Does this mean this is the top-rating thread? :D

531Aussie said:
These spammers seem to come here first. Does this mean this is the top-rating thread? :D

Must be. I can't work out why they'd bother though... that looks very much like 'by hand' customised spamming.... I guess labor is cheap in some places.