The Thread about Nothing....

gplama said:
Melbourne is a soggy biscuit. :mad:

Yeah i'm glad im only back in melb for 24 hours. Melbourne can go suk a big one.
My schlong is way to big even for your loose arze classic1.
hmmm box handles. Good thinking 99.
Dont go see that Tomorrow-When-The-War-Began. Train wreck.

Z-B-T-T-A-J-L-T

86992.jpg

531Aussie said:
Any car buying advice for someone who knows nothing about cars?
I'm only gunna spend no more than $5000 on a Falcon, like this.

1998 FORD FALCON FORTE AU Private Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au

From what I have heard AU's are alright besides how the farkers look. A bloke from work had one, it never missed a beat. He got stuff all on trade in though, the dealer only offered him $2k, so you should be able to do better. Typical Ford problem of that era is intermittent faults with the central locking.

Earthquake!

3.3 centered about 1km from where I'm sitting. A very interesting 4 seconds of fun I've had in a while. It was a big ol' vertical jolt - big enough to shift my weight up out of the seat and smash my legs into the desk top that's secured to the floor...

swampy1970 said:
Earthquake!

3.3 centered about 1km from where I'm sitting. A very interesting 4 seconds of fun I've had in a while. It was a big ol' vertical jolt - big enough to shift my weight up out of the seat and smash my legs into the desk top that's secured to the floor...

Down here when that happens it's called a 'fart'.

Uh-oh. Looks like Paris has been going out without any panties on again.

You'd think someone with that much money behind them could at least afford a brazillian.

Oi you lot!...need to scrounge some info from your collective wisdom...or lack of it! Trying to fit a 7900 BB into my Look frame...drive side went in no wuckers, was able to screw it in about 3/4 of the way with me fingers, before needing the tool...non drive side went in about 2 turns before I needed the tool...& the more I screw it, the harder it seems to get...Is this usual?...should I just keep tightening the farker until fitted, or do I have a problem?....all nicely greased & the threads didn't appear to have any rough bits. What have I done wrong?

Hitchy said:
... Trying to fit a 7900 BB into my Look frame...
To ask the bleedin' obvious... have you got a mismatched set of cups with the BB? ie trying to fit an Italian threaded cup into an English BB shell.

cs124 said:
To ask the bleedin' obvious... have you got a mismatched set of cups with the BB? ie trying to fit an Italian threaded cup into an English BB shell.

If it was english vs italian, then he couldn't get it in at all because the threads are COMPLETELY reversed.

Hitchy, get the threads 'chased' at your local bike shop. I didn't suggest it in my original post over on BV for nothin'

too much blue lock-tite stuff on the BB cup? not that you can get that sheit off... maybe screw it into another frame first then try it again on the Look.

(maybe a steel frame, I hear they're cheap as chips and handy for hackery tasks like this).

:p

cs124 said:

Nope, both English

parawolf said:
If it was english vs italian, then he couldn't get it in at all because the threads are COMPLETELY reversed.

Hitchy, get the threads 'chased' at your local bike shop. I didn't suggest it in my original post over on BV for nothin'

hmmm. looking like I might have to...knew I shoulda just left this 'building' marlarkey up to them in the 1st place! :D