The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by bbp .

I've just given a friend I trust my handshake on the marketing of my business, with the promise of all costs incurred paid back eventually regardless, and if it all works out, with 100% interest non recurring. I guess this means I'll be able to read your facebook **** soon. And hopefully be able to maintain an internet connection in the meantime so as to be able to. Apparently you've got to be in it to win it. Cest la vie. I quite liked being a bit rogue on social skills, but I need to #occupyaliving first. Here we go.

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]"The culture of online marketing is unhealthy—the lack of criticism of it is pretty astonishing to me—but the real tragedy is watching the forces of self preservation turn good people with good intentions into obnoxious, self-aggrandizing loudmouths that collect into BS echo chambers. Sometimes what you see accepted or celebrated around you is exactly what you shouldn’t do."[/COLOR]
These are not the droids you are looking for.

Originally Posted by roshea .

The thing that's been pissing me off this week is way the commercial TV networks are trying to cash in on ANZAC Day. FFS, pay tribute, show coverage of the services, but don't try to dupe viewers into watching **** by appealing to notions of patriotism.

(threat title needs to be amended to The Grumpy Old Man Thread)
I have wondered if the gush of emotion about the ANZACs - flocking to ANZAC Cove, walking the Kakoda trail, visiting graves at the Western Front etc etc - is an attempt to replace the ritual and sense of meaning we've lost having jetisoned religion. Regardless of one's view of war, it's hard not to be moved by the deep symbolism and gravity of the memorial services. (Mind you, I almost spewed when I heard Gillard today - a vulgar speech badly delivered by a cynical usurper - I wanted to drill my ears with high speed wood augers).
1_12_IRWIN_WOOD_AUGER_DRILL_BIT.jpg
x 2 thanks

Originally Posted by matagi .

You got a thing for Shaun Micallef?
Yeah why not, him too. Pisser. Hannah is getting better too "Dinner for two..... 69".... hah..

Other TV tip tonight: ABC2 10:15pm. Restrepo. Watched it twice already from the Internets.

^ I hope he wants us to see Cat Stevens. :) ....or that cute-ish, "booksy' chick.
He wrote some farkin grouse songs

Originally Posted by 62vette .

Quote: Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Crikey jalikey!! Aussie Brad Wiggins just won a bunch sprint
Que? He's a pom innit?

Bradley "I wear armwarmers because my arms are whiter than my shirt" Wiggins is indeed a Brit.

That effort looked like he could have pulled the entire GB pursuit squad to a 3:51. Impressive. Must jump on the iphone and set the DVR to record it on the tele...