The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by roshea .

Based on today's photos, at least we can be reasonably confident that Leisel Jones isn't doping.
I dunno. Are donuts and chocolate performance enhancing?

Olympic uniforms. If we must use yellow /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif , is it REALLY that hard for a company like Adidas to make garments in the same shade of yellow?

This isn't TOO bad (not great though).

This, on the other hand, is APPALLING!

I saw a photo yesterday of the mens road team - Mick Rogers looked like he was smuggling a salami.

Edit: ah, here it is:

Originally Posted by paulambry .

Are we sure this is the Olympics everyone is going to? Looks like the Eurovision Song Contest.
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

So this year the USA get gear from Ralph Lauren, Italy use Giorgio Armani and Great Britain hired Stella McCartney.

Meanwhile, in Russia,

By the same company who did the delightful Spanish kit as well as this beauty for Ukraine:

Bwahahaahahahahahahahaha

Jones' coach, Michael Bohl, has vehemently rejected suggestions Jones was treating the Olympics as anything other than serious competition, and says she has been performing well in training and is in good condition to compete next week.
Jones has repeatedly said these Games were the icing on the cake for her, having created history by becoming the first Australian swimmer to qualify for four Olympics.

Reactions: gplama
At last, Australian cycling's greatest mystery explained...
tumblr_m7o6o7dUMo1qlkly8.png

roshea said:
Olympic uniforms. If we must use yellow :eek:  , is it REALLY that hard for a company like Adidas to make garments in the same shade of yellow? This isn't TOO bad (not great though).  This, on the other hand, is APPALLING!
That track outfit reminds me....... Any of you Vic TANners remember Banana Man???

That outfit is putrid. They could at least have gone for dark green knicks. It would be less vomit inducing.

Who is/was Banana Man? I'm assuming it is not a reference to the cartoon character.

There was a track rider who used to dress in all yellow and, I **** you not, changed his name to Bananaman by deed poll.

Originally Posted by classic1 .

There was a track rider who used to dress in all yellow and, I **** you not, changed his name to Bananaman by deed poll.
I think he has a banana tattooed on his rear calf.

very hipster

and thats a fail