The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by classic1 .

There was a track rider who used to dress in all yellow and, I **** you not, changed his name to Bananaman by deed poll.
Yep - that's the one. Banana logos on his bikes and wheels too Yet I don't think he was even remotely connected to the banana industry.

Originally Posted by Wilchemy .

Yep - that's the one. Banana logos on his bikes and wheels too Yet I don't think he was even remotely connected to the banana industry.
It sounds like he was only remotely connected to reality

Originally Posted by Wilchemy .

Didn't he run a business called Banana Flooring and sponsor a racing team at some stage?

Training ride
0.jpg

Looks like Mr Banana did a better job of the Banana Flooring team kit (blue and yellow) than Adidas did of our Olympic effort. Sid Patterson... future stars... some years back...

13-JuniorScratch.jpg
07-WomensPoints.jpg

Some Olympic mug shots...
1254738.png
1254449.png
1254436.png
1254865.png
1254335.png

The one of Gerro is a bit scary. Henderson too. Fuglsang... it must be nice to have the option of doing something that silly with your hair.

Originally Posted by roshea .

Based on today's photos, at least we can be reasonably confident that Leisel Jones isn't doping.
If you ask me, the whole thing has been blown out of proportion/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Originally Posted by paulambry .

Some Olympic mug shots...

The one of Gerro is a bit scary. Henderson too. Fuglsang... it must be nice to have the option of doing something that silly with your hair.
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Fact: only 20% of Olympic cyclists have a sense of humour.

"Anyone that watches BMX falls in love with it"

Ummm ........ no ......... I don't think so.

Originally Posted by matagi .

"Anyone that watches BMX falls in love with it"

Ummm ........ no ......... I don't think so.
I'm a fan!

But this is a bit pox:

http://www.carolinebuchanan.com/

"Caroline Buchanan’s web site is temporarily unavailable due to Olympic embargo on advertising and use of images. The site will be available after 15th August 2012."

I'd heard that LOCOG were a bit heavy handed with their policing of advertising, but preventing an athlete from displaying their own web site?!?

Originally Posted by roshea .

I'm a fan!

But this is a bit pox:

http://www.carolinebuchanan.com/

"Caroline Buchanan’s web site is temporarily unavailable due to Olympic embargo on advertising and use of images. The site will be available after 15th August 2012."

I'd heard that LOCOG were a bit heavy handed with their policing of advertising, but preventing an athlete from displaying their own web site?!?
She won the gold in the 4X at the world champs in Canberra a few years back. I was quite proud of my verbal restraint when the happy bloke I was chatting to next to me while watching the podium ceremony turned out to be her dad.

Yeah a pox on the Olympics machine. Well, except for the womens hurdles.

Originally Posted by matagi .

The only one I recognise is Cadel. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif
Ma, you should be ashamed.

Top row, your beloved Tommeke, and Cadel
Middle row, startled pixie = Gerrans, and Greg Henderson
Bottom row, Fuglsang (OK I wouldn't have known him either)

Cadel has some weird symmetry going on with the frown and chin cleavage

Originally Posted by 62vette .

Quote: Originally Posted by matagi .

The only one I recognise is Cadel. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif
Ma, you should be ashamed.

Top row, your beloved Tommeke, and Cadel
Middle row, startled pixie = Gerrans, and Greg Henderson
Bottom row, Fuglsang (OK I wouldn't have known him either)

Cadel has some weird symmetry going on with the frown and chin cleavage

Double plus oops! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif

You saw the pics in 3 rows? They were all in a straight line for me and very small (and I couldn't zoom in), so that's going to be my excuse.