The Thread about Nothing....

There's no real story as such. After 10 years I finally have a contractor that is an absolute gun and 100% trustworthy, but after covering a litany of warranty issues and off-spec bikes because previous contractors wouldn't take responsibility, I made a sizable loss last year and decided to pull the pin.

If anyone wants a custom frame I can point you in the right direction, but at this stage I'm out of the cycling game for good....save of course for riding my bike to the milk bar. :)

2nd in a sprint.

First time for everything/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Thylacine said:
There's no real story as such. After 10 years I finally have a contractor that is an absolute gun and 100% trustworthy, but after covering a litany of warranty issues and off-spec bikes because previous contractors wouldn't take responsibility, I made a sizable loss last year and decided to pull the pin. If anyone wants a custom frame I can point you in the right direction, but at this stage I'm out of the cycling game for good....save of course for riding my bike to the milk bar. :)
Suspected you'd pulled the pin. Enjoy the bike thylo, the wind in your face, spinning the legs, talking **** while cruising along, clearing out the cobwebs, its ace. Good luck with whatever u end up doing

The big black dude from The Green Mile, Michael Clarke Duncan, has died. Crikey. Only 54. He had a heart attack in July.

michael-clarke-duncan-dead-at-54.jpg

Eh, carm on!! Don't leave it until you're old and clapped out like me.
You KNOW you want it.
Are you old enough for Masters yet?

Originally Posted by matagi .

How tall are you? Would you consider a custom mixte? One careful lady owner, only ridden on Sundays. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

It might be worth somefing one day for sure. I know you 'inner suburban/moved to the country to grow organic bananas in the south of Tasmania' types - I bet you have only ridden it 4 times ever.

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Eh, carm on!! Don't leave until you're old and clapped out, like me.
You KNOW you want it.
Are you old enough for Masters yet?
I dunno. Maybe if I was racing in a team. Maybe if I had a new titanium bike to make the sport easier. Maybe if they had a bloke on the PA at the finish line calling me home screaming "YOU AREEEEE A IRON-WARNNYYYY-MAN!!!!". Maybe a free drink bottle and show bag too. These things matter.

Ah yeah, the same old problem for all Tanners: we don't play well with others. Hmmm, you might not be able to do it alone.

I'll buy you a water bottle

13th of October

Ha! You'll be racing 6 days a week.
Eh, from what i know, most Vets racing is a bit too "small pond" for you. I reckon you'd get bored, coz it'd be too easy for you.
And, apart from Southern, the bunches aren't big (Eastern has a limit of 25 at Dunlop Rd), so there's not much money in it.
Would you really wanna go out to Casey just to smash up on a dozen Eastern Vetters? :)

Having said all that, I know nothing about Northern and all the other stuff out west.

Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack .

Yeh I went and did some late night reading. I've never liked him ever. Maybe you sort of get on well with him dunno but yeah Id rather stab myself in the eye with a troll doll than be in a room with him.
Agreed. PM's for the win! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Ha! You'll be racing 6 days a week.
Eh, from what i know, most Vets racing is a bit too "small pond" for you. I reckon you'd get bored, coz it'd be too easy for you.
And, apart from Southern, the bunches aren't big (Eastern has a limit of 25 at Dunlop Rd), so there's not much money in it.
Would you really wanna go out to Casey just to smash up on a dozen Eastern Vetters? :)

Having said all that, I know nothing about Northern and all the other stuff out west.
I'd race my grandma if she was on a bike. And elbow her off in the sprint.

Northern run a pretty big show.

Originally Posted by gplama .

I'd race my grandma if she was on a bike. And elbow her off in the sprint.
Northern run a pretty big show.
Ha! Yeah, I start hookin kids on BMXs into the tea trees on the Beach Rd bike path if I'm desperate for some competition in the middle of winter, but they rarely take the bait.

Digging into the deep dark recesses of my memory - I seem to recall some talk of a TAN support team for Monsieur Vadar for the Slog to Sale.
If we pool our resources could we bring him home in the Warny?

Whaddya reckon?

Originally Posted by Thylacine .

You can't benefit from the proceeds of crime, but you also can't be denied an income, either.

Plus, it's the way of the World! Talent, tempered by rampant ego, followed by sin, then redemption, then book and public speaking tours! Been going on for 40,000 years, why stop now?
I didn't say anything about denying him an income but as it stands, anyone who's a top ten contender for the Tour that's on the go-juice can write a "work in progress" book just incase they get nobbled for doping and they'd have something pre-penned for when the fall out from their first timely bombshell to the press is delivered. Something to fall back on just incase the doping thing ends in being busted.

It's not just about cyclists either - the same thought applies to criminals who sell their stories to the press. Commit some dispicable act and sell the story for a $million. F**k that.

Speaking of laughable - apparently, the USADA still haven't finished their report, weeks after annoucing that Lance was banned (even though they don't have the power to ban him) and won't be sending the report to the UCI any time soon. If rumours are true, they'll also be sending the report to the press at the same time to leverage public pressure on the UCI. Due process, what's that? USADA making up more rules?