The Thread about Nothing....

yep....matter of trial & error until something worked!. Having a job that that requires 3 passwords just to log in to everything daily, that then have to be changed quarterly (& can't be one you've used before), means it's easy to lose track of these things!

Originally Posted by Hitchy
Having a job that that requires 3 passwords just to log in to everything daily, that then have to be changed quarterly (& can't be one you've used before), means it's easy to lose track of these things!
I just change the digits at the end of mine. Less to remember - "now I know it's HitchyIsGheyXX and I think the last one was 68, so it must be HitchyIsGhey69"

yep....matter of trial & error until something worked!. Having a job that that requires 3 passwords just to log in to everything daily, that then have to be changed quarterly (& can't be one you've used before), means it's easy to lose track of these things!
What bikes have you got at the moment?

Originally Posted by roshea

I just change the digits at the end of mine. Less to remember - "now I know it's HitchyIsGheyXX and I think the last one was 68, so it must be HitchyIsGhey69"
I wish....the farkin protocols for passwords around this place are unbelievable....gotta be x number of digits/letters different than the previous one or it won't accept it. Takes me half an hour to think of something that will satisfy all the rules, that I'll actually remember.....then to make matters worse, get it wrong 3 times (& it doesn't show you what you've typed) & you get locked out & have to ring the propeller heads in IT, interrupt their 'World of warcraft' session to get the ****ers to reset it....then begin the whole process again!

I wish....the farkin protocols for passwords around this place are unbelievable....gotta be x number of digits/letters different than the previous one or it won't accept it. Takes me half an hour to think of something that will satisfy all the rules, that I'll actually remember.....then to make matters worse, get it wrong 3 times (& it doesn't show you what you've typed) & you get locked out & have to ring the propeller heads in IT, interrupt their 'World of warcraft' session to get the ****ers to reset it....then begin the whole process again!
Can you just bang randomly at the keyboard and then cut and paste the confirmation, then next time you need to login use the "Have you forgotten your password" feature after that which resets the passwords, rinse and repeat?

Either that or post it notes with your password stuck to the monitor.

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
I think "crikey" says it all about the weather
Is that it??????....farkin 'Crikey'????. geez you're slipping mate, what ever happened to the daily diatribe on the weather, complete with a special Nev 'back in the day' story?...what about some facts that would make a meteorologist blush?.....

Is that it??????....farkin 'Crikey'????. geez you're slipping mate, what ever happened to the daily diatribe on the weather, complete with a special Nev 'back in the day' story?...what about some facts that would make a meteorologist blush?.....
To be honest, Paul and Roshea have gone passed me. Ha. Paul's got a whole bunch of wind maps that I think he gets from NASA, and Roshea has hacked into every weather satellite and camera in existence

CSI TAN time again - forensic analysis of Strava data.

http://app.strava.com/activities/200879631/analysis

The guy who died on an MTB ride last weekend - uploaded by a friend later: "Hi Everyone, I had to upload My Good Mate Paul, ride for the Police to study. Paul will be so greatly missed Please All don't forget Paul "

Zooming into the map and looking at the other data, could everything after 26 km be explained by GPS "drift"? Looks like his HR peaked over 200 BPM then flatlined (at 168 - hmm) while the bike did short random zigs and zags. I don't have a Garmin device - is this the sort of thing that happens if you leave the computer on after you stop riding?

Hmmm, who knows? With all the wind we've had, my HR monitor was giving all sorts of bodgy readings.

gplama said:
HHIIITTCCHHYHYHYY So tell us the story. What club are you with these days? Sunberg? Cobpreston?
Brunswick, probably the one of the few clubs in the combine you haven't been at! :)

531Aussie said:
What bikes have you got at the moment?  
this one. Has a sram crank with a quarq on it now....don't get much chance to ride though

Nice. Is that the same one you had a few years ago? Are the Enve's grouse? What about the Scapin?

Someone elsewhere suggested that GPS has trouble locking on to satellites in heavily wooded areas (zoom in and switch to satellite view) and that might cause this behaviour.

AHA!

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#200879631

Things go pretty normally until about 1:44 but after that I think it's just garbage.