The Thread about Nothing....

Watching the footy. It’s like the zombie apocalypse happened and only the cockroache-like Richmond and Carlton football club’s survived .....

or it like watching a regular season NRL game

**** I'm bored. Can't do my hydrotherapy coz the pools have closed, and even the beaches nearby, although they're too cold for half an hours exercise, and my back is getting worse again. Did I mention that the locals pubs are enforcing 1.5m separation? I'm bored. Still gonna teach tomorrow at 7am but. Might be the last time for a while?
I managed to find some dunny roll though.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pink-Tr...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/ia0bfWbOLjY

I got quite a guffaw out of this one from one of my students today.
C6ACB25A-5998-4670-A4F9-E434CFD4FE17-3559-0000055D80A52DCC.JPG

Speaking of which, TAFE NSW, take a bow. It's basically criminal having us all there and not a bottle of hand sanitiser in the entire campus. Judging by the state of the toilets the cleaners haven't been there for a week either. Flabbergasted.
And they closed the pubs and restaurants. I gonna be bored and lonely. Pupupulease hopefully not forced to stay sober, says Brer Fox in the briar patch, and hoping vainly that the TP run hasn't hit the bottle shops yet. I'd better run.

Last edited:
No footy, no spring classics, probably no work soon. That chinaman what rooted that pangolin has a lot to answer for.

Reactions: bbp
In 1992 I had my only overseas adventure so far, I did take 8 months, so I don't feel any shame for having since used my holiday times to enjoy this our continent. In these interesting times various exgirlfriends are communicating with me, which is nice, including my first real girlfriend who was a Brisso I met in London. She's married with kiddies, amazingly enough to a rather lovely fellow who we both met in the sharehouse in South Kensington, anyway we're talking again, met up last year after a 20 year absense, nice.
About card games to play with the kiddies in lockdown. As an exwowser I recommend Canasta and Cribbage. Particularly cribbage. It was the Anzac game of choice in the trenches and deserves respect. Grandma Thiele who was married to the cousin of the bloke who wrote Storm Boy was also the mother of my mother, and I was born in Bordertown which was the closest hospital to the sheep station at Salk Creek on the Coorong which my parents were running at the time; and she was not only the head of the SA CWA and a godhead of arts and craft, but also a Bridge addict before she died, after teaching me Canasta and Cribbage, and heaps of arts and crafts, with CWA women on the lids on top of Grandpa Thiele's snooker table, which was in a shed that also had hidden **** to change a young Joho's life. I pretended to play a lot of solo snooker.
I never learnt it so I can't speak for Bridge, but I'll ****ing learn online Bridge in her memory whence lockdown demands.
Love youse all.

Last edited:
Reactions: EoinC2
I got quite a guffaw out of this one from one of my students today.
View attachment 4354
Speaking of which, TAFE NSW, take a bow. It's basically criminal having us all there and not a bottle of hand sanitiser in the entire campus. Judging by the state of the toilets the cleaners haven't been there for a week either. Flabbergasted.
And they closed the pubs and restaurants. I gonna be bored and lonely. Pupupulease hopefully not forced to stay sober, says Brer Fox in the briar patch, and hoping vainly that the TP run hasn't hit the bottle shops yet. I'd better run.
Self quoting. Sorry. But I'm proud to say that after only 7 weeks I still can't remember that student's name, nor most of the others' either, you only remember the worst of them when you're bad with names generally, but oh yes Ivan is a serious Catholic and yet a really nice lad who deserves to win at life. And we can have tender real conversations about his future.
I'm a good teacher. Just realising it. Grandma would be proud. SA relatives have also been communicative and kind, even if the borders are all closed and my immediate family are exfoliated, I am not alone.
The TAN has been more of a family to me than you will ever know. For that I thank you all. May you prevail in all of your endeavours. You ****ing awesome people.

Reactions: steve and EoinC2
Music. The Chats, Polish Club. Have I mentioned West Thebarton? Today was a little bit unusual at Tafe where as individual teachers I said if you're not here next week I will have to ring your boss but if you don't show up I totally understand, and there was a nuance that was serious and respectful, which I promise is not normal with 1st year apprentice muppets. On a break I saw a carpentry student on the stairs wearing an excellent white tshirt which said in a plain font West Thebarton, which was a very working class suburb of Adelaide when I grew there, but is also the name of a rather good bogan rock band now. We chatted, I respected this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/DLqUXisqjBE

View: https://youtu.be/9URhKk22xbM

and talked to a teenager about the previous bands of musicians I've been in bands with, and he knew his old Aussie rock and was genuinely excited about the random conversation. All in all, despite the death risk, I have had a good day at deathtrap Tafe Nsw.