The Thread about Nothing....

I would read that novel. Novels about journeys are great. Like Scuffy the Tugboat. A novel novel, about poo and a journey.

Reactions: bbp
D9189C9A-E50A-436C-87F3-1B9CD85300A9.jpeg
I saw one of these a month or two ago in Bairnsdale. Seen it a couple of times actually. What a nasty bit of gear it looked too. Like the fibreglass boat repair joint at paynesville wharf had put it together. To be fair it looked ok from some angles, but from the back it looked terrible. Why anyone would have purchased one over a 944 or RX7 or even a Starion I have no idea

I like Lotii.
I've had a drive of a Lotus Elise - one of the earlier models. It was like driving a go-kart, heaps of fun but lacking in many comfort options. Would have been **** as a daily driver.

View attachment 4401 I saw one of these a month or two ago in Bairnsdale. Seen it a couple of times actually. What a nasty bit of gear it looked too. Like the fibreglass boat repair joint at paynesville wharf had put it together. To be fair it looked ok from some angles, but from the back it looked terrible. Why anyone would have purchased one over a 944 or RX7 or even a Starion I have no idea
Remarkably similar but far more practical and therfore worse. A 944 Turbo or 964 or Starion turboe ramped up to 11 would count.
Hang on I can hear a rat chasing leftovers from my awesome dinner. Battle stations.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/aWR1h-5EzUo

Reactions: EoinC2
Actually inevitability is entirely horseshit. I apologise for my weakness of spirit.

Cheetah, do you remember how we once spoke about Lotus Europas? I like Lotii.
I spoke to a Lotus owner this evening and I suppose there's no shame in admitting what I can't afford.
http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/1/k/renault/id/21796
Still got the original Compliance Plate but it's come a long way since.

I think I'm a ****ing **** for letting Seppos see that ad btw.

Yes I do and LOL as I have that very car on my watch list.

I already have far too many projects. The Cheetah has been restored, but I can't pick it up or use it due to COVID-19. The Jensen is still in bits as I need to financially recover from the home renovations. The home renovations seem to be stuck at about the 97% completed mark due to COVID-19

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/860602.The_Marvelous_Mud_Washing_Machine
The first novel I wrote was as a primary school student, about the trials and travails of a poor innocent ****. Travelling from an ******** through a government owned sewerage system. I was clearly a ****ing nutbar.
My first primary school had 20 odd students, proper country school. 20 students between years 1 and 7, yes yr7 was primary still in SA, but our goldfish died, and we buried it, but yes I dug it up a few days later just to see what had happened.
What happened is I chose the wrong wingman and I got in trouble. It was an excellent life lesson.
And oh yeah I wrote that digestionary tract story whilst a Wasleys primary student too.

Wasleys was famous back in the day for farming the lucerne that fed Phar Lap and made him special too.

What was the town that had all of the awesome kill-deathly steel play equipment in rural SA? It was all made by an engineering firm. There was a park full of it in Geelong called Seagull Paddock that was opposite the Ford factory.

image.jpeg

This may be the park in SA?

I already have far too many projects. The Cheetah has been restored, but I can't pick it up or use it due to COVID-19. The Jensen is still in bits as I need to financially recover from the home renovations. The home renovations seem to be stuck at about the 97% completed mark due to COVID-19
He's a lovely bloke. 75 yo and still loving his toys, invited me over for a blat (after lockout ish, my choice more than his) after a half hour chat when I was straight up tyre kicking and just calling to talk about a car I rather like. He also owns the groovy little 90s? Renaultsport convertible thing on my105. And he still manages to get in them at 75, although he trailers them to to track. He's clearly not financially desperate, so unlikely to accept stupid lowball offers. But he is happy to chat. Sponsor me to the tune of $30k as the next owner and all sponsors will get free accommodation and track time at Sydney Motorsport Park or even better Wakefield Park, although that will be camping, and therefore better, as I am an expert camper.

Well bloody update your performanceforums thread then CheetahMk7. (that's the only one I've stumbled upon)

What was the town that had all of the awesome kill-deathly steel play equipment in rural SA? It was all made by an engineering firm. There was a park full of it in Geelong called Seagull Paddock that was opposite the Ford factory.

image.jpeg

This may be the park in SA?
As an ex SouthAustralian I remember Barmera, and other small towns along the Murray from my childhood as having playground equipment that could pack a serious punch. I remember a sandpit with analogue diggers on spinning turntables, but if you tried to dig too deep and then go shallower halfway through, the manky pivot points all overreacted, and it was very easy to accidentally have one of the handles fill your 10yo scrotum with blood. There was a park at St Kilda on the Peninsula in the 80s that was even hairier. Mostly wood based, nautically themed. It was pretty excellent as I recall, but not remotely safe, but we loved it, despite the Bolivar Bugle, which was the smell from the Adelaide sewerage outlet nearly. There was good crabbing on those 'beaches' but.

Last edited:
**** me haven't my emails increased during Covidmaggedon? Every ****ing cnut with a business needs to sent me daily emails describing how they're still alive and responding responsibly and deserving of my clicks and...money.

I would read that novel. Novels about journeys are great. Like Scuffy the Tugboat. A novel novel, about poo and a journey.
Wasn't he just a selfish bathtub tugboat that thought he deserved better, and bravely chose new horizons, only to get scared, and saved at the last moment by his family?
I resemble that too.

Also I had half a filling in a tooth fall out after sunday's pork roast. And the rat was only rustling though the garden at that point, gauging my awareness, so I closed the doors and put the food in the fridge. Simple.
But I lost half a filling on the Crackling, and yes it's temperature sensitive now, which from experience means a week or two until it's possibly infected.
Try and find a dentist right now?
And yes I'm into my second bottle of wine for the evening already, Cowra lamb chops to the rescue immenently. Also which have increased in price by 20% in the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I like this video too,
View: https://youtu.be/hOA6WrarZEQ

because it reminds me of my childhood on the Murray, my family were paupers but we were in a congregation with people who were not all such. So houseboating holidays were versatile, and the logging Johos had fast boats, 350/351ci things or wilder that looked similar but had propellers. I remember it was important they had metallic flake paint?
But dad would drag me away from that to spend tranquil hours fishing in a dinghy. Apparently I once got so bored of fishing that I just jumped over the side and sank. Scuffy?
Those revheads also took me gokarting with the F1 teams when they came to Adelaide and I was hooked.

Last edited:
As an ex SouthAustralian I remember Barmera, and other small towns along the Murray from my childhood as having playground equipment that could pack a serious punch. I remember a sandpit with analogue diggers on spinning turntables, but if you tried to dig too deep and then go shallower halfway through, the manky pivot points all overreacted, and it was very easy to accidentally have one of the handles fill your 10yo scrotum with blood. There was a park at St Kilda on the Peninsula in the 80s that was even hairier. Mostly wood based, nautically themed. It was pretty excellent as I recall, but not remotely safe, but we loved it, despite the Bolivar Bugle, which was the smell from the Adelaide sewerage outlet nearly. There was good crabbing on those 'beaches' but.
Nearby not nearly. Strangely our parents liked all that dangerous **** as much as we did. And I thank them for it. I think danger was an important part of my childhood.
JSAs and SWMSs be damned.
Survive Scuffy.