The Thread about Nothing....

More Thorpy on the coverage. He’s talking techo ****, probably dumbing it down a bit, but at least he’s not assuming the audience is retarded. They need more of that stuff.

Reactions: Wilchemy
I said something similar to a mate on Thursday night about Thorpey knowing his **** and managing to explain things in a reasonable way.

Reactions: classic1
I’ve seen previous Olympics where a former swim star has interviewed a swimmer and they start talking kick rates etc, then the host has cut them off. **** that. Let them go. That **** is ace, even though I have no idea what they are talking about. The reason I have no idea what they are talking about is C7’s complete inability to do anything without dumbing it down to the lowest common denominator so nobody learns anything. Commercial TV is an absolute wasteland.

Here’s a tip C7. I may have mentioned SBS having Tomalaris, McKenzie and Bates crapping on adds zero to their Tour coverage (actually, it is worse than zero as it is a negative for their coverage), but one thing they get right is McEwen breaking down the tactics in the finale. In two minutes that bloke nails it, in a way a laymen can understand. Why not do something similar with your expert commentators C7? It would be an improvement on the endless wankfests about ”our Aussie star overcame the adversity of a hangnail to get to Tokyo” or “our Aussie golden moments”?

Here’s another tip C7. Sack all your AFL commentators except for Luke Hodge, Daisy Pearce and maybe Richo (only because he’s Richo).

Sack Brian Taylor twice just to be sure.

Update from the field…
Over here (Malaysia), were running at about 17,000 new COVID cases per day, and are now above 160 deaths per day, on a steep hillclimb. Vaccinations are going at full speed, with queues past my place that are kilometres long.
coronavirus-data-explorer 3.png
F16A05A8-9628-4C38-9A9A-144DA758D517.jpeg
58FA8179-CA93-461F-A397-A1AB6D35D548.jpeg

Reactions: steve
For all the mismanagement that’s gone on here, especially with the vaccine rollout, it’s nothing like the horror show OS

Reactions: EoinC2
Speaking of mismanagement. We had a server issue here that had me completely stumped the last couple of days. :oops:

This cockhead can’t leave soon enough.

"I guess sport is entertainment, hopefully that was entertaining," said performance director Simon Jones.

Reactions: EoinC2 and steve
classic1’s observations on his foray back to facebook.

It’s still a cesspool. It has way more ads that it used to. Some of the sheilas I went to school with challenge Eeyore for lack of self assurance.

Last edited:
Was listening to Gerry Rafferty’s Baker Street before.

I reckon the guitar solo is better than the sax solo.

Just saw it is 76 years this week since the US dropped atomic bombs on the populations of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I’d like to quote the Mayor of Hiroshima, who uttered these immortal words in the immediate aftermath of th explosion.

“一体何だったの?”